MW2 (2022) - Season 3 Roadmap

MrBiron

6 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Top sellers is just the daily revenue garnered from the product - with the game loaded with microtransactions and still costing £40, it's always gonna spike at the top now and then especially on days where there are minimal releases or just cheap indie games. 

The game has actually lost another 8.3% of players on Steam since season 3 launched and two days ago it dropped to less than 31,000 at peak time. 

image.png.1c620f20cb129a4c9eae08b8aaa84d5f.png

15 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Does ‘peak’ mean something different in your world?  As there’s more players online at almost every other point in time in that graph.

So it’s more like an anti peak…I feel English probably should have a word for that…

Peak time, not peak count. Thought that was obvious.  Just pointing out quite a big drop-off and the numbers either side of that aren't massive either at 65-75k.

1 minute ago, Greboth said:

Teh fuck have you been smoking?  Peak time literally means when there are the most people doing something.

Yes and they are not playing MW2 in this instance🤣 So by that logic, if COD has its highest player count of the month at 7am GMT in the morning on a Monday, that means it's 'peak time'!? No that's not how it is defined at all here. Peak time is determined by the platform rate and the peak player count is determined by the players that engage with the product at the time. They can't both mean the same thing in this case. 

2 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

So by that logic, if COD has its highest player count of the month at 7am GMT in the morning on a Monday, that means it's 'peak time'!? No that's not how it is defined at all here

Yes it is,that is literally the definition of ‘peak time’.

Peak time

noun

a time of day when a lot of people are using the same service, such as the internet, phone, etc.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/peak-time

And you know how you find out when a lot of people are using the same service….you count them and find the peak.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

51 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Yes it is,that is literally the definition of ‘peak time’.

Peak time

noun

a time of day when a lot of people are using the same service, such as the internet, phone, etc.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/peak-time

And you know how you find out when a lot of people are using the same service….you count them and find the peak.

As I already said, peak time is determined by the amount of people using the service (Steam in this case) as a whole. The player counts are then measured against this rate for a determination. It’s even an API factor on SteamWorks so developers can measure their games performance at max overall reach potential.

I have never known a video game to measure its peak time and peak player count as the same thing ever. I mean how many times have you heard in this industry developers and publishers refer to peak declines or underperformance at peak time..

Sure peak has a different meaning when talking about a sole entity like a corner shop or pub but in the common gaming industry, is used to garner the player counts reaches at the peak time of platform accessibility. 

I’ll keep it simple - MW2 achieved around 32,000 at peak platform time that day. That’s all there is to it really and it really is that simple. Doesn’t really mean all that much to a game in a steady monthly decline so there’s no point in squabbling over nitty-gritty terminologies. 

25 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I have never known a video game to measure its peak time and peak player count as the same thing ever. I mean how many times have you heard in this industry developers and publishers refer to peak declines or underperformance at peak time..

I haven't but that's because my exposure to player statistics for games is limited to what you post as I'd rather play a game than analyse the player base.  You're still confusing things by referring to "it's" peak time and count when, if I'm understanding you correctly, what you're actually comparing is the peak in Steam players against the peak in MW2 players.  It still seems to be an odd thing to do though as I imagine the peak steam usage is the evening in USA timezones when there's many reasons a games peak could be in a different timezone.  As by that logic, if only 1% of American Steam users play your game it would be considered shit even if 100% of Japanese Steam users play your game.

33 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I’ll keep it simple - MW2 achieved around 32,000 at peak platform time that day. That’s all there is to it really and it really is that simple. Doesn’t really mean all that much to a game in a steady monthly decline so there’s no point in squabbling over nitty-gritty terminologies. 

It isn't that simple though is it, why was the player count so low at the time? By the screenshot there wasn't a corresponding dip in players on April 11th or 13th suggesting there's other factor(s) for the dip on the 12th.  I'm not arguing against the general trend, I haven't looked at the stats and honestly don't care to either, but cherry picking a outlier is pointless.

25 minutes ago, techno said:

Regardless of peak anything from what I see season 3 is atrocious from a 6v6 pov. The rest I could give a fuck. 

Why? What have they done to 6v6? I've been busy the past couple of nights so haven't played since the season 3 patch dropped.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 hour ago, techno said:

Regardless of peak anything from what I see season 3 is atrocious from a 6v6 pov. The rest I could give a fuck. 

Don't like the two new maps? Why not? 

I find the night one annoying because I go in with iron sights and I still have to canter with the laser rather than aim.  I like the Rohan part of it because I am familiar with the map due to DMZ

the light house one is meh. But the only mode that ever comes up for me is hardpoint which I don't particularly like. Might feel differently if it was DOM or TDM

2 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Don't like the two new maps? Why not? 

I find the night one annoying because I go in with iron sights and I still have to canter with the laser rather than aim.  I like the Rohan part of it because I am familiar with the map due to DMZ

the light house one is meh. But the only mode that ever comes up for me is hardpoint which I don't particularly like. Might feel differently if it was DOM or TDM

I'm not interested in the whole canted iron sights type gameplay and the other map is just too big. It may play better in game modes that focus gunfights into smaller areas but then it's cluttered and the colour palette is just poor.

9 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

The event going allows you to get the M13B for those of you that didn't in DMZ or buy the bundle 

I believe it's 150 Tokens which isn't too hard

Yeah I saw that Pat, I've already eyed it up. Will be taking those dogshit attachments the blueprints has off when I get it. 

I just would prefer it to originally be earned like an event like this. 

Then the blueprints be an extra you earned in DMZ or WZ or whatever. 

Played some of the Black Gold night vision map, like others have said the canted laser is weird. 

Still nice to see a bit of variety. 

Pelaylo's Lighthouse is decent. Dom and Kill Confirmed are alright on it. TDM not so much. 

That's more due to my own personal game mode preferences. 

Would give the map a 7.5.

It's a bit dark and dingy and sometimes hard to spot enemies. 

Good mixture of gun fights tho, vertical play as well and excellent flanking options. 

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Yeah I saw that Pat, I've already eyed it up. Will be taking those dogshit attachments the blueprints has off when I get it. 

I just would prefer it to originally be earned like an event like this. 

Then the blueprints be an extra you earned in DMZ or WZ or whatever. 

you most likely will only have access to the blueprint, to unlock the base gun fully you may need to go into DMZ with the blueprint gun and exfil with it.

personally I’m pleased the m13b was only available for dmz. As I wouldn’t have touched dmz otherwise and I have been playing dmz primarily since Christmas.

3 hours ago, Tove said:

you most likely will only have access to the blueprint, to unlock the base gun fully you may need to go into DMZ with the blueprint gun and exfil with it.

personally I’m pleased the m13b was only available for dmz. As I wouldn’t have touched dmz otherwise and I have been playing dmz primarily since Christmas.

Agreed. It was the same for me