Crispy's PC Build

crispymorgan

So a while back I had decided I would love to get back in to PC gaming.  I'm a tight arse though and I needed to do low low budget.  Initially I had proposed using more recycled spare parts, but I wanted to make sure it was reliable so most of them went out the window.  My first idea was to use the well respected AMD RX470 coupled with the G4560 CPU which punches way above its price point.  The CPU was out of stock most places when i finally decided to get the build going, and crypto miners had bought every single fucking GPU in the world.

First part to buy was the GPU.  Finally settled on a Palit 1050 TI.  It retailed around £135 but it dropped in price and I had an amazon voucher for £20.  So it cost me £99.  I was now committed to buying the rest of the PC or having an expensive paper weight

My build had gone from budget to expensive on more than one occasion, but I decided that solid budget was the way forward.  I changed the motherboard to one that was on sale at scan and bought an i3 CPU.  In reality, upgrading the CPU cost me £40 for about 6% performance increase, not great, but at least it was in stock.

CPU - Intel i3-7100 Kaby lake - £102.97 (scan offer)

Motherboard - Asus Prime B250M-PLUS - £62.99  (Scan offer)

GPU - Palit 1050 ti - £119 (£99 with gift voucher)

RAM - Corsair 2 x 4GB 2400Mhz  - £66.50

PSU - Refurb 450W Corsair - £24.98

SSD - Western Digital 120GB - £54

HDD - 1TB Enterprise Western Digital - FOC 

Monitor - AOC G2460PG - £160 (second reduced from £349)

Peripherals I had, but are to be upgraded

Total Build cost was £590

20170701_151638.jpg.a8ae568ed89f16174fe2190acdef9d59.jpg

Fitting the PSU.  Bit of a pain not being modular, but that's a luxury for next time.

20170701_184832.jpg.92a46d119554bd55574357a9d346d6fe.jpg

Fitting CPU.  I was quite nervous about this bit as I haven't used this type of socket before.  Easy enough to do in the end.

20170701_185435.jpg.7f1ab5e655cac6ad4f341628120e627a.jpg

Most of the stuff installed now.  Spent a bit of time routing, and the rerouting cables.  It's still not exactly what I want, but I was getting desperate to play it by this point. :D

20170701_195308.jpg.1a0ddb462db7b7935344b27130d6c17e.jpg

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

PC now fully built!!!!! ZOMG nearly ready.  Heart stopping moment when it wouldn't turn on properly, but it was a connection I hadn't done (12V ATX).  It turns out I had to split one of the plugs on the PSU to get the 4 pin connector I couldn't find.......

OVOWTer.jpg

Just tinkering with the UEFI BIOS to sort the drives out

cag8OcH.jpg

Done!  Please note it takes its place along side the PS4.  This is all about expanding my gaming not replacing it!  

idlO7Ln.jpg

Still lots of tidying to do, but it's been fun and I've had a blast playing rainbow on PC.  Think PUBG is going to be the one that steals most of my time though.

EJplEux.jpg

Yeah, top post Crispy. You have me teetering on the edge of PC partpicker. Can't believe you got everything that cheap. Considering I wouldn't look to buy a monitor straight away and put it through one of my TVs that price is fantastic.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

As @Diddums has done a nice write-up of his latest PC antics, I thought I'd bring mine up to date....

My PC was always a little shy of power for the games I wanted to play.  Annoying stuttering etc was beginning to get me down, and honestly meant I never really played PC games that much.  Al that has now changed.  I've moved from the 1050ti to a 1060 6gb and the i3-7100 has been replaced by an unlocked i5 7600k.  Looking much better on the performance front.  As I bought the unlocked version the stock cooler wasn't going to cut it, so I got a nice little closed loop water cooler.  I've also moved all my games and stuff from the mechanical HDD to an NVMe 1tb M.2 drive (it's between the CPU and the GPU).  This thing is seriously quick.  So now I get to play games on settings other than LOW.  Nice!

aezYvVs.jpg

1 minute ago, phil bottle said:

You're making me want to show off my unexpected upgrade too, nice going Crispyemoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Get cracking old man!

banlol.png