Xbox Exclusives To PS5?

If this happens then it’ll be the final nail in the coffin for Microsoft surely in competition terms? It would destroy the entire point of owning an Xbox and the game pass on its own is just not sustainable or attractive enough plus the machines are technically inferior. The fact this has even been considered is just insane and it will kill any future credibility they have with ‘exclusives’. They were already desperate enough as it is with such few options. Makes you wonder if they will abandon consoles in the future and just do streaming as previously suggested. This situation is very similar to the Sega saga. The Bethesda acquisition has been a disaster so far and the Activision takeover isn’t going to change anything other than where the profits are diverted. Microsoft are incredibly boxed in right now and running out of options.

WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Major Xbox console exclusives such as Bethesda's Starfield and the upcoming Indiana Jones and the Great Circle are...

Not really surprising, couple the poor console sales with the fact I think they view gaming going to a more streaming based service I would be surprised if we see more than maybe 1 more physical xbox generation and everything going cloud based in the next generation or so for Xbox.

The only way this works for Microsoft is to make it so that their content reaches the biggest audience that it can.

The other plus for us as PS5 owners is that it may potentially mean Fallout, Elder scrolls etc won't be locked behind Microsoft devices (though with the next releases they may be timed releases).

Luseth.png

Whilst I agree that it’ll be good for PS5 owners, I think it’s important to consider that IF Microsoft/Xbox do pull out of the console hardware market, then who challenges PlayStation? What’s stopping Sony from charging £700 for the PS6? Nintendo aren’t really trying to compete at the high end powerful console level, so it would just be PlayStation.

Xbox are in a really difficult position, by focusing so much on Game Pass they have cornered themselves into this position. Particularly with a lot of their most popular franchises being multiplayer (Gears, Halo, now COD), these games benefit from having a large player base … best way to get that is to have them on all consoles.

We need to see what Xbox say about these rumours next week, but right now I am worried for the future of the video games market if this is all true.

I have to agree I think it’ll be a bad thing if Microsoft go the streaming way only and stop making consoles. Sony always have that motivation/challenge from Microsoft to keep developing the best console and games and if no one is challenging them, then the quality could go down. 

Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, and Grounded are coming to PS5 and Nintendo Switch!

Definitely seems like these 4 games are the ‘trial’ run, I’m sure we will see more Xbox exclusives on PS5 shortly after these 4! 

Microsoft has also confirmed they will still be releasing future Xbox consoles. 

If you don’t own an Xbox, I would definitely recommend Hi-Fi rush, a fantastic game! 

WWW.THEVERGE.COM

Microsoft is starting out small but has big ambitions.

hi-fi Rush alone is a must-play.  That was one of my top three games from 2023.  It's a great game with, an awesome soundtrack, and wicked gameplay.    Grounded had a unique premise, ad try as I might, I just can't get into the whole survival genre.

Give it a few, and they'll retract on not putting Starfiled multi-platform. 

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Xbox games have always been available on PC, I think it's pretty scummy Sony don't do the same. 

I think the future will be cloud gaming and I don't buy the no competition for Sony argument, its all about publishing games now, that's where the competition resides imo

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 2/15/2024 at 9:12 PM, WelchyTV said:

Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, and Grounded are coming to PS5 and Nintendo Switch!

I'd be happy if these came across. I've wanted us all to play Sea of Thieves more but you can see how people's behaviour means that we don't play it much on PC. If it comes to PS5 then you should see an increase on that for sure. One of the best live service games out there. Grounded was great too when we played it on PC for a while. Hopefully more fleshed out now given it was some years ago.

For cloud gaming...well, we'll just have to see. New youth of today get games through everything now, even Netflix. I don't hear many people playing them on there but that doesn't mean they don't get played. It'll be interesting as Google Stadia burned and failed so the gaming consumers have rebuffed the first round with many rounds to go I see.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb