Last movie you watched

Drifter

LOLZ that took me a minute to realize you meant James Spader, but referenced one of the characters he played.

I thought they did the CGI really well, it being a super hero movie and all. The Pre-CGI Ultron was pretty cool:

90d2c960-b40b-11e3-a96c-0dc545a20358_spl

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I enjoyed it but I thought the twins were fucking stupid, they belong in Twilight or some shit with their dumbass vampire thing they had going on. And that superhero thing that they made out of Jarvis may as well have been an animated tampon, what a fucking pathetic sob story of a hero. 

I have read no comics, so I am simply commenting on the film.

banlol.png

I enjoyed it but I thought the twins were fucking stupid, they belong in Twilight or some shit with their dumbass vampire thing they had going on. And that superhero thing that they made out of Jarvis may as well have been an animated tampon, what a fucking pathetic sob story of a hero. 

I have read no comics, so I am simply commenting on the film.  Nor did I pay attention to their history in the movie.So ignore any bullshit I type here as I don't know anything about the characters. 

Fixed that for you

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Finally watched Guardians of the Galaxy last week. I rather enjoyed it. Usually those types of movies don't appeal much too me, but I liked the fact that it was different. Rather then the way so many movies today are remakes or rehashed stuff that have been done so many times before, this one actually was something different which is always a plus for me. Enjoyed it much more than I expected I would.

Yea GoTG was amazing fun. Next to Deadpool, it is my wife's favorite superhero movie.

If you want something a shade different as well, check out Winter Soldier. 

EDIT: This was for Drifter:

That sucks man, my son and I thoroughly enjoyed Pixels.

I get why folks don't like it though

Peter Dinklage's character was based off of Billy Mitchell. I had the pleasure of meeting him at a Pinball convention in Orlando a few years ago, It was shocking how accurate Dinklage was.

Yeah Adam Sandler is one of those guys where you either enjoy his style of comedy or you hate it. I've tried to get into some of his movies but he just doesn't really appeal to me as an actor. I like Peter Dinklage though, he cracked me up in Elf :D

I can't think of a role Dinklage has been in that I haven't enjoyed him.

Sandler is better than Kevin James for me. 

He was alright in Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

Sandler was funny in Happy Gilmore, that's about it for me. I find him incredibly unfunny, but then I tend to have a very dark sense of humour. 

Here's a link for The Big Short. This is my own personal Dropbox and I've verified the file safe so go ahead if you want it. The film is excellent, hands down one of my favourite of all time. I can't stand Christian Bale, nor can I stand Steve Carrell, and I absolutely fucking loathe Ryan Gosling, but if there was ever a film to change my mind, this was it. Seriously, download it and watch it. I wouldn't usually share something like this but it'd be a shame if you guys didn't get to watch this film. The subject matter will make people turn their nose up so I'm keeping quiet about it, here's a trailer:

EDIT: Right click the vid and choose "save as" to save it. Stick it on a USB and plug it in to your telly :)

banlol.png

^^ great movie, one of my favorites from last year.  you'll enjoy it in spite of yourself and the subject matter -- they even bring in "special guests" to help explain some of the complexities.  :lol:

what made it extra appealing was that going into it you're familiar with all the names involved, but everyone's doing something slightly different than what you're used to seeing them do.  Brad Pitt's this schlubby one-note character who isn't constantly stealing the show, Carell's character couldn't be farther from Brick Tamland or Michael Scott, and Gosling is straight up funny.  Adam McKay (director) is probably the most surprising . . . it must've been a long road from Anchorman to this, and now i can't wait to see what his next movie will be.  basically you could take any name involved in this project and sell the movie to someone by saying "Featuring ___________, like you've never seen him before!" and it would be true.  surprisingly good stuff.

I was curious how it was. 

Personally, I would like the series to continue. Lets follow him around as he follows in his dad's footsteps. Times and society has changed enough that I think it could be a great story

(also, I think I am odd in that I don't enjoy Rocky movies at all, but I enjoy the type of story they show)