Battlefield 1's Premium Pass and First DLC Expansion Detailed

The3rdWalker

Update: For those who want Battlefield 1 and its Premium Pass, EA will offer an Ultimate Edition for $130. This consists of the game's deluxe edition and the Premium Pass. This is separate from the previously announced Collector's Edition, which apparently won't come with the Premium Pass.

Original Story: Battlefield 1's Premium Pass will include early access to new multiplayer maps, four digital expansions, and a range of new weapons, dog tags, and skins.

As detailed on the game's Origin page, it will cost $49.99/£39.99 and the first expansion for it is called "They Shall Not Pass." It will introduce the French army to DICE's large-scale World War I shooter from March 2017.

"Scout ahead with a two-week head start on four themed expansion packs. And France joins the fight in all new multiplayer maps," reads the product description. Following this, another expansion "will bring the Russian Empire into the battle."

Items such as weapons, dog tags, and skins will be delivered as monthly Battlepacks starting from November 2016.

"Get ready for new Operations and game modes, new Elite classes, weapons, vehicles, and more," the description continues. "The Battlefield 1 Premium Pass includes 16 new multiplayer maps, 20 new weapons, 14 unique dog tags, and 14 Battlefield 1 Battlepacks containing stand-out weapon skins. Each Battlepack is delivered monthly, starting November 2016."

Battlefield 1's release date has been confirmed as October 21. This is just a few days before Titanfall 2's October 28 release date. According to EA, having both games launch alongside each other will strengthen its position in the shooter genre, instead of cannibalising the sales of both game.

"[Shooters are] a giant category in our industry, $4.5 billion, there's a very broad and diverse set of players who are looking to fulfill different gameplay motivations," chief executive Andrew Wilson previously said. "Some people play very quick play, some people play more strategic, some people want both in different context.

"We feel we have a really strong position to deliver the broader set of gameplay mechanics as it relates to the first-person shooter genre across two titles. I feel very confident that we are well positioned to do very well in that category in the year."

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two months before release and they've already got their DLC rota in full swing. Suppose they have to recoup some of the money they've spent buying Call of Duty YouTuber's... 

I'm growing increasingly tired of this industry as buying a basic game is becoming more complex with so many editions, content and clauses. The more I read about BF1; the more tiresome it is becoming not because of the game but the crap EA are pulling and this sort of nonsense just makes it worse.   

12 hours ago, phil bottle said:

And they wonder why people turn to 'dodgy' cd key sites...

I wish I picked it up on CDKeys a couple of months ago when it was just £22.99! 

Origin are charging £65 to get the game 3 days early and £105 for the complete experience. It's just a complete an utter joke! I'll probably try and get the base game dirt cheap for £30 or so and then just see if I can grab premium from a key seller for a similar amount in the future. Even if this game was amazing; I wouldn't want to pay more than £60 for the entire thing and £100+ for the official full package is ridiculous. 

Is the premium pass really going to stop people playing? The base game surely will be what most average gamer will buy anyhow. I very rarely buy DLC but granted this is now the norm in most AAA games.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 26/08/2016 at 10:02 AM, PlasticGaming said:

Update: For those who want Battlefield 1 and its Premium Pass, EA will offer an Ultimate Edition for $130. This consists of the game's deluxe edition and the Premium Pass. This is separate from the previously announced Collector's Edition, which apparently won't come with the Premium Pass.

Original Story: Battlefield 1's Premium Pass will include early access to new multiplayer maps, four digital expansions, and a range of new weapons, dog tags, and skins.

As detailed on the game's Origin page, it will cost $49.99/£39.99 and the first expansion for it is called "They Shall Not Pass." It will introduce the French army to DICE's large-scale World War I shooter from March 2017.

"Scout ahead with a two-week head start on four themed expansion packs. And France joins the fight in all new multiplayer maps," reads the product description. Following this, another expansion "will bring the Russian Empire into the battle."

Items such as weapons, dog tags, and skins will be delivered as monthly Battlepacks starting from November 2016.

"Get ready for new Operations and game modes, new Elite classes, weapons, vehicles, and more," the description continues. "The Battlefield 1 Premium Pass includes 16 new multiplayer maps, 20 new weapons, 14 unique dog tags, and 14 Battlefield 1 Battlepacks containing stand-out weapon skins. Each Battlepack is delivered monthly, starting November 2016."

Battlefield 1's release date has been confirmed as October 21. This is just a few days before Titanfall 2's October 28 release date. According to EA, having both games launch alongside each other will strengthen its position in the shooter genre, instead of cannibalising the sales of both game.

"[Shooters are] a giant category in our industry, $4.5 billion, there's a very broad and diverse set of players who are looking to fulfill different gameplay motivations," chief executive Andrew Wilson previously said. "Some people play very quick play, some people play more strategic, some people want both in different context.

"We feel we have a really strong position to deliver the broader set of gameplay mechanics as it relates to the first-person shooter genre across two titles. I feel very confident that we are well positioned to do very well in that category in the year."

What you are describing is not unlike what they did in BF4 and BF3. Some of it is worthwhile in my opinion because they do add some interesting new game modes along the way. You are also able to play pretty well with the base game. I haven't played in a while but you use to be able to pick you games based on the map packs you have some not having some of the expansions did not hurt your experience. The original maps were pretty good.

Also some of the new game modes (arial battle only, tank battle only, domination) where pretty good and some made their way in the next version of the game. Dom for example was an expansion in BF3 and was part of BF4 on release. 

What I don't like is paying my $15 for 5 maps, one of which is a reskin of an old map. Nuketown or hijack for example. How many version of the map do we need? Can't they make something original that is just as good?

I'll see how beta goes in the next few days and they if I buy it, it will be without the DLCs which I can always buy later. Buying the DLCs at release is a risky thing to do. The Division is a good example. That game is totally fucked up, I am glad I didn't get any of the expansions

4 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

What you are describing is not unlike what they did in BF4 and BF3. Some of it is worthwhile in my opinion because they do add some interesting new game modes along the way. You are also able to play pretty well with the base game. I haven't played in a while but you use to be able to pick you games based on the map packs you have some not having some of the expansions did not hurt your experience. The original maps were pretty good.

Also some of the new game modes (arial battle only, tank battle only, domination) where pretty good and some made their way in the next version of the game. Dom for example was an expansion in BF3 and was part of BF4 on release. 

What I don't like is paying my $15 for 5 maps, one of which is a reskin of an old map. Nuketown or hijack for example. How many version of the map do we need? Can't they make something original that is just as good?

I'll see how beta goes in the next few days and they if I buy it, it will be without the DLCs which I can always buy later. Buying the DLCs at release is a risky thing to do. The Division is a good example. That game is totally fucked up, I am glad I didn't get any of the expansions

Pretty much agree with that, I'll probably buy the expansions.... but only when they come.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

52 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Pretty much agree with that, I'll probably buy the expansions.... but only when they come.

I don't think the saving buying a package upfront is really worth any value. Only time I would say it was worth it is Destiny due to the value for money that game continues to give.

18 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I don't think the saving buying a package upfront is really worth any value. Only time I would say it was worth it is Destiny due to the value for money that game continues to give.

I know what you mean but I bought the Division dlc and everyone stopped playing....so I think I'll wait and see how it goes!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

For me Rainbow six has the DLC thing nailed on.  Everyone gets the new maps, Pass holders get early new stuff.  Non-pass holders will get there eventually. 

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

3 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

For me Rainbow six has the DLC thing nailed on.  Everyone gets the new maps, Pass holders get early new stuff.  Non-pass holders will get there eventually. 

It is a very solid model, which has me shocked.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Battlefield 1 will release a new map for free 2 months after release, EA have confirmed. This will take the maps upto 6 in total on the base game. I can live with that.

Here's the description of the map from EA:

"Prepare to take part in the Battle of the Selle in the cold autumn of 1918. Here, the fighting moves out of the trenches and into open country where a massive crashed airship casts its shadow onto the battlefield. The British forces have broken through the Hindenburg line and are now in pursuit towards an important railway center. Fierce infantry and tank engagements ensue on the open ground and river banks alongside the Cateu-Wassigny railway where an armored train can still turn the tide."

On 17/09/2016 at 8:14 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Battlefield 1 will release a new map for free 2 months after release, EA have confirmed. This will take the maps upto 6 in total on the base game. I can live with that.

Here's the description of the map from EA:

"Prepare to take part in the Battle of the Selle in the cold autumn of 1918. Here, the fighting moves out of the trenches and into open country where a massive crashed airship casts its shadow onto the battlefield. The British forces have broken through the Hindenburg line and are now in pursuit towards an important railway center. Fierce infantry and tank engagements ensue on the open ground and river banks alongside the Cateu-Wassigny railway where an armored train can still turn the tide."

Did you miss a 1 out there when you said "6 in total base maps"? 6 fucking maps?! Fuck that shit.

fart.gif