This game just dropped late last week and it's a beauty!  It's has a similar isometric view point as Deaths Door (PLAY IT) and plays like a classic Zelda game.  I highly recommend this to everyone that has xbox game pass and it's currently available on xbox platforms as a timed exclusive and steam.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

So far, so good. 

I will say this though.  Don't let the initial bit turn you off of the game.  Once you collect the sword, combat becomes much easier.  Same with the Shield which is that far ahead.  I will say that the dodge roll seems slow and the timing between the button press and execution seems off.  You do have a stamina meter, but there is an option to turn it off.  It's really up to you as to how you'd like to play it.  I turned it off so it would have the Zelda-like feel to it.  There's a bit of the souls-like systems in place such as checkpoints, where when you use one, the enemies you've defeated respawn.  You also have some limited healing potions to use that can be upgraded to carry more as you find shrine offerings, and when you die, you lose a bit of the coin you collected that can be picked up at the spot of your death.

I feel Deaths Door had better gameplay so far, but I am still relatively early in this game, so I'll update as I go.

The colours and audio is definitely appealing, loved that trailer @Riff Machine

13 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I will say this though.  Don't let the initial bit turn you off of the game.  Once you collect the sword, combat becomes much easier. 

How long into it do you get the sword mate?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Not too long.  Within the first 10-20 minutes give or take.  You do get a weapon, which is just a stick, near the start but it sucks obviously.  lol

I've read that some people are review bombing this game on metacritic, comparing it too much to Zelda.  Come on, people.  What friggin game hasn't taken cues from a Zelda game in the last 30 years?  This game is fan-fucking-tastic.  These are the type of people that probably would've shit on Saint's Row when it first released saying "It's too much like GTA3!!"  

Seriously though, Give it a go.  It's great.

This wonderful game is now available on PS4/PS5 and Switch as of today.  If you haven't had the chance to try it, I highly recommend it.  

10 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

This wonderful game is now available on PS4/PS5 and Switch as of today.  If you haven't had the chance to try it, I highly recommend it.  

I like the look still - just might wait a little longer for it to go down from £25.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb