|FG| Clan Wars Thread - Campaign Update in OP 05-12-2013

Possibly. I'm wondering if it might be a good idea not to bother trying too hard in the remaining 2+ days as this is a one week shake down to set up the leagues. To get back to the top in these standings would take some concerted gaming. If we take it easy now, we'll be placed in a less difficult league to start with

Any thoughts on this?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

sounds like a good idea in theory, but what does it calculate skill level on? win % ? kd ratio? or something else? Score per minute?

Who knows (probably Bob).......that's the magic of CoD! :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I'm working on a final montage (I'll probably make 3 overall) just saving the very best clips and spending a lot of time on it.  Lol, probalby got 10 hours in the first minute alone.  I don't mind though since I'm doing it at work. Something to pass the time.

Keep calm and question nothing.

For the benefit of Euan and Gary who expressed some confusion about how all this works, this is what I have worked out:

Basically we get put in a 'clan war' against 7 other clans. We don't come up against them, we just compete for control of 10 'nodes'. If you've looked at the app and seen a map and lots of target description, basically ignore that. Its just for atmosphere

Each clan war lasts a set amount of time, the first one is a week, and the next one, which starts tomorrow is two weeks I think. there is an overall league table showing how many 'cp' each clan has, these clan points are earned by owning a node.

Each node is like a mini league table for each of the clans to compete. Each node = a game mode - so 10 game modes are represented. TDM / Dom / KC / Hunted / SnR / Blitz and 4 hard core modes.

Each node can be either 'open' or 'owned'. At the start of a clan war all nodes are open, and basically the first clan to hit the specified target of wins then owns that mode (and gets some cp). When a node is open any time a clan member gets a win in that game mode it adds to our score - so a party of 6 winning gets 6 points. The target varies depending upon the node - some are 40 wins, the TDM one is 140 wins (but this may change in each clan war)

So at the start of a clan war the idea is to beast some wins and grab ownership of nodes. Owning a node gives everyone an xp boost in that specific game mode

Once a node is owned, the scoring changes massively. At that point the scores of all the other clans are frozen and whenever they get a win, those points come off the total of the team that owns the node. So if we win domination and have 40 wins, if the other 7 clans are all playing domination our score will go backwards quickly. When we reach zero the node is open again. I think the xp bonus only lasts as long as you own the node. As soon as the node is open the scoring changes back, and wins add to our total until someone grabs ownership again.

Its meant to be deliberately hard to hold a node too long.

Overall victory comes from the cp we accumulate by grabbing the nodes. I cant find anything much on the internet about how this is calculated apart from a hint that at the first clan to grab ownership of each node gets 12 cp, and then this drops by 1 for every other change of ownership. This explains why we got 3 for owning SnR and 6 for owning Dom - different amounts of leadership changes.

Hope this makes it clearer