BO3 beta

J4MES OX4D

I was thrown PC tokens for some reason, I've got 6, used 2, didn't even apply for the codes for PC.

I think if you have Black Ops 2 or later games installed you get in anyway, at least that seems to be a thing. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played for an hour on PC. Five games and two game winning kills later I'm liking it.

Without messing with the settings I've been getting 80-90 FPS.

Stuck to the first submachine gun, can't remember the name, and it tears people up. 

It runs really well for me. I'm playing on my 360 controller and the aim assist seems to be doing its job.

I'm off work until Tuesday so I'll be playing this a lot. :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Played for an hour on PC. Five games and two game winning kills later I'm liking it.

Without messing with the settings I've been getting 80-90 FPS.

Stuck to the first submachine gun, can't remember the name, and it tears people up. 

It runs really well for me. I'm playing on my 360 controller and the aim assist seems to be doing its job.

I'm off work until Tuesday so I'll be playing this a lot. :)

I'll be in-game later Phil also armed with a 360 controller. I can't believe I spent £40 on pre-ordering this for the beta only to already have a key because I own previous COD's :rolleyes: Oh well, I've got two spare guest passes now so I'll start lobbing them out B)

I'll take one ONLY if nobody else wants it. I'm having a tooth pulled tomorrow so will be in pain and I'm away this weekend, but I'd still like to give it a shot. If for no other reason than to flex my pc's muscles a bit, it hasn't had strain in about a year!

If you know people who will get decent mileage out of a code rather give it to them though.

banlol.png

I'll take one ONLY if nobody else wants it. I'm having a tooth pulled tomorrow so will be in pain and I'm away this weekend, but I'd still like to give it a shot. If for no other reason than to flex my pc's muscles a bit, it hasn't had strain in about a year!

If you know people who will get decent mileage out of a code rather give it to them though.

You already have automatic access Dave as you already own a COD game on record so you can just install the beta from your library without needing a code. 

Aimbot clear as day. Pre-order cancelled. Refund requested. PC thrown out in the rubbish. Samaritans called.  I don't know why I bother sometimes

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/693906639084096714/D691A434E501DD0FA3BA12E23153E145A697D6EE/

Ha ha honours were even I think, you caught me with my pants down on one occasion, shooting a man in the back....deary me....lol....you managed to top three all the games we played ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

you caught me with my pants down on one occasion, shooting a man in the back

giphy.gif

:lol: Cheers Phil! Some good games just then - typically the one time were on the same bloody team; we're lumbered with a bunch of noobs :rolleyes: If it weren't for them dying all the time; we would have nailed that match single handily!

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/693906639084097416/F4F6620CABD36B8D867B9AB8F2CD45157006C905/

:lol: Cheers Phil! Some good games just then - typically the one time were on the same bloody team; we're lumbered with a bunch of noobs :rolleyes: If it weren't for them dying all the time; we would have nailed that match single handily!

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/693906639084097416/F4F6620CABD36B8D867B9AB8F2CD45157006C905/

Yep, I was 10 and 2 at one point but idiots in our team didn't have a clue. Isn't that always the way :lol: it's usually me..

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

We were also about 15 points down and even turned it around to lead by about 3 points until they started repeatedly dying :(

I've sent a gift code to Joe which he's just informed me that he's received and will install later. I've gifted Jordie but not sure if he's noticed it in his inventory yet. Diddums is eligible also and Harrison has just joined so hopefully we can get a team going later on if I'm still awake. I will be back shortly though after a little break and a catch up on my breakfast B)

Sorry I had to jump off, especially after going 19 - 6.   B)

I'm finding PC players less savvy playing COD so far compared to the sweatiness of the 360. 

I have to pop out for a few sherbets but I'll be back on later.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Sorry I had to jump off, especially after going 19 - 6.   B)

I'm finding PC players less savvy playing COD so far compared to the sweatiness of the 360. 

