Games you love that are somewhat underrated by the gaming community

Luseth

So having picked up and really enjoying my Rog Ally it got me thinking about games I have in my steam library, some that are really quite good but may have been overlooked by most and I imagine we all feel that way about some games so let us know what games you loved but on the whole people may have missed.

I think the first one that really came to mind for me is Alpha Protocol, if you ever wanted to play a video game that made you feel like James Bond I really feel this was it. It was made by Obsidian and published by Sega, Obsidian in fact have the rights back for this one I believe so they could one day bring it back.

So I Tried... Alpha Protocol | GameGrin

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

8 Underrated PS3 Stealth Games | www.benettonplay.com

Luseth.png

I don't know about games I love but I've rediscovered some games from playing on SteamDeck.

Case in point, I've just started playing The Ascent. I think it had some issues on release, so not sure how well it sold... but I've found it's the perfect game on a hand held.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Days Gone is a game that while kind of annoying in parts and repetitive, has a lot of heart put into it. The story is very compelling. The addition of a motorcycle to traverse the landscape made it unique as well.

Will there be a sequel? Well, nah. Sony had to be awkward about things and insist it wasn't the big success we know it is. But oh man. I would love to see Deacon and Sarah again, as the freaks were meant to be evolving, according to the guy on the helicopter. 

It is what it is, though.

The Hunt Showdown has abit of a feeling like an underground hardcore following but never seems to make it into a larger group of people I find.

The game is absolutely top draw, the spin on the gamemode Battle Royale others did, they completely made it their own which makes every game feel like a new experience. Its a little more intense co-ordination needed and that can put some people off but its not hard to get into at all and such a great visual game, set in times where different encounters can happen with PVP and PVE all the time on the map.

Plus, its cheap as chips now!!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 9/4/2023 at 10:56 AM, slamminbones said:

One that is not heard of much is the back to the future tell tale game from the ps3.

It doesn't follow the films but definitely underrated.

It really is a fantastic game.  BTTF is my favorite movies series of all time.  Seen the movies hundreds of times by now.  I have annual passes to Universal Studios Florida and every time I see the Simpsons ride I want to punch a wall (It replaced the BTTF ride).  The Deloreon and the train from 3 are still there for pics.  This game did the series justice all the way around.  Loved playing through it.  

According to the original writers, this is as close to a BTTF 4 as there will ever be.   Thank God for that. 

I'd also have to say Watch Dogs 2. The game was somewhat tainted by the sheer disappointment of the original plus the general dislike of Ubisoft especially at the time. It's actually an incredibly fun game that looks amazing, has lots of highly entertaining missions plus the AI is incredibly dynamic and alive. It's an absolute travesty that they didn't follow this standard up with Legion and have probably killed of the series altogether. 

As said above, Days Gone is another I forgot about. Had a miserable reception at launch on PS4 due to various woes and when it was fixed, many users had already moved on. I took a punt when it arrived on PC and thought it was a remarkable game and a very rare instance where I never got tired of the open world and was left wanting after I finished it. The hordes are very impressive from a technical standpoint and the game is mechanically on-par with TLOU. Absolutely scandalous Sony cancelled the sequel. 

On 9/30/2023 at 12:21 PM, phil bottle said:

Days Gone was a slow starter but just got better and better as the game progressed. I'll likely pick up the PC version at some point if I see it cheap.

I think La @RenFengge used to rave about this game and hoped it had a sequel!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb