So the new Ghostbusters looks like complete shit

Docwagon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if they'd kept it to an all male cast it still would have been shite! The original was such a success that this was never going to work.

Stop remaking old films because it doesn't fucking work! The idea that they'd not only remake it but turn it into an all female cast is quite frankly hilarious. I have no issues with woman in major roles or an all female cast, but they really shot themselves in the foot with this one. If you want to do something new then actually do something new!

Yep I agree 100% with everything everyone said here. One thing is I absolutely can not stand Melissa McCarthy. Personally I don't think she is even remotely funny in any way. Plus I really hate it when they redo a classic movie. Some movies should not be screwed with and Ghostbusters is one of those movies. I also hate when they change a cast to a different sex or race just for the sake of changing it. Just like the new TV series Uncle Buck which is starring Mike Epps... What's next a remake of Steel Magnolias with an all male cast and a remake of Fat Albert with an all white cast?

Quite repackaging stuff that's already been done and come up with an original idea Hollywood!

The original was pure magic, never to be recaptured.

yah, but the 1st was pretty corny as well. The biggest difference was that it was original and those guys were able to deliver their lines

Dr Ray Stantz: Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here.

Walter Peck: They caused an explosion!

Mayor: Is this true?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes it's true.

[pause]

Dr. Peter Venkman: This man has no dick.

Dr. Peter Venkman: We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft's okay! He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!

When my son, who loves even the original Cartoons for Ghostbusters, looks at the trailer, and says "Dad, that looks really bad", then I know it will suck

The really interesting thing here is that they have already prepared all of their arguments for when the movie bombs.

The director and cast are focusing more on attacking "Male" critics, then they focused on making a decent movie

Also, not sure if you all saw this

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/104704

Nutshell: Sony was going to sue Bill Murray if he didn't promote the movie

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

"This man has no dick" is one of my earliest film memories lol

I agree, remakes are rarely an improvement and a sign of lack of an imagination.

Cape Fear was a good remake though, considering the original was awesome.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The big problem here is that it is entirely possible to revisit this franchise and NOT FUCK IT UP, and still have an all female cast.

Fuck, I did a writeup about how to do it months ago. I need to dig it out again and repost it, as it would work, and stay true to the series

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

It's hard to remake classics, there's such a ravenous nostalgia to them it's almost a death sentence. That said, this would have been better suited as an SNL skit than it's own movie.

• Lesia Jones in particular, who's only talent is being the black stereotype to a "T" on the SNL cast. She's an awful awful comedian.
  • Kate McKinnon is an absolute stud and one of the funnier women I've seen in a decade.
  • Kristen Wiig is solid.
  • I'll probably get some hate for it, but Melissa McCarthy is shit. She's a less funny Chris Farley with a vagina.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

It's hard to remake classics, there's such a ravenous nostalgia to them it's almost a death sentence. That said, this would have been better suited as an SNL skit than it's own movie.

• Lesia Jones in particular, who's only talent is being the black stereotype to a "T" on the SNL cast. She's an awful awful comedian.
  • Kate McKinnon is an absolute stud and one of the funnier women I've seen in a decade.
  • Kristen Wiig is solid.
  • I'll probably get some hate for it, but Melissa McCarthy is shit. She's a less funny Chris Farley with a vagina.

this.

To me she's the equivalent to Adam Sandler. Can be funny in a 2 minute skit, but that's as much as I can tolerate

Nail on the head right there, except Sandler had some gems early on.

And here all this time I thought I was the only one that didn't see the appeal of Melissa McCarthy.

Oh God no, there are loads of us!

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Actually it is a reboot Jay, not a sequel http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/why-is-the-new-ghostbusters-a-reboot-not-a-sequel-let-paul-feig-explainThey made a big deal out of telling people it's not a sequel. No matter though if it were a sequal, reboot, remake, old boot or wtf they want to call it....it's shit :lol:

Well shit, why does the trailer start with this them: “30 years ago, four scientists saved New York. This summer, a new team will answer the call.”

Now you have crap promotion to go with their crap movie.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Now you have crap promotion to go with their crap movie.

Bingo! lol. Everything about that film sucks, even the promo's.

And PlasticGaming you are dead on with comparing her to Adam Sandler, that's a perfect comparison. I'm not a Sandler fan at all, but I at least liked him in the Longest Yard remake. That was it though.

And PlasticGaming you are dead on with comparing her to Adam Sandler, that's a perfect comparison. I'm not a Sandler fan at all, but I at least liked him in the Longest Yard remake. That was it though.

Eh, Eh, Eh, Eh, what am I, chop liver :)