The Mandalorian

TigerBurge

Has anyone watched this yet? What are your thoughts?

Personally I thought it was really well done. The last part was a WTF moment.  Well done Disney on the first episode. Can’t wait to see more 

Has anyone watched this yet? What are your thoughts?

Personally I thought it was really well done. The last part was a WTF moment.  Well done Disney on the first episode. Can’t wait to see more 
I'm excited to watch it as I've heard good things about it

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Yup, I’ve been looking forward to this since they announced it and the first 2 eps have been brilliant.  I’ve enjoyed the previous animated SW series but being live action they have really captured the SW feeling.

The end of the first ep was a surprise, that isn’t what I was expecting give  the setting.  Ep2 was good too, showed off a decent amount of action and who can complain about Jawa’s.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Awesome series. Loved all 3 episodes so far. Scene setting, themes through each episode are spot on, great serious/comedy balance throughout. Painful that we have to wait for a new episode each week AND that they are pretty much only 30 minutes long. We're probably spoiled by all the series that are an hour long and you can binge in one sitting!

Really interested in where it is going and what they'll do with Baby Yoda. I'm not a big Star Wars fan so i'm very surprised and happy that its well worth the watch - don't miss it just cos you don't like or are not that bothered about Star Wars.

Do I need to understand any background story about The Mandolorian race, etc that would make it a better watch? Star Wars nerds? @TigerBurge

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it.  The episodes do get longer with the last couple, if memory serves, being 50 minutes long.

You don’t really need to know the history of the Mandalorians.  It’s enough to know they’re dispersed and in hiding which the show explains enough of.

A brief history though if you want it;

The Mandalorians are a warrior race of people.  They were all split in to their individual clans but following a civil war   they united under a single leader.  It was followed by more unrest and ended with another civil war.  This civil war ended with them being subject to Imperial rule.  A few clans banded together and they fought against the Imperial rule along with the rest of the galaxy.  The Imperial forces were ultimately defeated as the main films.  Following the fall of the Empire, a lot of Mandalorians were killed and their Beskar armour taken.  This caused a lot of them to go in to hiding which is where the show picks up.

There’s some stuff I’ve missed out as it comes up in the series but it would be worth reading more on it after you’ve finished the series.

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Awesome series. Loved all 3 episodes so far. Scene setting, themes through each episode are spot on, great serious/comedy balance throughout. Painful that we have to wait for a new episode each week AND that they are pretty much only 30 minutes long. We're probably spoiled by all the series that are an hour long and you can binge in one sitting!

Really interested in where it is going and what they'll do with Baby Yoda. I'm not a big Star Wars fan so i'm very surprised and happy that its well worth the watch - don't miss it just cos you don't like or are not that bothered about Star Wars.

Do I need to understand any background story about The Mandolorian race, etc that would make it a better watch? Star Wars nerds? @TigerBurge

I don’t know a lot about the race. You will learn some as the show progresses 

On 4/3/2020 at 6:24 PM, TigerBurge said:

I don’t know a lot about the race. You will learn some as the show progresses 

Hope so mate, its the first Star Wars TV series/film that i've really got hooked on. Watched Episode 4 last night and I think its done a wonderful job of making you feel like you're watching a mini film within a bigger story. Loving how Baby Yoda is getting older as it progresses.

23 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Absolutely loving this series, season 2 has clearly had some more money pushed its way and it's all good! 

Are they still 30 min episodes? Kinda waiting to gorge them if they do.

On 11/7/2020 at 12:44 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Are they still 30 min episodes? Kinda waiting to gorge them if they do.

If you ever like Firefly its basically that mixed with Star Wars. Classic episodic feel like Star Trek but done with todays standards and a Disney budget = something very good

cba

10 hours ago, LordBaguette said:

If you ever like Firefly its basically that mixed with Star Wars. Classic episodic feel like Star Trek but done with todays standards and a Disney budget = something very good

Oh man, yeah i do see that in them. Firefly is possibly my all time favourite series so when i had to wait for each episode in season 1 and then only for them to be 30 minutes long kicked me in the balls. Each episode in Firefly is a bloody movie!

I'll watch a few over the next few days if i can and maybe put up my thoughts on Season 2, within a spoiler of course 😉

I missed the first episodes of this but caught up over the weekend.  I have to say they have maintained the quality of the first season and it continues to be great.

I do wonder how people who haven’t watched other SW extended universe find the show as they’re doing a good job tying it in to other SW shows.  Though I also do wonder if some of it is just fan service though like the introduction of Bo-Katan in ep3 and her saying for Mando to seek out Ahsoka Tano.

I’m just holding out for a live action Sabine Wren too as she would fit nicey in this show.  Plus her Beskar armour would be quite the contrast to Mando’s 😆

On 11/16/2020 at 4:34 PM, phil bottle said:

I picked up Disney at the weekend and I've watched the first 4 episodes so far. I can see why its popular, particularly compared to recent films.

Its probably one of the best mini series made over recent years on a subscription service. I even had my daughter Yara mesmerised by it the other day when i was watching an episode and we've never watched Star Wars.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Its probably one of the best mini series made over recent years on a subscription service. I even had my daughter Yara mesmerised by it the other day when i was watching an episode and we've never watched Star Wars.

I watched Chapter 8 today, last episode of the first season. I did have a chuckle when the stormtroopers were talking about the leader executing officers as an example to the rest of the men. The deadpan way they discussed it is an example of what's good about this series. The humour was a big part of the first films too and they haven't got that right in the more modern films. It also reminded me of why Picard was ultimately a fail despite some good elements. Too po-faced and serious.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've been a big star wars fan since the beginning, and I'm enjoying this series but to be honest it's getting overly redundant and I'm frustrated that they haven't progressed the main story line at all.  Every episode is the same thing - goes to a new place, someone needs some help so they go fight some big boss battle, they win and then fly to another planet.  Oh, and this "mandalorian" who everyone is scared of because they're such amazing warriors gets bailed out seemingly every episode by someone else.  He almost dies, someone else comes in to save him.  Every single episode is like this.

I just want there to be more of a point to what I'm watching.  He's been "delivering" baby yoda almost the entire series and he's no closer to that goal than he was in the 2nd episode and we don't really know anything more beyond that.

I think I might be one episode behind as I haven't checked this weekend, but that's how its been for me so far

On 11/29/2020 at 11:40 PM, McNasty said:

Every episode is the same thing - goes to a new place, someone needs some help so they go fight some big boss battle, they win and then fly to another planet.  Oh, and this "mandalorian" who everyone is scared of because they're such amazing warriors gets bailed out seemingly every episode by someone else.  He almost dies, someone else comes in to save him.  

A lot of TV series have been using this exact formula for decades and I've always hated it. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg