Kings Fall

Riff Machine

After running through this latest "vaulted content" re-release tonight with some fellow FGers, I think I can safely say that the Destiny 2 version of this raid is vastly superior to its D1 counterpart for one reason...

You actually damage Oryx with your own weapons!!  No running around in circles!!  Actual damage phases!!!

Fucking hell, where was this 6 years ago, Bungie?

With a few minor exceptions, the raid is basically the same save for the one big difference I listed.  Warpriest is probably the hardest encounter throughout the whole thing.

Good stuff, I'm looking forward to running more of these.  

Oh, and I got Touch of Malice.  Bonus!  🤘😄

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

13 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

You actually damage Oryx with your own weapons!!  No running around in circles!!  Actual damage phases!!!

Couldn't agree more with this. Its like they've had a second go at making it better and they really nailed it with this one. It is so much fun to run through. Laughing at people screwing up the jumping puzzle is still there too. The other raid encounters also feel pretty decent to run. You do have to work hard to get Warpriest done but I remember we used to get stuck at that part before and it co-ordination of a 6 player team is needed, which is the whole point of a raid.

The armour for the Titan still looks badass. I was lucky to get all armour apart from the Class Item dishcloth.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Couldn't agree more with this. Its like they've had a second go at making it better and they really nailed it with this one. It is so much fun to run through. Laughing at people screwing up the jumping puzzle is still there too. The other raid encounters also feel pretty decent to run. You do have to work hard to get Warpriest done but I remember we used to get stuck at that part before and it co-ordination of a 6 player team is needed, which is the whole point of a raid.

The armour for the Titan still looks badass. I was lucky to get all armour apart from the Class Item dishcloth.

Hey class armour you say you can have one of mine I've got 2 🙄

Warpriest was a ballache but did feel a sense of achievement getting that done the other week. 

The titan armor from kings Fall was always bad ass.  I never had a complete set for the warlock and hunter.  

On 9/11/2022 at 3:14 AM, Riff Machine said:

After running through this latest "vaulted content" re-release tonight with some fellow FGers, I think I can safely say that the Destiny 2 version of this raid is vastly superior to its D1 counterpart for one reason...

Fucking hell, where was this 6 years ago, Bungie?

With a few minor exceptions, the raid is basically the same save for the one big difference I listed.  Warpriest is probably the hardest encounter throughout the whole thing.

Good stuff, I'm looking forward to running more of these.  

Oh, and I got Touch of Malice.  Bonus!  🤘😄

If your referring to the bomb dropped in oryx fight. You still have running around in circles.

Never ran in a circle once.  Best. Raid.  Ever.  

Yeah @Venom , on that run we didn't get the 'chasing bomb' option as it was always the Oryx teleport bubble. Although now you should have to keep running anywhere to stop the bombs from hitting you. Running straight up and down is the easiest way. I think D1 it was more organisation as people were so worried that their bomb would hit someone else so people would run around the circles as it was the easiest way to explain it! Funny how we did stuff back in the day now we look back at it.

And thank god for mantle in D2. I don't know how we ever existed to play on D1 without that.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb