BF2042 Upgrade **Warning**

J4MES OX4D

This upgrade topic came up in the FIFA 22 thread regarding PS4 to PS5 upgrades. If you intend to upgrade this game to the next gen, you will need the $100/£90 Gold Edition. There is no free upgrade and you cannot do this on the standard edition. You cannot pay the difference either. This is EA's new tactic and I expect other AAA publishers to follow suit so I don't want to see anyone getting burned by buying the base game and then not being able to upgrade and having to buy the next gen version from scratch. 

battlefield-2042-will-give-you-a-ps4-to-
WWW.PSU.COM

Unlike most games, Battlefield 2042 won't offer a free PS4 to PS5 upgrade, with you instead having to pay for the Gold Edition of the game.

We had a good little cup run with free upgrades lately but now with console changeovers anticipated in the coming months, companies like EA will look to milk where possible forcing people to buy premium versions at the potential of upgrading or them getting paid off twice. 

23 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

This upgrade topic came up in the FIFA 22 thread regarding PS4 to PS5 upgrades. If you intend to upgrade this game to the next gen, you will need the $100/£90 Gold Edition. There is no free upgrade and you cannot do this on the standard edition. You cannot pay the difference either. This is EA's new tactic and I expect other AAA publishers to follow suit so I don't want to see anyone getting burned by buying the base game and then not being able to upgrade and having to buy the next gen version from scratch. 

battlefield-2042-will-give-you-a-ps4-to-
WWW.PSU.COM

Unlike most games, Battlefield 2042 won't offer a free PS4 to PS5 upgrade, with you instead having to pay for the Gold Edition of the game.

We had a good little cup run with free upgrades lately but now with console changeovers anticipated in the coming months, companies like EA will look to milk where possible forcing people to buy premium versions at the potential of upgrading or them getting paid off twice. 

But can is it cross gen? I'm sure tehy confirmed it was somewhere recently. Thats what matters most.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

9 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

But can is it cross gen? I'm sure tehy confirmed it was somewhere recently. Thats what matters most.

No crossplay across generations - PS4 and XB1 can play together but those will be watered-down versions of the game with 64 players max. PC, PS5 and XBSX can all play together with the full 128 player experience. Current gen players cannot downgrade to play with old gen users and of course, old gen players cannot play with the latest consoles due to significant technical limitations. 

43 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

No crossplay across generations - PS4 and XB1 can play together but those will be watered-down versions of the game with 64 players max. PC, PS5 and XBSX can all play together with the full 128 player experience. Current gen players cannot downgrade to play with old gen users and of course, old gen players cannot play with the latest consoles due to significant technical limitations. 

FFS. Can't even buy the Gold Edition as a physical edition which is bullshit. Fucking EA are really trying to wind me up of late.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb