COD 2023

J4MES OX4D

Personally, I'm not bothered about the era or whether the new 'game' is just that or an expansion - I just want a product that is made to the best potential possible from the most lucrative franchise in existence with 3000+ developers at their disposal. Really isn't asking too much especially when they are demanding £60-110 for the privilege once again.

Sadly, this likely wont be the case based on these highly credible early reports - developers being bounced around pillar to post, timescales being completely unreasonable/unrealistic and Activision executives still toying with how to release the product for the best payoff and to hell with the community or credibility. They are only in this position because of their non-existent post-launch support on MW2 which was a perfectly fine game under the hood despite some questionable design choices. COD 2023 should have been an absolute cert that built upon the foundation its predecessor but instead, it's nothing more than a shareholder pocket filler and a second crack and not making the same mistakes after the population has nosedived. 

I can see SHG being thrown under the bus and being made scapegoats once again. They are the weakest developer as it is, so its one hell of a responsibility for them to concoct a full game that lives up to the name out of what was originally a tacked-on expansion. Either way, the community are going to be getting a very inferior product or one that's not been developed in the correct way. Activision really take us for granted but they are really beginning to make a mug out of the community if they think they can pass this shitshow off for full whack. With 3 mainline developers and another 8 side studios on their books, it's just insane how they are in such a messy position. 

Maybe Sledgehammer can salvage something especially on the launch content front but I can see this 'spin-off' really struggling and franchise fatigue will really set in especially if MW3 is expected to be released the following year. If they had a clear forwarding strategy for each game post-launch, they wouldn't be in this mess. 

On 3/4/2023 at 4:45 AM, MrBiron said:

The main problem people have for MW2 is the lack of maps for 6v6. It only had 10 at launch and has only received 4 since then and the game has been out 5 months. We haven't had a single new map since the game launched.

FYI I never complained about the futuristic COD games. I think AW and BO3 were excellent. I'd even say BO3 is my favourite COD ever.

I never said you complained about futuristic, however it is acknowledge that the community has a whole didn't like it. Activision in the material even said they would be returning to boots on the ground for that very reason

As far as maps I don't see eye to eye with people complaining 

We got

Al Bagra Fortress

Breenbergh Hotel

Crown Raceway (Grand Prix renamed)

El Asilo

Embassy

Farm 18

Mercado Las Almas 

Santa Seña Border Crossing

Taraq

Zarqwa Hydroelectric

Guijarro (Ground War)

Santa Seña (Ground War)

Sariff Bay (Ground War)

Sa’id (Ground War)

Taraq (Ground War)

At launch

Shoot House (Launch)

Shipment (Mid-Season)

Season 2 

Dome

Valderas Museum

Zaya Observatory (Battle Map)

Al Malik International (Battle Map)

congress spa

The 32 vs 32 mode is a PvP mode that was added. You can chose to play or not. You can chose to like or not but it is still something they delivered to the paid customer base 

That's 21 maps which I believe is inline with other cods.  And it more that the 14 by you calculations. If you chose no the play the modes that offer the other 7 that's your business. However that's not  a shortcoming of the development. It's a matter that you don't play certain modes

People keep coming back that the 6v6 is not the same. True however you now have a bunch of modes you didn't have when the original MW2 came out so you can take it or leave it

In addition I beleive there are now 6 Co-op maps and perhaps 2 raid maps.  I personnally don't like those modes and did it only for the unlocks. However they do exist and people do play them because I never had a problem getting partners to play. 

My advice to everyone that complains about what you are getting here is go play cod Mobile. There are lots of maps, lots of events. It's mostly the top maps in one place with all of the best guns and everyone's favorite modes. 

I play it on Ipad and controller. I think there might be a PC emulator for it. it's completely free and there are constant updates.

3 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I never said you complained about futuristic, however it is acknowledge that the community has a whole didn't like it. Activision in the material even said they would be returning to boots on the ground for that very reason

As far as maps I don't see eye to eye with people complaining 

We got

Al Bagra Fortress

Breenbergh Hotel

Crown Raceway (Grand Prix renamed)

El Asilo

Embassy

Farm 18

Mercado Las Almas 

Santa Seña Border Crossing

Taraq

Zarqwa Hydroelectric

Guijarro (Ground War)

Santa Seña (Ground War)

Sariff Bay (Ground War)

Sa’id (Ground War)

Taraq (Ground War)

At launch

Shoot House (Launch)

Shipment (Mid-Season)

Season 2 

Dome

Valderas Museum

Zaya Observatory (Battle Map)

Al Malik International (Battle Map)

congress spa

The 32 vs 32 mode is a PvP mode that was added. You can chose to play or not. You can chose to like or not but it is still something they delivered to the paid customer base 

That's 21 maps which I believe is inline with other cods.  And it more that the 14 by you calculations. If you chose no the play the modes that offer the other 7 that's your business. However that's not  a shortcoming of the development. It's a matter that you don't play certain modes

People keep coming back that the 6v6 is not the same. True however you now have a bunch of modes you didn't have when the original MW2 came out so you can take it or leave it

In addition I beleive there are now 6 Co-op maps and perhaps 2 raid maps.  I personnally don't like those modes and did it only for the unlocks. However they do exist and people do play them because I never had a problem getting partners to play. 

