PS Plus Collection Ending

Sony has sent out emails to PS Plus users and have informed them that they will be bringing an end to the PS Plus collection May 9th.  If you haven't claimed any of the games, I suggest you do so now, and they'll be a part of your game library as long as you have a PS Plus account.  

Fucking Sony.  I'm honestly surprised they didn't do this when they implemented the PS+ tiers.  

31F145DE-3E74-4A4D-B83C-1F02C6393A21.jpeg

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

9 hours ago, Antpool84 said:

Is it that collection of games that you automatically get when you get a ps5 and have a ps plus subscription?

Yup, I am not really surprised and not sure why there has been such an uproar on the internet.

They were put in place to entice people to next gen while content was still being produced. It has definately fulfilled its purpose by now, anyone choosing to get a ps5 going forwards will not be doing so for these games.

Luseth.png

2 hours ago, Luseth said:

Yup, I am not really surprised and not sure why there has been such an uproar on the internet.

You must lead a sheltered life if you're not sure why there's uproar on the internet. Removing a benefit from gamers is a serious faux pas 😅

Meanwhile this week our government are restricting our rights to strike and rights to protest, rights that people gave their lives for, when we probably need them the most, and no-one blinks an eye 🙈

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

39 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

You must lead a sheltered life if you're not sure why there's uproar on the internet. Removing a benefit from gamers is a serious faux pas 😅

Meanwhile this week our government are restricting our rights to strike and rights to protest, rights that people gave their lives for, when we probably need them the most, and no-one blinks an eye 🙈

I agree with your second point - but I do think @Luseth has a point in terms of at least understanding why its happened. They didn't have to and when you remove anything from someone then you usually always get negative media. I think I looked at it as its 20 games initially offered (and still offered to everyone to stick in your library before May so you keep them), most of which were felt like they were owned by a large majority of PS players already. I remember looking at the initial setup costs for each package and it always looked as an additional extra to entice new people to just get a PS plus subscription which feels a given if you're ever going to own a console these days and never a dealbreaker whether or not I took out the basic package.

I look at it as one of those where it feels like a 'meh, thats abit shitty isn't it', whereas the other point you put up here deserves the news but thats derailing the thread somewhat 😅

Forum Signature Test.png

32 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I agree with your second point - but I do think @Luseth has a point in terms of at least understanding why its happened. They didn't have to and when you remove anything from someone then you usually always get negative media. I think I looked at it as its 20 games initially offered (and still offered to everyone to stick in your library before May so you keep them), most of which were felt like they were owned by a large majority of PS players already. I remember looking at the initial setup costs for each package and it always looked as an additional extra to entice new people to just get a PS plus subscription which feels a given if you're ever going to own a console these days and never a dealbreaker whether or not I took out the basic package.

I look at it as one of those where it feels like a 'meh, thats abit shitty isn't it', whereas the other point you put up here deserves the news but thats derailing the thread somewhat 😅

Indeed😄 I mean I only have PS Plus as many multiplayer player games require it, I would not bother otherwise. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

PS+ Collection was a great entry incentive especially considering how convoluted and poor value PS+ has proved to be and it should remain or there be a base-level updated alternative. There are some brilliant games here especially to fill any voids but I'm guessing Sony don't want to pay up any more and some of these game services are somewhat dead in the water now and wouldn't be a viable showcase to Sony's current online services. Anyone that ain't got it yet, I'd grab them all ASAP because there's still a good amount of value here and offline content. 

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Bloodborne
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Zombie Chronicles Edition)
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy 15
  • God of War
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
  • Until Dawn

Weirdly, I'd take an extra PS Plus Monthly game that's more upto date than most of them on that list. Doubt they will, but we don't know yet if they will do something else in its place come May.

Forum Signature Test.png