Comparing other Forums...

So I just registered to two other forums for GM Fullsize trucks and Desert trucks. I do all the registering and introduction. And on one of the forums I still have yet to be accepted (so I can't make posts, view profiles, update my profile, etc...) I have emailed the admins and nothing. The other site still has not acknowledge me on the introduction, but I was able to reply in a thread that was already made about product reviews. So I mention a product that I have used and what I thought. Then a moderator deletes my post and bans me. He then unbanned me and said sorry because he thought I was a spammer. Mind you have already done an introduction and registered.

What I'm getting at will all of this, I'm so glad that this forum is not like that. Very friendly and will acknowledge new people as they join.

Yea I joined one forum and after a did a introduction I had one mod and three members tell me to read the rules. I started reading them and had a good laugh at the bull shit rules. Haven't went back.

I spent some time at the BroTeam forums when I was gone.

It's...exactly what it looks like. xD

Met some interesting people (like a person who roleplays as a promiscuous Renamon) and Broteam himself acknowledged my ponified version of him:

54d10030cc86b1b9ee9577f0b23e0157_29_by_d

All in all, it was fun, but nothing like here. :D

DM9ON.png

I'm admin on a motorbike forum and I got into a heated dispute with other mods last week over the way a new member was banned, she was a troll but had not IMO gone through the correct procedure to have been banned.

I can't imagine how she trolled motorbikes... x)

What'd she do?

DM9ON.png

Not what your talking about but when I compare the experience of other forums there isn't really any other like this... Especially in the gaming genre...

Usually full of people who will do anything for a post, people who have thousands of posts and probably only about 2% of them would be a useful comment, majority is just pointless, nasty and irrelevant posts purely just to raise the post count...

Only other forum I can even remotely compare to this is a tropical fish forum, some very helpful people there, but still quite a few who have to make pointless unhelpful comments...

Credit to us for being so awesome I think!

blackops2sig.jpg

Anything official such as the COD forums or some of the discussions in the Steam community should be avoided like the plague!

You make a logical post and refresh and suddenly it's down to page 6.  You have people posting/spamming the same moans or questions and the mods do nothing/can't handle the influx.

This forum has a fine balance of numbers, quality of posts and friendliness. We also have a young chap called Dylan.

FG rocks - what more could you possibly want!? 

Perhaps more ladies B)  :wub:  :ph34r: