PS4 advice/tips

phil bottle

So, looks like next Tuesday I will be a PS4 noob.

Black Ops will come with the console and I'll probably pick up the latest PES too.

Now most of you guys have been using the PS4 for a while, do you have any tips, advice, things to do, things to avoid? How is the Sony UI, easy to use? Do you have party chat outside of games like Xbox live?

PC will always be my main machine, I can't afford to but too many £50 PS4 games, when I can get them all for less than half that price on PC, but I'll be looking out for games I can jump into with other FGers.

Any game suggestions? Maybe Destiny?

Future-wise I'm looking forward to the new Mass Effect and maybe Division games.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yeah Phil, about time! ;)

At this moment in time everyone seems to be playing Blops3 mostly although people are still playing Destiny but they suck  :P

I'd love for everyone to get a decent car game that we can play together, i hear the new Need for Speed i going to be pretty damn good.

Maybe Rocket League, i know you have it on PC but hey  :D

although people are still playing Destiny but they suck  :P

And I thought you was a nice guy Rich.... :(

Nice one Phil...Party chat is not game dependant but is limited to 8 players...which is enough in all honesty as sometimes you can't hear yourself think, 'specially if Dave's in the house!! :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Phil my boy. Get ye a charging station and a second controller 'cause the battery life blows (and I turn off rumble, which I assume would shorten it even further).

You'll get free games each month from PS+ (if you get PS+ that is) and Sony does have some decent flash sales. I suggest you subscribe to their blog.

I don't know you as a gamer, so I'm not sure what to suggest for games, but some you might consider: The Last of Us, Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, Destiny, and Black Ops 3.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I did the cable thing until I got a second controller for Christmas. I don't mind the cables from my headset, but for whatever reason, I don't like my controller being tethered.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

The charging station and second controller would be my biggest tip as well. Some people have also had issues with their thumb pads wearing down on the analog sticks but I haven't seen any wear since I bought the PS4 in 2014.

Both mine wore down and I had to use blu-tack when I wanted to fit a set of Kontrol Freeks

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork