Bandwidth

NCA-Paendrag

So I'm a bit confused with 3arcs connection speeds. I have a 30/10 line and the PS4 is doing 26/5. Still the game tells me I have 4,1 download speed. No wonder I lag if 3arc is only giving me this speed.

What speed are you getting?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Connection speeds mean fuck all in Treyarch games now with their aggressive lag compensation and you'll find that the better internets in the lobby get punished by the laggers so people's speeds get manipulated to be comparable with the worst connection in the lobby. The fact that the general matchmaking isn't great regardless just increases the amount of users who get dragged down. I actually miss the host advantage days as there was only one person with an advantage in the match as opposed to now where the entire lobby plays at a disadvantage with a deliberately distorted connection quality. All the ping numbers and in-game smoothness are merely a smokescreen to convince users they are in a solid match whereas they are likely to playing up to a second off the pace because the algorithms used against weak connections have been stretched and tampered to buggery. The general netcode shoddiness doesn't help either. 

Well, it isn't even smooth for me. People are sometimes hopscotching and my sights are acting edgy and sometime have a mind of its own.

Now talking about the sights is setting totally different. The aim assist does some weird shit in this game. Sometimes it will grab and I will be pointing at the sky. Other times if I'm scoped in on one person and another comes into the frame it will grab the other guy. This actually is my biggest complaint on the game

Your local connection doesn't have anything to do, up to a point, with how you connect to any server in the world.

You have to remember that you do NOT have a 1:1 connection with that server.

From my current location, going to www.callofduty.com, I have to pass through 9 servers first.

I have no idea what the actual IP is for the game, but I imagine it is at least as many, if not more, servers in between.

You should only be 1-2 servers away from your ISP's when you measure traffic for your 60/20 connection, or whatever, but it is the other servers that fuck your connection. Not to mention, when you are playing Multiplayer, you also have to take into consideration how many servers between you, the host, and then the other players.

This is why CoD will ALWAYS have shitty connection issues.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Most online games suffer that tbh, it's just that they find ways around it, like longer TTK.

Most online games have Dedicated servers that everyone connects to, and that parses out information. 

The need to worry your connection to an every changing host is ZERO in games like Battlefield, or Destiny, or WoW, or Daoc, or Eq2, or Guild wars, or Wildstar, or EVE, or Elder Scrolls, or Final Fantasy, or Team Fortress, or Mechwarrior Online, or.... Do I really need to continue?

You know this, stop being silly.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Most online games have Dedicated servers that everyone connects to

I saw the other day that the PS4 and Xbox One versions as well as the old gen still primarily utilize P2P instead of users having access to dedicated servers across the board in BO3.

If this is the case; billion dollar franchise but cheapskate execution as usual. Stable dedicated servers with manual or fluent automatic matchmaking should be mandatory really. 

All of CoD is P2P servers. 

It is one of the reasons I stopped after Bo2, and will stick with BF from now on

All of CoD is P2P servers. 

It is one of the reasons I stopped after Bo2, and will stick with BF from now on

Advanced Warfare did use a mixture of dedicated servers and P2P although still more reliant on the latter but I'm sure I read an interview that Treyarch were implementing dedicated servers for all current gen systems. Probably just the usual marketing ploy. The PC version has full dedicated server support for BO3 but the matchmaking standard pretty much ruins it regardless. 

I read somewhere that they are a mix of dedicated servers and P2P servers. That it depends on what gives you the best connection. So if you are getting a better ping off of a dedicated server you will play off it and vice versa.

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/status/665233385644761089

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/3sn2sk/looks_like_a_server_fix_is_inbound/

"We found and fixed a bug that should have filtered high ping results.  Should be better."  - David V.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Guess I'll give it a go tomorrow. See if I can get a kill with 2 shots with the Gorgon and not 4 hitmarkers which was the case last night.

There's a Gorgon nerf incoming too, so that might not be the best test.  

:)

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I wish I could actually record what I get and see. It's pathetic. I Unloaded 2 mags worth on ammo in a guys head tonight on Aquarium where B flag is.  He then manage to kill me without me even hearing a shot. Weapon wasn't silenced and we both had he AK. I was up the stairs so range was medium.

I remember BO2 being even worst for me at first. With some luck they will fix it. There seems to be a lot of people complaining about similar problems. 

Questions mainly for Pat and Brede,are you hardwired in or run on wifi? When is the last time you set up your network on the PS4? I know with chip,he's on wifi and every now and then his connection goes to crap. We reset it up and its fine again. Just a suggestion but try doing that.

Questions mainly for Pat and Brede,are you hardwired in or run on wifi? When is the last time you set up your network on the PS4? I know with chip,he's on wifi and every now and then his connection goes to crap. We reset it up and its fine again. Just a suggestion but try doing that.

I'm hardwired. PS4 speedtest says everything is fine.

I wish I could actually record what I get and see. It's pathetic. I Unloaded 2 mags worth on ammo in a guys head tonight on Aquarium where B flag is. He then manage to kill me without me even hearing a shot. Weapon wasn't silenced and we both had he AK. I was up the stairs so range was medium.

I remember BO2 being even worst for me at first. With some luck they will fix it. There seems to be a lot of people complaining about similar problems.

Pat, if you press the share button after something like this happens and then save videoclip you can then easily cut it with the Sony SharePlay app thingy on the ps4 and upload your clip for us to see. It always record the last 15 minutes of gameplay.

Forum Signature Test.png