I have to pop out for a few sherbets but I'll be back on later.

That was an MLG performance there Phil ;) No worries; you left just before some crippling lag came into play so I departed the game after. Will be on a bit later I hope B)

I've played nearly 4 hours or so on the beta and BO3 seems a really decent game. I don't think it will rejuvenate the series to the heights that it once held but it will certainly bring a lot of people back and keep them playing for many months after release. The mechanics are easy to use and very smooth. The grounded gameplay as opposed to the verticality of Advanced Warfare just makes it so much better. The game also feels more relaxed as opposed to an absolute sweat-fest that AW was. I just found that game exhausting to play with the constant fast pace and the using of and playing against the exo abilities. BO3 feels like a sensible Call of Duty despite the far-futuristic setting. Nice to see some of the classic scoretreaks return although some seem really OP and the UAV is a bit easy to earn in objective matches. Some of the perks and specials are also a bit generous or too powerful but it's nothing that can't be addressed. The heart of the game is definitely that of a solid CoD title though that may need some tweaks and balances prior to release. 

The guns seem interesting to use and varied. I'm liking the ARK-7 which feels like your classic AK-47. Looking forward to unlocking more. The leveling does seem much slower although there is 10 prestiges and 55 levels. I was still level 1 after my first game which was a full one and am only level 15 at this time. I could get to level 20 in about 4 matches on BO2 but I must have played 25 so far in BO3 and it seems more like an MW2 grind. Don't mind this though - at least people wont be Prestige Master come the first week of December and the developers then having to add another 10-15 prestiges more. Treyarch have already confirmed they wont do this so hopefully there's good incentive to keep playing a long duration and trying to reach max prestige without doing it in the first month. 

The maps seem decent - only got access to three so far; Hunted, Evac and Combine. The spawns need to serious work though. The major concern has been the lag so far along with inconsistent bullet detection. These are famed negatives from previous CoD games that seem to plague Treyarch since the original Black Ops. This needs serious addressing by release else it could have a very bad affect right off the bat. 

I played for about an hour last night and had a blast! A few matches running the first LMG and it was like I never stopped playing; breaking an even 1.00 or -1 kill every match :lol: The map with the waterfall that you can jump through, cling to the wall and use to flank the spawns made the beta for me. Plus it looks and runs great on my PC with the highest settings. I havent messed around too much with field of view but that was a big gripe of mine on console so I'm happy to have the option.

I agree with you James the spawn points are easily exploited but I like the swimming, double jump, run slide and wall climb.The lag and poor bullet ditection are still a force to be aggrevated by, less so than on console IMO and its a beta, but all in all it was ok and seemed to be the same for everyone. We'll have to join forces and test how terrible a UK/US connection is. :D

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

I played for about an hour last night and had a blast! A few matches running the first LMG and it was like I never stopped playing; breaking an even 1.00 or -1 kill every match :lol: The map with the waterfall that you can jump through, cling to the wall and use to flank the spawns made the beta for me. Plus it looks and runs great on my PC with the highest settings. I havent messed around too much with field of view but that was a big gripe of mine on console so I'm happy to have the option.

I agree with you James the spawn points are easily exploited but I like the swimming, double jump, run slide and wall climb.The lag and poor bullet ditection are still a force to be aggrevated by, less so than on console IMO and its a beta, but all in all it was ok and seemed to be the same for everyone. We'll have to join forces and test how terrible a UK/US connection is. :D

Glad you're enjoying it so far Joe! There was an update earlier and the game seems to be running much smoother also. Are you using the KB+M setup or are you using a 360 pad like me and fellow console noob Phi?l :ph34r:

Good to hear! I'm all about the 360 controller also. :D I was holding my own against keyboarders so it’s not a disadvantage.

Good games a moment ago Joe - 3 matches and 2 wins and the last one we absolutely hammered them :lol: The Anglo-American connection didn't seem too bad in all honesty although that first game was a personal nightmare going 20-20 B)