Skull and Bones Delayed Again!

J4MES OX4D

Ubisoft's blockbuster game been delayed for the fifth time! March 2023 is the new release date despite it supposed to be launching sometime in November and having a recent pre-release marketing campaign. Another shambles for Ubisoft who will miss out on their bumper pre-Christmas payday yet again. Not interested in this game whatsoever though as it's basically Black Flag Lite and its development history is sketchy to say the least. This delay is probably tactical as well as it not being finished. 

skull1-1662837470268.jpg?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

Skull & Bones, Ubisoft's pirate battler that's been in development limbo at least since 2017, has been delayed yet again. This is the fifth time.

insert jeremy clarkson meme saying oh no!! anyway...

that's what i feel about this game, from the first time it was unveiled they have sticked to making a vastly inferior black flag, it's better if they cancel it altogether and be done with it

14 hours ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

insert jeremy clarkson meme saying oh no!! anyway...

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

😉

Yeah, its falling into significance this game unfortunately. However, every time I see it, I get the urge to go back to Black Flag... 😅

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

😉

Yeah, its falling into significance this game unfortunately. However, every time I see it, I get the urge to go back to Black Flag... 😅

it's mind boggling how such a cool and interesting setting like pirates, freeroaming, naval battles, treasure hunting etc has only be done once

I'm surprised it didn't boom after Black Flag was released.  Strike while the iron is hot and all that shit.   We could've had Skull & Bones 4: Treasure Galore by now.  With shit tons of micro transactions for $3 dollar sails and a bundle of wood grains for your ships.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Skull and Bones delayed for a SIXTH time. Just cancel this POS Ubisoft and stick to making the same old AC/Far Cry safe shite as it's clear they can't handle anything else. 3 other titles cancelled too which must take the total close to 10 in the last few years alone. Company is an absolute joke! 

snaps-gameplay-skull-and-bones-about-ign
WWW.IGN.COM

Ubisoft has announced that it has, for the sixth time, delayed Skull & Bones, as well as canceled three more unannounced games amid "major challenges" in the industry, the underperformance of Mario +...

jXL8hdC5iArTrYMhuwYeTY-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The latest developer stream focuses on “narrative gameplay.”

This is the trouble when your game is in development from a decade - by the time it is shown off, it's already dated visually and conceptually. Looks like a game from 2016 and has the typical outdated and uninspired Ubisoft gameplay framework. 

five minutes in the video and the game is menu simulator and when you aren't in menus you have a fuckton of annoying ui stuff on your screen and my god the """"gameplay"""" they show is boring and bland as hell

Funnily enough they are sending out invites to a technical test for this game, which happens on 27 January.

I must have registered at some point years ago because I don't remember at all.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

21 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Funnily enough they are sending out invites to a technical test for this game, which happens on 27 January.

I must have registered at some point years ago because I don't remember at all.

You probably registered back in 2014 when it was due for release the following year🤣

R-18.jpg
INSIDER-GAMING.COM

Speaking with 10+ playtesters, Skull and Bones is still struggling to resonate with its players - But it should just release...

At this point, I feel this has become the new Duke Nukem forever of this generation.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

43 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I play tested it, i lasted maybe 30 minutes before uninstalling 👍

Its a real shame thats the case. Its like the game has really set sail into oblivion (not a bad pun I must say 😄).

I do miss that mobile game you could play to ship and ferry resources around through the day whilst the game was off. I'd probably would've just taken a Pirate Simulator game by now.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

54 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Its a real shame thats the case. Its like the game has really set sail into oblivion (not a bad pun I must say 😄).

I do miss that mobile game you could play to ship and ferry resources around through the day whilst the game was off. I'd probably would've just taken a Pirate Simulator game by now.

That's just me, other folk might enjoy it. I just got Anthem vibes from this game....

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Oh dear!

WWW.IGN.COM

Skull and Bones is suffering yet another breach in the hull, as Ubisoft's long-delayed pirate game has lost another creative director.

I swear they just had a beta and the game's release was imminent! Oh well, delay til Q1 2024 incoming..

On 9/8/2023 at 4:47 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Oh dear!

WWW.IGN.COM

Skull and Bones is suffering yet another breach in the hull, as Ubisoft's long-delayed pirate game has lost another creative director.

I swear they just had a beta and the game's release was imminent! Oh well, delay til Q1 2024 incoming..

I mean they could be taking feedback from said Beta and improving the game?

Luseth.png