New software / apps to play with?

Luseth

So first day back at work and I have next to nothing to do, I am playing around with my 3d modelling software, building a few more templates and the such but I am likely to have a lot of free time for the foreseeable whilst the higher ups try to win new work. The senior designer has asked about dropping down to 2 days, that will be an indicator then as to what they anticipate the next few months will bring.

This thread isn't to discuss my workload though in that regard.

What I am after are for some suggestions on some free software / apps that I can spend some time learning and playing with during my free time.

I am not the sort to rest on my laurels and whilst I will be reading materials based around my job and the such it would also be good to learn or develop a new skill or 2. (I am likely going to have a look at Macca's thread after this one to see the suggestions around video editing).

My ipad's in the process of upgrading but things I can play with on there would likely be my preferred but I can use my work desktop as well for anything more demanding.

So yeah, does anyone have any suggestions?

Luseth.png

I always wondered what could be done with some additional video editing time to my hands, not sure if you feel the same? So many clips we take and we could make so many awesome montages, but in the past its only ever been @Greboth and @tronic44 having the capability and time to do them based on their knowledge.

I also think there could be some time invested in some graphic apps too. Especially the ones that make Vectors and other ones that make svgs. Inkscape is the one I'd want to get more of an understanding on as its 1, free, but 2, you can create some great things within it for lots of things out there.

Last thought would be is there anything that your hobbies connect to at all that you can see something you want to creatively do in it? Might help narrow down some other apps perhaps.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I'm sure we've had the conversation about what 3D you use for work but I can't remember.  But on the 3D front, obviously Blender is free and there's plenty of guides and videos on YouTube that could help you learn it.  Also is Fusion 360 still free for personal use?

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png