My advice to everyone that complains about what you are getting here is go play cod Mobile. There are lots of maps, lots of events. It's mostly the top maps in one place with all of the best guns and everyone's favorite modes. 

I play it on Ipad and controller. I think there might be a PC emulator for it. it's completely free and there are constant updates.

You can look at it anyway you want but 6v6 is the staple for cod and has a huge following if you get that right then by all means branch out into other bullshit. As @MrBironsaid and you agreed we got 10 base maps for 6v6 some of which are truly awful and no new maps since launch which no matter how you spin it is disgraceful but at least it's free so that's something I guess. 

People will and can moan about lack of content for 6v6 as it's always been in the game they won't moan about lack of content if they had never made dmz etc .

1 hour ago, techno said:

You can look at it anyway you want but 6v6 is the staple for cod and has a huge following if you get that right then by all means branch out into other bullshit. As @MrBironsaid and you agreed we got 10 base maps for 6v6 some of which are truly awful and no new maps since launch which no matter how you spin it is disgraceful but at least it's free so that's something I guess. 

People will and can moan about lack of content for 6v6 as it's always been in the game they won't moan about lack of content if they had never made dmz etc .

Yep, all they’ve done is take away content potential and put it into other modes spreading the game thin. You would’ve thought with so many resources, they could make each potion absolutely laden with content and post-launch support. No new 6v6 maps in 5 months so what’s the excuse there and half the non-6v6 MP content is just siphoned off the Warzone map which was made by a developer completely unrelated to the MP aspect anyway. Vanguard had 20 more maps this time last year so there’s no consistency with the content being delivered across the franchise.

IW have been largely anonymous since launch and it’s not like they work on Warzone or DMZ either so there’s no excuse for such a poor showing. It’s caused the majority of players to leave the entire game and Activision to radically change their 2023 approach so clearly it’s had a major impact on what should’ve been a very safe two years of COD. Fortnite already has its 2025 content compiled and these clowns don’t even know what to release in 6 months🤣

16 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

It is a shortcoming though. A lot of people, myself included, only play 6v6. And the fact that they've lost a load of players just shows that they really should be making sure they support the 6v6 community.

fart.gif

6 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

It is a shortcoming though. A lot of people, myself included, only play 6v6. And the fact that they've lost a load of players just shows that they really should be making sure they support the 6v6 community.

Especially as it’s the only paid portion of the game. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Especially as it’s the only paid portion of the game. 

No it isn't.  

You cannot play ground war or the other battle mode without paid. You cannot do co-op without paid. You cannot do raid without paid. 

You cannot play rank without paid and technically those are 4v4

All the maps I mentioned are part of those modes

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

No it isn't.  

You cannot play ground war or the other battle mode without paid. You cannot do co-op without paid. You cannot do raid without paid. 

You cannot play rank without paid and technically those are 4v4

All the maps I mentioned are part of those modes

And as I said, most of those maps are siphoned off the Warzone one by a completely different developer. 4v4 is just 6v6 with different rules that I could've concocted in a private match ruleset from day one and not many core MP players care about raids and other tacked-on crap lifted from other titles which is detracting away from the heart of the game. So what if they've paywalled some extra features - doesn't change the core content and shouldn't be an excuse to spread it thinner especially when most of it isn't even made by Infinity Ward themselves. 

3 hours ago, Tove said:

How do we know the 6v6 maps were lifted from Warzone and not created by IW? Maybe the 6v6 maps were created by IW and placed into Warzone? Quarry, Terminal, Afghan and Highrise from the OG MW2 are all present in Al Mazrah.

Quarry, Terminal, Afghan, Highrise are not (yet) 6v6 maps available in this MW2. There's been detailed interviews with Raven where they talk about how they created the Warzone map and also how Infinity Ward wanted to utilise portions of it to generate 'expansive' content for their part of the product so players can be 'familiar' with all the content on the table. The old rehashed maps that appear in Al Mazrah were just lifted from the OG MW2 so I can't really give much credit to either developer here regardless. 

IW have also talked about some of the maps they created including a couple from real world locations they visited in person (and then replicated without legal permission) and they don't really mention any of the Warzone ones. The maps they supposedly created are of a pretty strong and distinct visual quality too. Pity there aren't more but the ones lifted from Al Mazrah share an asset library and despite being a higher render as standalone, they aren't as polished by design as IW's very own ones.

53 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Quarry, Terminal, Afghan, Highrise are not (yet) 6v6 maps available in this MW2

Surprisingly I already know they are not 6v6 maps in the current game. I was using them as an example that they were not designed by Raven as part of Al Mazrah but infact lifted from earlier games so this could possibly be the case for other areas of Al Mazrah. 

13 hours ago, Tove said:

I'm looking forward to it between MP and DMZ I've played the heck out of MW2 since launch

Same.  Will see. I know shit loads of people that are gold on ranked and play a lot. I know load of people on DMZ (our group is about 1000 people on facebook). I know people on Warzone.  Everyone of which is happy with the game.  I think I have 6 days of time on MP. Couldn't careless if there aren't 20 maps. 

There are 15 modes or so I can plan in lieu of map

There are 2 battlemap modes

There's ranked play

They give me that again and get it to run as well as this one. I have no problem with it. Even of half the people return, it's probably going to be a bigger commercial success that vanguar anyways