God of War: Ragnarok

Riff Machine

Let the journey begin!!!!

I started this last night and oh man, is it gonna be a hell of a ride.  If you've grabbed it as well, post your thoughts down below.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I'm enjoying it so far.  Honestly, It's more of the same but the best part?  NO FUCKING MICROTRANSACTIONS!!!!!  It's so damn nice to see a triple A titled release that's just a game. 

It looks stunning on the PS5.  Utterly blown away graphically, and the combat is tight.  I may try to change up the control scheme is I can.  I hate having to use the triggers for melee combat, but I endured with GoW 2018, I'm sure I'll manage with this one.  I'm glad they've kept in the banter while rowing on a boat.  I enjoy some of the small stories told between the group ranging from norse mythology, to Kratos' past.  

I finished this last night and got the platinum trophy this morning.  As with the first one, it was one hell of a ride.  Yes, some parts I felt could have been fleshed out more, but all in all,  fantastic game.

My son completed it really quickly as he absolutely LOVES Kratos and the God of War games. I don't understand how you can cope with all the melee combat but it definitely gives some exciting feedback to the user. He said he actually got emotional at the story which was nice to hear from him and he's been going back through the game as and when for all the things you can pick up and collect. Some real hard bosses for a 13 year old but I've watched him try and try again and its a great game to just watch too.

@Riff Machine , if someone was new to God of War, would you make sure they played the first one on PS4 or just dive straight into this one?

Forum Signature Test.png

11 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@Riff Machine , if someone was new to God of War, would you make sure they played the first one on PS4 or just dive straight into this one?

For story context, Playing the first one helps.  But, they do have a god of war recap as a selection in the menus before you start a game.  It's really up to the individual.