Atomic Heart

I'm sure there was a thread somewhere but it's probably buried seeing that this game has been in development for seemingly ever and we haven't heard a peep for almost a year. New trailer has dropped though and it looks good - supposed to be out this year but we've heard that all before with this game

It's on Xbox GamePass so I'll more than likely check it out.

When I first became aware of this game i thought it was riffing off (nor ripping) Stalker but now I can't remember so will check the video above, cheers👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

21 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

It's on Xbox GamePass so I'll more than likely check it out.

When I first became aware of this game i thought it was riffing off (nor ripping) Stalker but now I can't remember so will check the video above, cheers👍

I think most people thought it was a fake game at first especially when we saw no original gameplay footage for a very long period and the devs were silent for months upon months at a time. However it looks like they've done a very good job overall with a truly unique setting and not only that, this is a rare game that actually seems to represent the gameplay trailers we've seen previous. 

I installed this on my Series X tonight, and I'll give it a go tomorrow.  The mixed reviews I've seen make me feel so glad this is on game pass.  If you've played it, post your thoughts here.  I've heard its a russian bioshock wannabe.  Lol

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Ok, right off the bat.  Why does no one sound Russian?!?!?  If the game is based in an alternate Russia, why the fuck does everyone sound American??  

The intro sequence is a fucking slog.  I legit wanted to shut the game off during it.  This thing just drags this intro bit so damn slow, and It is just boring as hell.  They try to fill it with some lore crap, but due to the aforementioned lack of anyone sounding like a Russian, I find that I don't care.  

This isn't off to a good start at all.

*UPDATE*  I did in fact shut it down after over 30 minutes of non-playing intro.  I'll get into the ACTUAL gameplay tomorrow if @Rumelyladydoesn't go to wizard school.

Totally agree with @Riff Machine  about the immersion. The accents are jarring, yet when you play the radio in the car it's Russian language music. So stupid.

I runs pretty well, I have all settings maxed and I'm getting 60fps, not bad for the old 1080ti.

Too early to say much else, I've only played an hour. Melee is average, not a patch on something like Dying Light, so hope the gunplay is better.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Yeah, I've been having a hard time getting into this game.  Every few minutes they throw an unskippable, unplayable cut scene that just takes me right out of it.  All the beauty bits in Bioshock or Bioshock infinite had a charm about them that made you want to keep moving.  Due to my previous mention about the lack of Russian accents, and honestly some really cringe-worthy voice acting, this is lacking the charm to keep me interested.  I think I may shelf this and come back at a later date.

On 2/22/2023 at 10:40 PM, Riff Machine said:

The intro sequence is a fucking slog.  I legit wanted to shut the game off during it. 

The thing that did me in the intro bit is that I walked through a car park past a load of cars, into a complex, went into a lift and up a few floors, picked up a key and then came back down in the lift and back out of the complex and then back to the cars I'd just walked past. I did nothing else at all there. It was just a totally pointless 5 minutes of walking around.

fart.gif