TTK 1st Impressions

Stretch616

So after a couple of missions with Justin into the main story arc i am buzzing!! They seem to have finally nailed the lore, action, rpg, cutscenes and all the other elements. I'm really excited to see where it leads.

What does everyone else think after day 1?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took all day to download for me. Don't know why, my internet is pretty darn fast and my other computers were working fine.

Haven't even got to try it yet

Playstation servers overloaded with people doing the same.

I wanna read more about Eris. She's a doll.

Anyone with quick info?

I have enjoyed TTK a lot thus far. I'm just enjoying leveling. It's so refreshing. Hope to get in some games with you guys soon. I usually do the story alone so I can try and pay attention.

I completed the story on my Warlock. The story was really well done. Loved the cut scenes. Cade-6 is the man. He should of been in the game more. My only complaint is the story is short. Finished in about three or four hours. Really enjoyed it.

I've dropped three legendary engrams for it,all gauntlets. Just my luck. Did get a legendary artifact. Ready to jump into the Dreadnot more. Explore around.

I'm almost done with the story I'm liking it so far I can't wait to do some strikes to see how boss fights work plus a big thing I like is it feels I'm actually moving forward and the cutscenes actually give some context to what we are doing and it fleshes out some of the npcs I can't wait to see more of what TTK has to offer

Definitively rusty. I can't remember half the stuff (switching to heavy weapons for example :) )

I go my level 29 warlock going, I'll probably use the consumable to upgrade my level 2 titan to something more usable

Then I need to understand how all the rest of the stuff works. I haven't  done any of the TTK stuff. Still doing darkness below (I think)

To me there seems to be a lot of  "glitches" going into the game if you were playing since the DLCs. Nothing earth shattering but not seamless either

Other than Battlefield or CoD, I tend to judge games based on what my son thinks.

He wasn't really into Destiny at first, he would have rather watched me kill the "My little ponies" in Diablo 3 instead of running strikes. 

That being said, he was there when I started playing TTK, and immediately went nuts. He has been my shadow in the game for the last two nights, and I let him choose what mission I run. 

He keeps wanting me to run the starting mission on Phobos. It has really been awesome to see him soak up the dialogue and visuals, and he even started incorporating parts of it into his own stories.

For my son, Bungie really nailed it with the Dimensional rifts. My son loves reading about Dark Energy and the Multiverse Theory, and the game now really plays up to that.

So that being said, I have to thank Bungie for making a better game than what we had.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Other than Battlefield or CoD, I tend to judge games based on what my son thinks.

He wasn't really into Destiny at first, he would have rather watched me kill the "My little ponies" in Diablo 3 instead of running strikes.

That being said, he was there when I started playing TTK, and immediately went nuts. He has been my shadow in the game for the last two nights, and I let him choose what mission I run.

He keeps wanting me to run the starting mission on Phobos. It has really been awesome to see him soak up the dialogue and visuals, and he even started incorporating parts of it into his own stories.

For my son, Bungie really nailed it with the Dimensional rifts. My son loves reading about Dark Energy and the Multiverse Theory, and the game now really plays up to that.

So that being said, I have to thank Bungie for making a better game than what we had.

Great post Bart.

My first impressions... 9/10. This is what the game should have been. I'm loving everything so far. There's so much new stuff, I don't know what to even do. I love the feeling of starting over with weapons and armor. Didn't think I would, but now that I'm back in the chase for new and better stuff, I'm hooked again. I think they've added several more months worth of material for me to keep playing. Good job, Destiny.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Top job done. Back to school feeling all over and I'm thankful for having the chance to know this time round not to hammer the content like i did previously. There's enough content there now.

And it will be great to run enjoyable strikes and raids again.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

The more I play the more I'm enjoying it. The content is really good. The addition of quest is what the game neefed. Then the way they streamlined the whole thing together makes me feel like they are actually listening to the comunity.

I deleted my other two characters- a titan and a warlock. Honestly the only reason I was playing them before was because there wasn't much to do. The way the game is set up now I have plenty of stuff to do each week on my hunter alone to have to worry about doing it again on two characters. Overall I really enjoy all of the quality of life improvements. I enjoy the infusion mechanic way more than the etheric light or the reforge options. I watched the entire raid playthrough on King Gothalion's stream today starting at noon and the raid is just how vault of glass was that first time people step into it.

Puzzles, tight timers and mechanics and there seems to be no single way one person can carry the raid.

Overall I am loving the game, and as I became a little more laid back and casual it's even better.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD