Star Wars Episode Vll

TigerBurge

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been a Star Wars fan. I've enjoyed the films I've seen, but not a hardcore fan like some folks are. That said, I was never a Trekkie either and JJ Abrams changed my opinion entirely with the last two. Now he's doing this, I think I'm gonna love it.

Fun fact: My first ever "proper" date was when I took a chick to see Episode 1 in Holland. I delivered pizzas after work and she was the phone girl. First proper snog too :P

banlol.png

Too funny I was just coming here to post the trailer too lol

Since I grew up with Star Wars I have always been a huge fan, really did not care for the prequels they have done up to this point. This new trailer looks friggin awesome though, gonna go see this one soon as it's out!

Too funny I was just coming here to post the trailer too lol

Since I grew up with Star Wars I have always been a huge fan, really did not care for the prequels they have done up to this point. This new trailer looks friggin awesome though, gonna go see this one soon as it's out!

I'm the same way. Grew up watching it. The first movie I remember watching was Empire. My dad got me out of school early to go see it. Hated the new ones however the Jango story line was good. With there was a spinoff somehow with that.

i'ts in my blood, and Star Wars was the first and still to this day best movie I had ever been to... hell, it's in my gamertag...:) I am also looking forward to the new Battlefront game... it is supposed to be 3rd and first person... can't wait to play it...

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

I love this franchise, so pleased that JJ Abrahms got his hands on this after what he did with Star Trek, can't wait for this movie to come out. My boys are totally stoked as well. Stroll on December, plus with the game coming out in November my winter hibernation will be complete!  :D

DICE also detailed a few key features:

You can switch views.
Battlefront can be played as either a first- or third-person game. Players will be able to switch the camera at will during play.

You can play as Luke, Vader, and other heroes and villains.
Power-ups hidden around each map can grant really cool abilities – including the ability to play as a famous Star Wars hero or villain. DICE didn’t elaborate, but said that these effectively transform matches into “player-driven boss fights.”

View gallery

636a2760-e516-11e4-a37c-37aa663a76fa_Sta

(Credit: EA/DICE)

You can play solo.
I don’t mean Han (though I’m sure he’s a power-up). I mean that while Battlefront is primarily a multi-player game, it will include an offline ‘Mission’ mode featuring challenges culled from the films.

You can partner up
A new buddy system lets you partner with a friend and share unlockable goodies. Plus you can spawn on each other when you invariably get sniped by a jerky Stormtrooper hiding in a tree.

You can fly ships.
Though we didn’t really see this in action, DICE confirmed that you’ll be able to pilot ships like X-Wings and Tie-Fighters. No word on whether or not this includes outer-space maps or just terrestrial ones.

View gallery

5fa7ef40-e516-11e4-b144-830583857860_Sta

It will let you visit a new planet before the film.
A few weeks after the game launches, EA will release “The Battle of Jakku,” a totally free piece of downloadable content set on Jakku, the desert planet referenced in the new Force Awakens trailer. The content is due out Dec. 8 (or a week earlier if you pre-order, because this is a video game in 2015), meaning gamers get to romp around Jakku a good 10 days before filmgoers.

Battlefront is the first game in a 10-year-deal between EA and Lucasfilm, who gave the developers full access to the Star Wars vaults. Rather than build iconic Star Wars machines and weapons from scratch, they used a process called ‘photogrammetry’ to exhaustively digitize the original models used by Lucas.

“When you use a lightsaber in the game, it means you’re using THE lightsaber,” said Niklas Fegraeus, the game’s Design Director. “It’s the actual lightsaber used in the film.”

DICE also traveled to various Star Wars film locations around the world to help realize the environments, and was given the run of the famed Skywalker Sound to dial in the audio.

View gallery

64cd87f0-e516-11e4-897c-e74b3b83f71e_Sta

It’s a looker, that’s for sure, though it’s a little odd that they chose Endor to show off the game’s feature set. Like the Battlefield series on which it’s based, Battlefront’s traditionally been about big conflicts in wide-open areas, like Hoth. Endor’s gorgeous foliage and thick underbrush are a sight to see, but it feels decidedly less epic than what most folks are expecting out of a Battlefront game. We’ve still got a ways to go before it pulls into orbit, though, so I’m guessing we won’t have to wait long before Battlefront shows its size.

And frankly, that’s going to be a tough wait, because so far, Battlefront looks impressive. Most impressive.

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

I grew up during Empire and Jedi. I remember the craze as a kid, I really didn't understand it until I got a little older and Empire got me in its grips.

I love Fringe so I know JJ and camp will do an excellent job even if I'm worried about him using the same old tricks and lens flairs again. Anything will be better than I-III.  :(

A few things on the newest teaser: am I the only one who thinks Han should be long dead by now? :lol: What's he been hiding? And Wookiees don't age? Or is it The Curious Case of Chewbacca Button over here because he looks better than in other movies!?

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

IDK, I hope it will be good, but Abrams various comments about the series and his own level of knowledge and experience worry me.

The dude has a horrible track record for making steaming piles of shit.

Lost (TV Series)

Mission Impossible 3

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol

Armageddon

The last few Star Trek movies

Revolution (TV Show)

Alcatraz (TV Show)

Cloverfield

Felicitiy (TV Show)

Actually looking over his IMDB page for writing, Only two things stand out as decent to me. Super 8, and one episode of Avatar

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

For the Record, I really do hope I am wrong here.

I am a huge SW fanatic. I have more boxes of SW shit than my wife feels comfortable having in the house.

I just don't trust JJ Abrams, he is on par with M Night Shamalamadingdong

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

For the Record, I really do hope I am wrong here.

I am a huge SW fanatic. I have more boxes of SW shit than my wife feels comfortable having in the house.

I just don't trust JJ Abrams, he is on par with M Night Shamalamadingdong

Was it George who tapped him or Disney?

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.