Remakes you want to see?

J4MES OX4D

Been a handful of pretty successful remakes in recent years - Resident Evil 2, Dead Space, Demon Souls, Final Fantasy VII, Metroid Prime, Age of Empires 2: Definitive, Mafia, Zelda: Links Awakening, Tony Hawks 1+2 and I was wondering if there was any you wanted to see?

Off the top of my head, mine would be:-

Dino Crisis - classic PS1 title that was shunted for the Resident Evil series. Grown massively in popularity in recent years and Capcom would be more than capable of pulling it off. 

Metal Gear Solid 3 - a tough one for Konami to pull off especially without HIdeo Kojima at the helm and despite plenty of rumours of the original and this one possibly being remade, still no sign. 

Splinter Cell - confirmed by Ubisoft after relentless fan badgering (supply and demand doesn't compute with them) but still nothing in the works - suppose they are working out how to monetise it to death. 

Red Dead Redemption - As long as it isn't a port by Grove Street Games like GTA Triology, I'd love a rehash of the original with RDR2's engine and world depth. Would be massively successful.

Max Payne - Rockstar have been sitting idle on the brand since 3. I hope Remedy rebuy it back one day and remake the original with the technology they have at their disposal. 3 was just GTA without cars. 

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 - they've done 1+2 which were a huge hit but no sign of the third game which was a groundbreaking leap on the PS2 back in the day. Deserves a remake. 

System Shock 2 - Remake of the original releases this month and hopefully they do the sequel too. First game is quite limited but the second offers way more. 

Bully - Surprise hit from Rockstar about 15 years ago. Got backseated by other brands and GTA but they could do wonders with a sequel if they had the ambition away from GTA Online.

Skyrim - just kidding. 27 versions of this decade old game is more than enough. Please no more Bethesda! 

Ooooo these have to be full on remakes -

Final Fantasy 9 - My favourite game to date, if they remade this but don't fuck with the combat system I would be well happy.

Knights of the old republic (They are doing this anyway so we will see what they do with it

Witcher 1 - Again they are doing this and I am quite stoked for this one.

Jade Empire - This was one of those underrated games that didn't quite do as well as it probably should, a real gem.

Dragon age origins - One of my favourite games to date and I don't think this one would be too difficult to do, members of the original team have said they would be keen but EA just don't get single player games and probably don't see this being profitable.

The Lord of the rings Two towers - Your telling me this would not sell well, running across the top of the fortresses throwing orcs over the side and shoving ladders down and hearing them scream 😄

Dark Cloud & Dark Chronicle

Luseth.png

Cyberpunk 2077 should be remade into the game they promised.

Black Ops with Kowloon.

DayZ should be remade into a game that is as good as the old mod was but without the bugs. Still waiting on fucking bicycles.

Arma 3

One of the best games of all time thanks to all the modded game modes and maps. I'd love a version with AAA graphics and better performance.

Fallout New Vegas...on Unreal 5

I'll probably think of more and come back...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

No more resident evils the very first one which was on the game cube was spot on the recent 2nd and 3rd I didn't feel it the 4th haven't watched or read anything yet but will get it.

One remake I've been waiting for is Dino crisis.

Tomb raider 2 I would like to see as that is my favourite out of all of them.

slamminbones.png

For me the first game that comes to mind…

Chrono Trigger.

One of my favorite games a kid I think it was way ahead of its time back then. Multiple endings. Consequences for actions. Huge list of weapons. Great combat system. Compelling characters. All would make for a great next gen title. Plus it’s old

enough that a lot of people haven’t played it. 

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I feel two ways about Remakes. On one hand I want to see new fresh ideas with new titles that blow us away, but equally there are some games that the world would totally work with updated software and better functionality available these days.

Command And Conquer would be me go to. That sim game would be unreal if you could make it into some form of a MMO too.

@slamminbones - good shout on Tomb Raider, not like the newer games, more so like the original 3.

@Luseth - My worry with any Final Fantasy remake is they will change the battle system as seen in FF7 which left me tainted. Nothing beats the ATB system for me in those worlds.

@J4MES OX4D - I feel Red Dead is still to early to get a remake, because as you say if its sooner rather than later it will only be a port which is pointless for that series. Agree with Splinter Cell though!!

@Jason - I'd love to see Chrono Trigger because i've never had the chance to play it either. From those days i'd actually say a few sport games should be remade, like Super Tennis.

I'd love to also see the Multiplayer portions of the games Mass Effect and The Last of Us to be remade as had an awesome following and deserved follow ups.

One more to add that probably had some foundation but needed a full re-write - Anthem.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@Luseth - My worry with any Final Fantasy remake is they will change the battle system as seen in FF7 which left me tainted. Nothing beats the ATB system for me in those worlds.

Agreed, that's why I said they couldn't fuck with the combat system

😛

Also what the fuck is wrong with you????

3 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

- I'd love to see Chrono Trigger because i've never had the chance to play it either.

Also I have it on the nintendo DS 😄 It's probably the most affordable way if you want to own a copy (I think it's still under £100 just about), can't remember how much I paid for it years back.

Luseth.png