GazzaGarratt

Well it's been talked about over the last few days that it is coming in 2018. There may be hints at E3 and the analyst that predicted ps4 pro and slim says 2018 is the year.

Feels kinda soon to me. We've only just had the Pro out so just seems a little odd that we'd have another console to look to. If it is I don't think game developers are with the curve so it I would wait til 2019.

Maybe they feel Microsoft forced their hand with the Scorpio. For once i cant seeing me supporting any of those consoles initially.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was kind of expecting the PS4 Pro '2' and not the PS5 just get but this gen is already a bit of a mess with substantial specification disparity between the system models. The key is really that you are able to play the latest games to a respectable standard without the playerbases being split and I'm sure even all PS4 Pro users along with Xbox One S ones will still get another fair few years out of their systems. The original PS4 owners like myself may eventually not be able to run the latest 'PS4 range' compatible games or perhaps not to a decent standard but this generation is certainly not obsolete by a long shot. 

I think if a PS5 is on the way; that'll be nothing more than an industry knee-jerk reaction to the Scorpio and in the end both companies will have seemingly jumped the gun and priced people out of the market whilst blowing mass funding to produce these units to the extent; they might get sold at a loss down the line. It makes you wonder if Sony would be trying to get ahead of Microsoft and if the Scorpio is a entirely new console not part of the Xbox One range hence why it would be the PS5 and not some PS4 variant like the Pro '2'.

Bear in mind though this analyist simply predicted Sony would release a new console after the Slim and I think even I 'predicted' that despite it being virtually a gimme and that don't make me no industry expert! 

It's the Apple method. iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs+ and then iPhone Y (start over).

I'd like to think this will just persuade more people to try out PC but then ^this comment makes me think again.
Imagine the fan boy war with all these consoles and follow ups.
Fuck that for a game of soldiers[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

There are several reasons I prefer consoles to PC when it comes to gaming.  However if consoles continue as they are and especially new generations released so close together then the benefits become questionable.  Spending £400 on a console every 7-8 years isn't too bad, £400 every 4 years though? I think at the point I would have to seriously question putting that £400 in to a GPU instead.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

There are several reasons I prefer consoles to PC when it comes to gaming.  However if consoles continue as they are and especially new generations released so close together then the benefits become questionable.  Spending £400 on a console every 7-8 years isn't too bad, £400 every 4 years though? I think at the point I would have to seriously question putting that £400 in to a GPU instead.

91990281b729bb6f3fa1eb4351c7dc04.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD