Star Citizen - 3.16

phil bottle

I had a butchers hook and was very surprised to find Star Citizen in the best state I've ever felt it. Not just my monitor telling me I was getting 61 fps but the actual fluid responsive movement of my player character feeling amazing. 

I wasn't expecting much but I can safely say we should all have a meet up at some point soon. Maybe when Lee's new PC materialises 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 2/7/2022 at 6:34 PM, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Good to hear.  @GazzaGarratt is building a new PC????  🙂 How'd I miss that?  

Maaaaybe 😄 Tbh, I need to probably upgrade the whole tower but not really shared it on here as I didn't want to come across as a snob to be honest! Although, at least the wife agrees that as i'm on mine 24/7, that I'm due an upgrade and it will be money well spent. Never thought i'd hear that from her! 🤣

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 2/9/2022 at 3:05 PM, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Nice, man!  What sort of build are you thinking about?

A big and better one 😄

Seriously though, just something that will have Generation 3 graphics card, all of the RAM and a top cooling system so essentially all my troubles that I have now with frames can kindly sod off. When I have something I'll stick it up. I want something that can handle this game though straight off the bat and not have frame issues.

Sounds good.  You should pick one up for me too while you're at it.  🙂  lol  

I'd love to build a new PC but the prices have gotten plain silly.  I couldn't justify it now while my PC is still doing what I need it to.  (League of Legends, DayZ, Outer Worlds, Minecraft, etc.).  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

On 2/11/2022 at 2:24 PM, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Sounds good.  You should pick one up for me too while you're at it.  🙂  lol  

I'd love to build a new PC but the prices have gotten plain silly.  I couldn't justify it now while my PC is still doing what I need it to.  (League of Legends, DayZ, Outer Worlds, Minecraft, etc.).  

If i could I would mate 😄 Tbh, I'm paying the price of having a small tower, small Mobo, not registering all my RAM, overheating, etc. I wish my wife wouldn't have been so fussy about what my gaming station looked like 6 years ago! Now i can have what I want ffs 😅

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

If i could I would mate 😄 Tbh, I'm paying the price of having a small tower, small Mobo, not registering all my RAM, overheating, etc. I wish my wife wouldn't have been so fussy about what my gaming station looked like 6 years ago! Now i can have what I want ffs 😅

I didn't realize you were having all of those issues!  That sucks, man.  I hope you can get something sorted out before long.  Those prices are brutal right now though.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

So this is my first time playing  this game and my first release. I must say I like some things and others need a lot of work still. The visuals are great, I enjoy the transport in the city I was in, it was smooth and fun to experience. The flight mechanics at the moment are trash for me, I'm using an X56 hotas and it took me 2 hours just t figure out how to leave the bay. The thruster does not operate like it should so the flying quality is sub-par for me compared to Elite. This will probably sort itself out as I spend more time trying to figure it out but it's still annoying. I did one mission which had me land on a planet with high winds. Since I'm not sure if there is an auto land or anything, I'm doing it manually which would be fine but with controls that make zero sense atm it was probably harder than it needed to be. As in, I'm inputting control and the ship is not always performing as expected. Sometimes the control does what I want so that part makes no sense. Either way, I love this type of game so I'm still excited. 

19 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

So this is my first time playing  this game and my first release. I must say I like some things and others need a lot of work still. The visuals are great, I enjoy the transport in the city I was in, it was smooth and fun to experience. The flight mechanics at the moment are trash for me, I'm using an X56 hotas and it took me 2 hours just t figure out how to leave the bay. The thruster does not operate like it should so the flying quality is sub-par for me compared to Elite. This will probably sort itself out as I spend more time trying to figure it out but it's still annoying. I did one mission which had me land on a planet with high winds. Since I'm not sure if there is an auto land or anything, I'm doing it manually which would be fine but with controls that make zero sense atm it was probably harder than it needed to be. As in, I'm inputting control and the ship is not always performing as expected. Sometimes the control does what I want so that part makes no sense. Either way, I love this type of game so I'm still excited. 

There is auto land at proper landing zones but not ship activated.

Also watch for the Cutlass as it has a hover mode. Press K I think to switch between the two.

I'm sure there's reams of player info on Hotas use and the best way to use it, as your one is very popular in Star Citizen.

I'm very happy you picked it up, there's a lot to learn and a lot of places to explore. 

Also note, you get given different missions and jobs depending in your location.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I think the flying has always had some picky bits that can really make you hate the game at certain moments. I somehow got stuck in a horrible spinning loop under attack and there just wasn't an easy way to get out of it so it just ended up blowing up eventually. Outside of that, I think the map updates that Phil mentioned to me previously can't come quick enough as it can get tough going finding a way around it. It gets away with it because the game is so god damn beautiful that I look forward to turning it on just to see whats around me in the space i've spawned.