Jump to content
GazzaGarratt

Destiny 2 Road Map Updates

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Updated Roadmap up to September.

D2_Development_Roadmap_4_10_3.jpg

I'll come back and write up some stuff later.

Some good confirmations mentioned on this though. Finally.

Via the FG App
 

So based on the new roadmap I think overall we have some really good amd wanted changes.

 

It's a shame we have to wait for some more defining changes 1 year after release though.

 

That being said, May looks on track to be quite a full change and reasons to play PvP alongside the new DLC.

 

Not sure when Summer update will drop (June hopefully) however Bounties are what a few people asked for (@techno @Baabcat) and we desperately need a better new free event than the Dawning. Equally Faction Rallies need a better purpose to work towards a goal that is worthwhile.

 

September will now be the new 'Big' key date but I think the May one will be an indicator if its worth playing this year again.

 

I wish Records could be brought forward though. So many reasons to grind then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think quite a few are looking forward to the may update to see if it's worth returning regularly, however there is going to be added competition around September and the end of the year which could kill it once and for all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, techno said:

I think quite a few are looking forward to the may update to see if it's worth returning regularly, however there is going to be added competition around September and the end of the year which could kill it once and for all.

 

Very true about competition with it being September however I'm not quite sure what is actually in it's sector to compete with it other than Anthem. That's why I think it's kept its base players on the sidelines interested in its progress.

 

One really good move with May as well is that all PvP maps with Warmind is available to all players and not locked behind a paywall.

 

That means no separate playlists, bigger pools for matchmaking and not confirmed but one step closer to specific gamemode playlists e.g. control only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I really don't care much for pvp as it's more hit and miss than COD. 

Seems way unbalanced to me.

I don't even do crucible milestones anymore. 

PvP is built to fill the void between gaps of new content for PvE. I've always enjoyed PvP on Destiny, you have to appreciate that its made for supers and I don't believe hit register is off as much as some old CoDs you guys talk about.

 

The idea of a rank has made Overwatch fundamentally a game that has lasted 3 years. Without that competitive rank system it would've died ages ago so it is a good move for the long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For supers? Takes ages to fill up the meter. If I understand you correctly about supers though. 

When I use the same gun as the guys that kill me but they kill me twice as fast, at least, almost every game then something is wrong. 

So sometimes way worse than old cods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always said PvP in destiny was kind of broken but once you realise it and just play it for fun take the hits with the misses then it (control) was pretty enjoyable.

Now wether 4v4 or lack of gamemodes or how weapons categories or any number of other things D2 PvP sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

For supers? Takes ages to fill up the meter. If I understand you correctly about supers though. 

When I use the same gun as the guys that kill me but they kill me twice as fast, at least, almost every game then something is wrong. 

So sometimes way worse than old cods. 

All depends on how you're using the gun for body/head shots. You're hitting them though, right? ;)

 

Personally I think that's just related to what guns you're suited too. Hand Cannons have had a significant buff but I know I'll struggle with them massively as I like to spray and play.

 

12 hours ago, techno said:

Always said PvP in destiny was kind of broken but once you realise it and just play it for fun take the hits with the misses then it (control) was pretty enjoyable.

Now wether 4v4 or lack of gamemodes or how weapons categories or any number of other things D2 PvP sucks

 

That's why I'd like to try Iron Banner next week 6v6. Being honest, I think it will be better than it has been however until the Weapon Slot changes come in September people may feel its restricted because the lack of variety in the Heavy slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy