FG Servers! Your thoughts and opinions please

GazzaGarratt

Morning all!

We're in need of reviewing all the servers we have so far and what we'd all love to have as a community moving forward into 2023 (yep, we really are nearly there which is scary to say!). You'll see we already made some steps to start a new section for Servers accessible from the FG Homepage which is the beginning of our Servers journey.

As a commitment this year, I wanted to make sure we had our very own collective spaces we can try and share some fun together on and bring more of the FG family together. So far, the following servers are currently around for FGs spontaneous gaming delights:

• PC - DayZ Vanilla
  • PS4 - DayZ
  • PC - 7 Days Modded (Cars and UI)
  • PC - 7 Days Vanilla
  • PC - Valheim Vanilla
  • PC - Minecraft Modded (Quests)
  • ALL - Minecraft Realm

I'd like to keep some of these, but equally like some more. At the same time we should be clear on using money in the right places as they all don't pay for themselves. Whatever we end up with, we'll do more events and meet-ups for everyone so I'd hope to see more of us try and get on wherever possible and get interacting on them.

So, whats your thoughts? Keep, Remove, Add, Other Games, Other consoles, Modded ones?

Let's get your feedback everybody!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

The only server I play on is the Minecraft Realm, and despite how much me and Lara enjoy playing on it, I have noticed a distinct lack of other member involvement. Not many people use it regularly.

The Minecraft Realm has also been down a lot lately with the patches not being implemented onto the console version quickly.

In my opinion this would be one of the servers we remove from the budget. Unused and unloved now.

30 minutes ago, James said:

“The only server I play on is the Minecraft Realm”

I concur, Tad and I only use the Realm server but it would be a shame to see all the builds go to waste. 

I should be able to contribute more to sever costs this year and next. 

i have only played valheim and 7 days to die from these, the modded one is fubar from what i understood because of version conflicts with the mods when i talked with carl so might as well nuke it, as for the vanilla one i haven't played and contributed enough to it although i would like to continue playing the game

as for valheim for a long time it's been me, carl, la and lee most of the time, i obviously would like to keep it so we can play together and we have made some great stuff there but if people have moved on from it it's ok as well

Keep the Minecraft modded PC server. This has peaks and troughs of usage (for me, depends on the time of year) but Greeboth keeps it fresh by changing the modpack occasionaly to keep us on our toes. It's an easy, chill dip into game

I'd also like to keep the modded PC 7DTD server but change the pack -  I did enjoy those hoard night shenanigans!!

Thanks to all the server admins for keeping things working and giving noob instructions for logging in on Day 1 👍

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

4 hours ago, JamaicanSteve said:

I concur, Tad and I only use the Realm server but it would be a shame to see all the builds go to waste. 

I should be able to contribute more to sever costs this year and next. 

For the modded server, I download the world before changing pack.  Assuming the realm has the option Matt could download the world so it could be restored if we want a server in the future.

I don’t generally play on the realm but it would kinda be sad to see it go being it’s the only one everyone can get on.  Though if it isn’t being used then it’s understandable if it goes.

33 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Keep the Minecraft modded PC server. This has peaks and troughs of usage (for me, depends on the time of year) but Greeboth keeps it fresh by changing the modpack occasionaly to keep us on our toes. It's an easy, chill dip into game

After 3 years (or 4years?) of the modded server it is getting harder to find new packs without basically playing the same packs.  But as long as I can find packs or people want to play, the modded server shall be up 🙂 

As for the rest, I still haven’t tried Valheim but know I should.  Also, even though I know there’s the list, I didn’t know we had a vanilla 7 Days server.  But I find 7 Days has it’s peaks and troughs so if no-one plays it maybe get rid until there’s more interest again.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Are there any new games on the horizon in a similar style to 7 days/day z?  As much as I love them, I feel there's no end game and ultimately I get bored.  

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......