Last night reminded me why I moved away from COD ^_^

Luseth

We had some good games but I was reminded last night why I moved toward battlefield from COD. The crossbow kills, akimbo pistols and shotguns are ridiculous in COD at times. The number of times I got 1 shotted by crossbows at ridiculous distances (and when looking at the killcams whilst the player is jumping and hopping all over the place) is just absurd. Same with shotguns managing to take me out at range against my assault rifles and the such.

I appreciate for a lot of people this is what appeals to them about COD but if it continues down this path again I imagine I will be drifting away from the game before too long ^_^ Such a shame as I felt it had such a strong start (with the exception of new content, more like the COD's of old).

And I won't get into the cheating by those French guys / lasses ^_^

Annoyingly I am not really enjoying the other shooters at the moment as I feel a lot of them have lost their way so I don't feel like I have many options at the moment for that war zone / battlefield esque shooter (especially with Dice screwing up the latest battlefield).

Luseth.png

I loved battlefield of old bf4 is my Goat FPS shooter to this day and that's when I moved away from cod. However I was disappointed by bf2042 until recently with it at £8 thought it was worth a try and though it still has some serious issues that have come into modern fps games and the fact I'm a noob with noob stuff I've actually played it for hours and tried multiple game modes and it's a breath of fresh air for now while cod is as it is. 

I'm sure alot of people would settle for some BF shooting mechanics but with CoDs gamemodes and way they package it better. Difficulty with BF is the objective Ground War mode doesn't appeal to as many people as it does with Multiplayer 6v6. (I still never know why BF restrict squads to just 4, its ludicrous in a day where some people want to play in large parties).

Last night the glitchy French player was annoying, i'd agree with that. Its probably fortunate we've come across just 2 players actively trying to just win via cheating. As the crossbow is new, you will always find it being used over and above the usual amount as with any new weapon coming out. Similar to when the game started, so many would just use M4 but it does move on after some weeks.

We still over 2:1 i'm sure and I think I've worked out that Knockout isn't as good as Prisoner Rescue OR Cyber Attack, so in my rotation it'll get replaced by Bounty more often I hope as we've had some great fun with that mode.

Another factor probably just to think about is that we've played this CoD to death for nearly 4 months now - thats the first time we've all done that in FG for about 6 years. At some point other games need to come in to give you/us that breather that you don't burn out on it. I plan to play more DMZ soon as I know i'm missing out on a mode I've really liked so far.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I'm sure @Macca89 will agree with you, but I think CoD has it's perks over BF. I've never been big into CoD until I played a massive amount of Warzone during the first lockdown. And I do understand that people will always take advantage of the quirky mechanics in the game but I think that's part of the game being competitive. People are always looking for the upper hand. 

Now don't get me wrong I completely understand how it can feel annoying and unfair, but I think you're a good enough player @Lusethto find good way of counteracting those approaches. I know a good way @GazzaGarratt deals with it is by simply playing the objective instead trying to get 100s of kills. And I've also found this helps especially when you look at how good our Win Loss ratio is.

I'm very disappointed at the state of both franchises now and both are way below the level expected and that what gamers deserve. DICE completely ruined 2042 after already fumbling BFV woefully and MW2 is let down by some utterly dismal post-launch support and corruption. With so much experience and money on both sides, it's astonishing to see how badly they've fucked up both games. The fact that less than 15,000 at one point (near release) were playing BF2042 and if MW2's player counts are to be believed (they look credible and come from reliable data methods) then the state of each game is reflected in the low populations. Battlefield looks like it will turn things around under new management but this will only be truly seen on a brand new title. COD isn't in as bad of a place but the franchise is really taking the community for granted and mugs but that will change now they've seen such a huge decline in interest. 

Pity there aren't other developers out there directly competing because the last 18 months has left huge opportunities for something fresh and ambitious to replace these tired old series's. 

No offence to anyone that has one.

But people are taking advantage of those new PS5 pads, I've massively noticed a difference in jump shot kills recently, just gotta adapt and as @GazzaGarrattsays, hang back, take it slow. 

I do love me some Battlefield V, might have a few goes on that again soon to change it up, however I've heard good things again on BF 2042 so might even give that a try. 

However I will say, I have really enjoyed this COD so far, more so because of how team oriented we as a group make it! 

We run into C***s every now and then but that's the way any game is, we learn, adjust and go again! 

BIG UP FG MASSIVE! 🔥💪

I think what your referring to Matt is the classic staple in every Cod. 

It's the "cheese" 

There is always something that can be slightly OP until it's nerfed. 

Crossbow 1 shots jumpshotting across the map, Snipers can do it so I don't see the difference apart from ads and a bit more speed. 

Marksman Rifles with iron sights are a cheat if a player has really good aim and reflexes. 

Shotguns are always up for debate, personally I don't think they are overly strong this year. 

The 725 from MW19 was ridiculous until it was patched. 

Akimbo Pistols are always going to feel cheap. 

Personally I find a dose of their own medicine seems to work. 

People start to cry when you use whatever "insert OP weapon here" they are using and you start destroying them. 

Cheaters are always going to be in every game sadly. 

I totally understand where you are coming from @Luseth

In COD there is no interigity, just killing and dying and sometimes rage inducing moments.