Jedi: Survivor delayed

Respawn announced they’ll be seating this one until April.  I’m glad to see them taking the extra time to make this one more polished and not hopefully tire out the people working on it in the process.  

660492FD-26F1-41C0-BFB7-9FCA447FCAC1.jpeg

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Can't blame them - the amount of work EA have allocated them is absolutely nuts. Pity every other EA studio is hot garbage. They are working on this, another couple of upcoming Star Wars titles and still supporting Apex Legends massively and trying to salvage Battlefield 2042. The first one was decent and this one should be equally good! 

PC port is a joke too - 4090 running the game at 1440p low settings and getting 52fps🤣

Shameful and very surprising from Respawn especially when using Unreal 4 which is one of the most well-known and highly optimised engines out there. Developers are clearly spread too thin having to bail out BF2042, whilst working on Apex and other titles. 

So I have put about 20 hours into this now, there are performance dips but I think it bothers me far less than most people it seems. So I will just talk about the game -

It looks brilliant, you can see from some of my screenshots it is really pretty and there is an awful lot of detail. The storyline I think is better than the first game, the main story has me wanting to know more, see more and the characters are pretty good, those from the previous game feel more fleshed out and the new characters are decent too. 

The gameplay feels quite smooth, there have been a few new mechanics added in that I have just unlocked which make the combat a little more fun, the enemies are a bit more varied and some of the lightsaber duels look glorious and just feel right.

The worlds, there seems to be some backtracking at the moment, I am hoping there are a couple more that I am yet to discover. That said the one's available to me are a good mix, you sort of have a main one that's all lush and green which feels a bit open world and then you have some others that feel like the first game where they are a little more linear. Each world is broken up into sections and as you move through a section you have some clever little shortcut that opens up between each section so you can move through them quickly.

The music and audio, well it's Star wars, it is the one aspect that in every game, tv show or film comes out just right almost everytime and it is the same with this game.

Luseth.png

My son has enjoyed the start of it so far and says its better than the first one. I'll ask him later what bits he's found really enjoyable. I'm not into Star Wars so i'm not going to be playing it anytime soon but it does look good when i've stopped to watch some parts of his playthrough.

Forum Signature Test.png