Your favourite gaming gadgets?

Luseth

I thought I would ask you guy's what gadgets you have that you have bought that have been worth the money or better than you thought?

I.e. on my old TV, it was  a Philips tv and on the back it had the philips hue lights built in which really made it just that much better when gaming. I have contemplated buying the hue sync box and lights but they are a bit too steep pricewise.

Did that £10 controller stand prove to be a surprisingly great buy?

Are there headphones you swear by, have any of you splashed out on fancy controllers etc etc

Luseth.png

My best purchase has been the 8bitdo Pro 2 controller. Its just really nice to play with the bluetooth is fantastic. Ever since buying it it has been my goto Controller.

WWW.8BITDO.COM

8BitDo Pro 2. More Pro. Play like a Pro with 8BitDo's most adv

Some 8BitDo controllers like the N30, M30.

Raphnet Adapter N64 to USB which allows the use of an official N64 controller and it's the only adapter that can support Rumble/Memory packs.

Venom Arcade Stick which I upgraded to SANWA buttons and stick. Had for years and  I use this mostly for MAME and fighting games.

As you see, the ones I would say have been my best purchases all relate to playing retro or MAME games on PC.  One day I'd love to buy a cabinet or a bar top cabinet.

Oh and back in 2013 I had this shipped from America as you couldn't buy it over here.  it's pretty much a golf stick designed for the Move controllers on PS3.  Used this to play Tiger Woods games, really nice product.  I still have it but don't have room to use it here.

61i1BsMmXLL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.2805de0eeb54cf7de907c57ae623e18c.jpg

Man, there have been so many.  I really liked the Dreamcast VMU memory cards.  At the time, I thought those were amazing little additions that doubled in some cases as a portable game.  Damn near every namco controller they made for a ridge racer or rage racer game.  the R4 controller Jogcon was really weird to use.  I agree with @J4MES OX4D on Game Boy accessories.  Those were a necessity in a lot of cases.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

That Game Boy light was a MUST when I was growing up!

Great thread @Luseth , I'll have to give it some thought as there has been plenty of gadgets that i've used over the years and should still have but will need to have a good think which ones are good for sharing here😅

Forum Signature Test.png

I realise that I never actually posted any of my own favourites from the years so here are a couple -

Number 1 -

The mega drive arcade stick, the first time I played a games console with an arcade stick and I picked another one up recently as I have no idea what happened to my original.

It was great fun to play with and also led to many gaming sessions with my dad when I was little (I bet he won't remember though!)

Sega Mega Drive Arcade Power Stick

Number 2 - Xploder cheat cartridge for gameboy

Being a big pokemon fan in my younger years, if you did not have friends or family that played pokemon then owning one or the other game there was no way to catch them all with GameFreak splitting them over 2 games. The cheat cartridge then really came into it's own, you could put this in with the game and load in any pokemon you wanted (including the legendaries). This meant that you could finally catch them all albeit with a bit of help on the side.

Buy Game Boy Blaze Xploder Lite Cheat Cartridge Game Boy Australia

Luseth.png