The Queen 1926-2022

GazzaGarratt

skysports-queen-elizabeth-ii_5891953.jpg

I'm sharing, because I think its right to pay our respects where possible.

I know that all in the world (and in FG) may not share the same beliefs, opinions, feelings on many things in life and The Queen may be one of those.

Right now, all I feel is that its respectful enough for me to say, Thank You and Rest In Peace. ❤️

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I am a royalist but have never had much interest in the royals.  So i’m quite surprised at the impact this has had.  It kinda feels like the whole nation has lost its grandmother.

She did a lot for this country and dedicated her whole life to the service of the country is something to admire.

She was such a constant for so long that not having Queen Elizabeth is going to be weird.  Even little things like can you imagine a tenner without the queens face on it?

The Queen is dead.  Long live the King.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

As soon as I saw the initial reports about her health early afternoon I knew she passed away and it was a matter of protocols being completed before the death was announced. The media would've looked utterly ridiculous had she made a recover so it's safe to say they knew to a degree and I think a lot of people expected it. She had a great innings and accomplished so much around the globe and I was somewhat taken aback by the amount of statues all around the globe in locations where she made a difference. She's been at the helm for many people's entire lives so it's gonna be weird not having her presence in every day lives especially once money changes over along with stamps. I'm not even sure what's gonna happen to the national anthem either. 

On a lighter note, I'm kinda pissed off that the TV and sports schedules have now gone tits up aside from horse racing (i wonder why...) but she does deserved to be remembered for all that's been accomplished over many days to come. 

Have to say I'm not a royalist but did have a weird feeling when I heard she'd passed. Tbh wide had said she thought she'd gone earlier that afternoon. Its definitely weird still and only today I said prince Charles and my daughter immediately said king...now that's gonna take some getting used to. Don't know why but thought I might keep some money with the queen on it.