Black Ops 1 Xbox One

J4MES OX4D

Saw a 13,400% sales jump thanks to backwards compatibility http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/call_of_duty_black_ops/news/call_of_duty_black_ops_sales_jump_13_000_following_xbox_one_backward_compatibility_update.html

Wish I had an Xbox One as I bet the community is buzzing now unlike Black Ops III...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played about 11 minutes of Zombies since it became a mode and I just never understood the appeal. I'm not saying it's bad but I had way more fun in that top down 3rd person shooter zombie mode you activated from that computer console.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I've played about 11 minutes of Zombies since it became a mode and I just never understood the appeal. I'm not saying it's bad but I had way more fun in that top down 3rd person shooter zombie mode you activated from that computer console.

I was working 3rd shift at the time. My partner and I would play it for hours. We'd try different strategies and see how far we could get. Kept us busy. Good memories.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I'm sorry but that's just plain wrong.

Yep, I actually think it's one of the best in the series and corrected the countless flaws MW2 had. I did love the latter but OMA, quickscoping, glitches, commando, deathstreaks and other issues were a problem throughout. It was also an easy game - 4 kills = AC130 pretty much. Black Ops was a welcome change after months of hell on MW2 as it came to a close. Shame the hit detection and general connection was shite as it always is on Treyarch games but the maps of BO1, guns and everything else was fantastic. 

Sorry, but if you can't play an ONLINE game due to its crappy connection, then it's shit. Lol sure it corrected things, but what's the point if it played horrible?

I remember the locale only option being a godsend but I only selected this after christmas when I realised it existed :lol: The 360 version ran pretty well in the end but I remember the PS3 one had massive issues throughout and when Teryarch did finally release a performance patch; the PSN outage happened :(

Sorry, but if you can't play an ONLINE game due to its crappy connection, then it's shit. Lol sure it corrected things, but what's the point if it played horrible?

I had many days played on blops and I don't remember much of a problem with connection, I'm guessing there will have been a problem but I played core in blops something I struggle with in both blops2 and 3.

Love Blops, best DLC in the series too. Kowloon how I love thee.

Yeah, the maps were pretty amazing on BO - you had the likes of Summit, WMD, Grid, Firing Range, Array, Radiation and even Nuketown and then the DLC maps like Drive In, Hotel, Kowloon, Stadium, Hanger 18 off the top of my head. Not only were the maps nice and varied but they worked incredibly well in all the modes on offer. Even utter crap like Crisis was pretty good for Domination, CTF and SnD. 

Pity we don't see that consistent quality now and Treyarch seem to be too focused on this 3 lane shite and making maps the sizes of shoeboxes. Even the larger ones from BO were great as they enticed players into key areas and you could be more tactically creative with flanking. Now it's just a nade spam fest and matches being done and dusted in minutes with mindless shooting. You had to work for your kills and the win in BO. 

Aside from the fact the lag was out of control, I thought BO1 was decent, but not great. I disagree about the maps; I thought they were mediocre at best. The weapons all sounded like toy guns and as far as graphics and smoothness, it was a step backward from MW2. I feel like it lacked innovation and the biggest thing it had going for it was that it righted some of MW2's perceived wrongs. Ymmv

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I'm sorry but that's just plain wrong.

How can that be wrong? Out of all the shooters I've played it was by far the most boring. Boring maps, boring mechanics, boring guns. It's my opinion based on games I've played. It's your opinion that the game was great. Neither is right or wrong, that's why they're opinions.

How can that be wrong? Out of all the shooters I've played it was by far the most boring. Boring maps, boring mechanics, boring guns. It's my opinion based on games I've played. It's your opinion that the game was great. Neither is right or wrong, that's why they're opinions.

Then maybe next time you should add it's your opinion your post read as fact.

Then maybe next time you should add it's your opinion your post read as fact.

I would think that goes without saying.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Black Ops was the most boring shooter of all time. They know everyone wants MW2, so I don't understand why they refuse to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I loved MW2 but I guess you have forgotten about

1) Commando + Lightweight + Marathon with a tactical knife

2) Noob tubes with danger close and scavenger

3) claymores with scavenger

4) Death streaks

People forget what they complained bitterly about

BO1 was a good game with shitty execution in my opinion. Connections were horrible. All 3arc connections have been horrible for me anyways

4) Death streaks

5) Stacking killstreaks

4 kills w/hardline = AC130 pretty much guaranteed. I had to stop using the high end ones just to make the game interesting in the end as it was too easy. At least in Black Ops 1 you had to work to get up the ladder. If you saw someone with Harriers who didn't have a Pred missile; they were on a nuke streak essentially that they'd just camp out and if someone gained a predator missile; it was a chopper/AC130 incoming. 

4) Death streaks

I didn't actually have a problem with any of those things. They were fun and helpful for lesser players. The removal of them I see as pandering to the tryhards who get butthurt when a 'scrub' messes up their streak.

As for stacking kilkstreaks, again, it helps lesser players achieve streaks they otherwise would not be able to. Good players are going to get their kilkstreaks anyway. The emphasis placed recently on deterring camping with mechanics like Ghost doesn't work if you stay still too long is even more pandering to the run and gun players with good twitch skill.

*Shrugs* can't make everyone happy