Gas Grenades

J4MES OX4D

Anyone think these are OP? I haven't used them yet but I come up against teams in defence who spam these religiously and they can cause huge carnage with minimal effort. I also understand that you have two of these equipped unlike one lethal frag which seems a bit generous too and if you come up with numerous players chucking gas nades; you either have to soak up the growing waft of gas covering a large area with no ADS or retreat back a significant distance until they disperse but then more get thrown in soon after so you're pinned back with ease.

I'd certainly consider limiting them one for starters and possibly to one or two classes. The smoke also goes through solid walls and floors which is another thing that needs looking at and the dispersal time for just a single nade is quite long too which I feel makes them far too effective especially in droves. Didn't see too many of these at the start but people are really cottoning on to how useful and favourable these are. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't used them in anger yet as having more fun with impact grenades, but feel your pain. This is when the old gas mask comes in handy assuming you've intended to put it on instead of by accident. All in all I don't think they aren't too OP unless in enclosed or built areas.

If you have a team spamming Gas, use the Assault class and grab the M1918 sub. Any version should work. That thing without ADS is laser accurate from the hip for pretty long distances. You can break gas walls with that load out nothing flat because they don't typically expect it. 

I must admit after getting nailed by them whilst trying to learn the controls meant I switched to Gas grenades pretty early.

You do feel a little more powerful with them and they help massively when you're on the defensive to lockdown a control point you've just captured or being flanked by a number of enemies.

It would be great to get the whole squad on them for a game. A co-ordinated mas gas attack would be lethal.

On 27/10/2016 at 4:11 PM, phil bottle said:

They should make the gas attacks like a random event generated by the server  so everyone has to don  their masks at the same time.  No grenades just one massive gas attack over a large area of the map. 

This would be pretty cool as well.

Forum Signature Test.png