Vault Hunters - A new modpack

Greboth

Having mostly completed Cuboid Outpost, it's time for a new pack, this time Vault Hunters - A dungeon crawler RPG modpack.  You start off in a vanilla world with very few mods available to you but a few skill points to put in to skills and abilities as you like.  The vanilla game needs to be completed first but once done you can start running vaults - a maze like dungeon full of random rooms, mobs, loot and if you're feeling brave a boss because if you die in a vault, or don't get out before the timer runs out, there's no way to get your items.  Running vaults will allow you to earn and unlock more skills and abilities as well as start to unlock mods.  To run a vault, you need a vault crystal and 4 random items so the more you play the more mods you unlock making life outside the vault easier while the vaults get harder as you level up.

There's a website for the modpack which explains all the skills and abilities you can unlock.

og-img.png
VAULTHUNTERS.GG

Build an amazing base, level up and spend skill points to grow stronger, conquer the vaults and complete the artifact puzzle! - Do you have...

Modpack: Vault Hunters version 1.13.9L (Make sure it is the L, as there's 3 13.9 versions but the L has a couple of important bug fixes)

Server IP address: 62.210.41.17:25414

The server runs a whitelist which I've whitelisted the people who have played before but if you want to access the server and can't, let me know.

As normal, I've pre-generated the world to help with lag, about 1200 blocks (~75 chunks) in each direction from spawn.  I've screenshot the map below in case you want to head off somewhere specific.  I forgot to mark spawn, but it's the orange desert roughly in the middle of the image.

52375162666_b72ff291fa_h.jpg

I was going to note some tips and tricks but someone has already compiled a lot of information, linked below.

s1G4bzgD47lzICf7YsaO5y0hwkc5tOYKranB1Hb5
DOCS.GOOGLE.COM

Vault Hunters - a Guide! Made by Damnsecci, DawnRune, Cheeky43, GreatLakesGirl and Rebs2222. DISCLAIMER; If you would like to use...

@Plumbers Crack @Misneach_ tagging you both so you know I've updated the server.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Thanks @Greboth, I need to get back into a rhythm of playing on the PC and playing in general. I don't think i'm the only one either!

When do you think is best times to get on this one and give it a go? Is there any key and interesting items to know about that we can create in this version of the game?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

8 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks @Greboth, I need to get back into a rhythm of playing on the PC and playing in general. I don't think i'm the only one either!

When do you think is best times to get on this one and give it a go? Is there any key and interesting items to know about that we can create in this version of the game?

To be honest whenever you want as you're always whitelisted 🙂 Though if you let me know when you're getting on, I'll probably be able to join in case you have any questions.  Though the beginning of the game is vanilla as you need items from the end to get in to running vaults which you should be familiar with from the realm.

From an actual mod point of view though there's not really anything too interesting as there aren't a lot of mods.  The big thing are the vaults which adds an almost PvE aspect to the game, each one has different modifiers and the room generation is random so you never know what you're going to get.

Ok turns out it was actually set to hard but I don’t know why.  I set it back to normal but every server restart it goes back to hard.

I changed it in game, which should change the server too.  But think I’ll have to try changing it in the control panel or manually changing the server properties.