Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered

J4MES OX4D

This isn't going to be modernised, it's being remastered so everythings going to be the same just look a little less pixelated I reckon.

I feel like PS1 era games are where some studios are going to come unstuck with all these remasters, the original 3d graphics are very blocky and not particularly pleasant to look at in most instances and this is definately going to be one of those games that really falls down. You can get away with remastering 2d titles and anything from the 360 / PS3 era but I don't see it working with most PS1 titles.

I wonder if this is one of those projects that Square started as it seems like their sort of thing to do at the moment and Crystal Dynamics have decided to complete the project, it really does smack of a cash grab though.

Luseth.png

If its priced at the right amount, which should be £20-25 then people will buy it to experience that feeling again due to not having that console of choice any longer. If you've played it before then I'd agree on getting the cash - you would give it away for next to nothing for original owners if you could.

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

the gameplay is more outdated than the graphics

Whilst gameplay might, there are some old games, like this one, that has some unique challenges that people who didn't play Tomb Raider back in the day could find fun to play. Especially ones that can't afford full priced games. Still think you're right on the other part though lol. The old Tomb Raider games will still sit in my fun zone so I won't be dissing the gameplay on it.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

As I like the remaster of the first tomb raider on the ps3 I'll most likely pick this up but main reason is the remaster of the second game which In my eyes was the best out of the franchise.

slamminbones.png

17 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

If its priced at the right amount, which should be £20-25 then people will buy it to experience that feeling again due to not having that console of choice any longer. If you've played it before then I'd agree on getting the cash - you would give it away for next to nothing for original owners if you could.

Whilst gameplay might, there are some old games, like this one, that has some unique challenges that people who didn't play Tomb Raider back in the day could find fun to play. Especially ones that can't afford full priced games. Still think you're right on the other part though lol. The old Tomb Raider games will still sit in my fun zone so I won't be dissing the gameplay on it.

For it's time, it was a fantastic game. I loved it. But go back now and try that control scheme and janky movement. No thanks 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

You can switch between the new and classic graphics so hopefully the latter will have modern support for higher resolutions too. Looks more like AI upscaled than a proper remaster I must admit although I don't mind that they haven't drifted too far from the aesthetics and style. Not sure how the gameplay will hold up overall though

The control's are horrendous but you can change them but will take some getting use to or should I say remember them.

One aspect I do like pressing the options button switches between the remaster and old style graphics.

It's quite odd seeing Lara with a more round bust rather than triangles 😂

slamminbones.png

Its definitely looking like they've done the right thing of leaving it as it is with just upscaled graphics in parts. Surely the D-Pad is the best way to play the game still given the fact that most ledges to jump up and puzzles require you to be more on the correct right angle?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

17 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I've seen a few videos on it, I'm actually thinking they've done a decent job with it, so yeah fair play 🙂

Yeah it definitely looks more authentic than I was expecting and doesn't drift away from the originals too much visually or mechanically. I definitely may grab it when I get a chance.