Last movie you watched

Drifter

Finally got to see "No Country for Old Men" recently. I have to say it's a must watch film. Hard to say if it's for everyone, but it's unique in many ways and worth watching. 9.5/10

Mad Max: Fury Road

The wife and I picked the 3d version of this up to add to our collection, and it was decent. Wouldn't rush out to get it, but good action/great visuals.7/10

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Watched all of the Harry Potter movies over the past few weeks with my girlfriend. I wish magic was real!!

If you ever find your way to Universal Studios in Orlando, you will believe it's real.  The Harry Potter sections of Universal and Islands of Adventure are absolutely incredible.  

No, just..... No. No.

hey, don't be a repliCANT, be a repliCAN.

I will never understand why that movie needs a sequel. It was 100% perfect 

$$$.  also, American audiences can't handle ambiguous endings.

Have you seen it before or was this the first time? Because as much of a classic as that movie is said to be, I actually have never watched it (thought I was the only one lol)

drugs help.

Couple of months back I read a book called 'into thin air'. True story about a disaster on Everest in 1996. Was incredible, one if those few books I could hardly put down. I thought what a great film that would make, and by utter coincidence they have made it

Going to see Everest tonight, can't wait

i mean if someone were to start a Kubrick thread i'd nerd out all over it probably. 

but Drifter, 2001 is definitely . . . open to interpretation.

I love that Kubrick directed Kirk Douglas in Spartacus back in 1960

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Couple of months back I read a book called 'into thin air'. True story about a disaster on Everest in 1996. Was incredible, one if those few books I could hardly put down. I thought what a great film that would make, and by utter coincidence they have made it

Going to see Everest tonight, can't wait

Into Thin Air is a great book, I picked it up back in the spring and am just about done reading it, have about 50 pages left. It's written by John krakauer whom also wrote the book Into the Wild so that's why I picked it up back in the spring. I'm going to probably go see "Everest" at the show as well this week.

^haven't even bothered with that. Looks fucking terrible.

Spectre.

Brilliant opening scene, really well done but still a fairly large fuck you to physics and well, common sense. Proper Bond style over-the-top-ness™. This is followed by Sam Smith whining like a cunt for the next five minutes to a backdrop of the usual someone-needs-to-lay-off-the-LSD display.

What follows is quite possibly one of the clunkiest, most forced, over the top, tired films I've ever seen. Throughout the whole film - every gimmick, every set piece, every twist, I can't help but think this is done. It's old. It's tired. It's just finished, it's time to move on. At numerous points during the film I was tempted to walk out but persevered to see what would happen, and yet another done-before piece would take place leaving me waiting again. 

Once home I did a bit of reading on it and read that Spectre was trying to squeeze references from all 23 prior Bonds in to one film which made perfect sense. It just didn't flow well, it's like they forced them in and completely forgot about the plot at times. The scenes / locations were all over the place, we're in Rome. No, now we're in London. Now we're in North Africa. London again. I don't even.

I suspect that had I watched the previous films more religiously or even read a book or two that it would've possibly been much more enjoyable but as someone who isn't really a Bond fan, I thought it was shit. 

And Daniel Craig can hang up his coat now, he's served his purpose. Someone should tally up how many times he's fixed his cuffs or done up his jacket in his Bond films, should be good for a lol as it's so fucking obvious. 

No. Just no.

Skyfall was a million times better.

Man from UNCLE was brilliant, watch it.

banlol.png