Share your FG Mastery Camo Challenge Escapades!

GazzaGarratt

It's going quite well for me and I'm getting through them quite well as I'm now up to 35 platinums so closing on Polyatomic.

That's

12 assault rifles (all except the new FR advancer as I've not unlocked it in the battle pass yet)

6 Sniper rifles (again, all except the new Carrack 300 as I've not unlocked it in the battle pass yet)

5 Shotguns (MX guardian I'm working on gold currently so should be done soon)

3 SMG's - VEL46, MX9 and Vaznev.   I've got gold on the rest so shouldn't be too bad getting long shots

3 Marksman rifles - EBR14, SPR and LM-S.  The rest are gold and halfway through the Lockwood Mk2.

7 Pistols - that's all of them.

For those counting along, that's 36.  I did the GS Magna at lunch today but it hasn't counted for some reason.  It does seem camo's have been bugged since the update as I noticed a few times guns I know I have platinumed don't show it unlocked in the challenges.  I think the Lachman sub or the Lockwood Mk2 are the next guns I'll do so I'll have to keep an eye on if they register.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

50 minutes ago, Greboth said:

It's going quite well for me and I'm getting through them quite well as I'm now up to 35 platinums so closing on Polyatomic.

That's

12 assault rifles (all except the new FR advancer as I've not unlocked it in the battle pass yet)

6 Sniper rifles (again, all except the new Carrack 300 as I've not unlocked it in the battle pass yet)

5 Shotguns (MX guardian I'm working on gold currently so should be done soon)

3 SMG's - VEL46, MX9 and Vaznev.   I've got gold on the rest so shouldn't be too bad getting long shots

3 Marksman rifles - EBR14, SPR and LM-S.  The rest are gold and halfway through the Lockwood Mk2.

7 Pistols - that's all of them.

For those counting along, that's 36.  I did the GS Magna at lunch today but it hasn't counted for some reason.  It does seem camo's have been bugged since the update as I noticed a few times guns I know I have platinumed don't show it unlocked in the challenges.  I think the Lachman sub or the Lockwood Mk2 are the next guns I'll do so I'll have to keep an eye on if they register.

I'm chipping away at the SMG's currently and dabbling with the shotguns. But most of everything for me is done; except pistols of course or melee's.

Nice job on the progress keep it up!!! Let's knock out these camos

I need to unlock the M13c as AR's are pretty easy to platinum so should be a relatively easy one to do.

Up to 42 platinums now, so only 9 to go - single digits baby! Basically just continued working through the SMG's and Marksman rifles.  Marksman, I think, I've only got the Tempus Torrent to finish but I've got most done already.  SMG's I'm working on the PDSW and about halfway done with, I think, only the BAS-P and Fennec left to do but I imagine they're going to be horrendous for thinking I need to play some hardcore for them.

That puts me at 46 total, add the M13c, FR Advancer and Carrack is 49.  So need to find a couple more......hmmmmm.  Battle rifles suck but maybe hardcore? Launchers maybe?  But I think I'm track to have plats finished by MW3.

That depends what exact question you’re asking.

Are longshots easier in hardcore? most definitely.

Are platinum challenges easier in hardcore? not always.

The amount of camping that goes on in hardcore means less kills and so less long shots.  That’s fine for some guns, like the M4, as they’re just so difficult to get longshots in core ao it’s better to do slowly in HC than not at all.  Other guns though, like the ISO hemlock or fss hurricane spring to mind, are piss easy in core and I think probably makes them quicker to do in core.

2 hours ago, Greboth said:

That depends what exact question you’re asking.

Are longshots easier in hardcore? most definitely.

Are platinum challenges easier in hardcore? not always.

The amount of camping that goes on in hardcore means less kills and so less long shots.  That’s fine for some guns, like the M4, as they’re just so difficult to get longshots in core ao it’s better to do slowly in HC than not at all.  Other guns though, like the ISO hemlock or fss hurricane spring to mind, are piss easy in core and I think probably makes them quicker to do in core.

Thanks Greboth,  I'll mix it up as I go along - just see what works - started in HC with a marksman rifle which seems to be going along ok - I guess there's probably a lot of core people going HC for long shots which might dilute the hardcore hardcore !

7 hours ago, techno said:

Not necessarily as Nero says. His view on longshots and tbh he's spot on imo.

Either way. It is what it is. I only played Ground War. That's how I achieved all of my long shots with exception to doing SMG's. I just now started my SMG camo journey and getting some of the launcher medal achievements for using gold or platinum camo.

I use to like HC mode but not playing the maps much I don't know them like prior CoDs.

11 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

If you're lucky to find a lobby though. Every time I tried the search went beyond 120 ping.

Probably different based off of location. There are a lot of lobby's with ground war in my region. Which could explain why you don't see many ground war lobbies in your region. Probably not a popular game mode.

3 hours ago, crippled_viper said:

Probably different based off of location. There are a lot of lobby's with ground war in my region. Which could explain why you don't see many ground war lobbies in your region. Probably not a popular game mode.

True.

On 8/21/2023 at 2:29 PM, Greboth said:

But I think I'm track to have plats finished by MW3.

Well that was a bit of understatement as I realised last night I'm halfway through Polyatomic now with 25/51 done.

I probably could have finished all Polyatomic's by now but slowed down as, while unlocking Polyatomic, I've been making sure I've completed the gold and platinum mastery challenges too.  So I've unlocked Polyatomic on guns but carried on using them to get another 100-200 kills with it.  I haven't done the Polyatomic mastery though as I figure I'll do that when I go for Orion.

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

Well that was a bit of understatement as I realised last night I'm halfway through Polyatomic now with 25/51 done.

I probably could have finished all Polyatomic's by now but slowed down as, while unlocking Polyatomic, I've been making sure I've completed the gold and platinum mastery challenges too.  So I've unlocked Polyatomic on guns but carried on using them to get another 100-200 kills with it.  I haven't done the Polyatomic mastery though as I figure I'll do that when I go for Orion.

On the home straight! Polys are easy Greebs, you can do it! 

How is everyone's camo challenges going on MW3? 

So far I have the SVA Assault Rifle gold, and all 3 Shotguns gold. 

Will probably get the Shotguns Forged (platinum/diamond). Then work on something else. 

Thank God we have Shipment back, really helps the grind. 

So far my progress.

All MW3 AR's are up to Forged camo

All MW3 Sniper's are up to Forged camo

The MW3 launcher is Forged camo

The one SMG; WSP Swarm is Gilded camo.

Then the remaining weapons have been dabbled with here and there. It's distracting to focus on camo grinds and then the daily challenges happen or the weekly challenges are available. Plus when they add events too. But so far I'm enjoying this game and the uniqueness of each camo grind and the challenge it presents. Very different from prior COD's.

12 hours ago, crippled_viper said:

So far my progress.

All MW3 AR's are up to Forged camo

All MW3 Sniper's are up to Forged camo

The MW3 launcher is Forged camo

The one SMG; WSP Swarm is Gilded camo.

Then the remaining weapons have been dabbled with here and there. It's distracting to focus on camo grinds and then the daily challenges happen or the weekly challenges are available. Plus when they add events too. But so far I'm enjoying this game and the uniqueness of each camo grind and the challenge it presents. Very different from prior COD's.

It sounds like your almost done lol. 

I've unlocked all the weapons from the armory but barely used most of them. 

I have the Shotguns Forged now. That's it haha.