What's up with Battlefield?

Commander_Undies

Ok, so a new Battlefield gets released once a year around October. So why was Hardline just released? Will there be a Battlefield 5 or is Hardline Battlefield 5? And then with Battlefront in the mix, I'm just confused.

I'm really enjoying Battlefield 4 the past few days... It's one of the few FPS games that I don't mind playing by myself. I was thinking about getting premium with my brother since he is really enjoying it as well. But I don't know what to do with all these battlefield games around.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Hardline have a Premium too? lol 

It has a digital delux and premium. You could end up forking out £100 for this POS. I'll buy it this time next year when it's on sale with all DLC for less than a tenner. Maybe.

It's a real piss-take in my humble opinion.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Hardline was supposed to be released in October but after the disastrous launch of BF4 and the fact EA were gonna be dicked by the competition in Q4; they sensibly put it back by 5 months. BF5 was probably going to launch this year also but I think they will now have a new slot of Q1 from now on which will see it released this time next year.

Hardline is just too pricey for what's on offer. I paid £29.99 for BF4 and £39.99 for Premium which was a lot to blow on a game but there is no way I'll entertain paying £49.99 on Origin and another £39.99 for the Premium for a game that is essentially a spin-off using an old BF4 FB3 engine build that was deemed 'unfit' by DICE! The game isn't as grand or spectacular as BF4 and doesn't enhance the franchise in any which way and the price is a very unattractive proposition that is a huge put-off. I suppose it's a good game in its own right but I couldn't expect to pay more than £25 for what's on offer. BF4 is finally fixed and has a massive player-base and tonnes of maps with traditional modes. 

I think they took a risk because at heart; this isn't a Battlefield game but they've integrated it into the series to make it a recognized IP but kinda shot themselves in the foot in the process by doing this. 

Frankie has a detailed video which hits the mark

Nice post! I will check out the video when I get a chance. I didn't know BF4 at least for PS4 was having issues. I heard about the PC. I really enjoy it, I wanna get premium but I didn't wanna pull the trigger if they were gonna release another battlefield anytime soon.

I'd definitely get BF4 Premium for the PS4 Mike - still looks like there are a decent amount of players playing and the additional maps are great. You could probably pick up the Premium package for $25 I imagine. I think Hardline will fizzle out in the coming months and people will go back to BF4 that aren't playing already. 

I'd definitely get BF4 Premium for the PS4 Mike - still looks like there are a decent amount of players playing and the additional maps are great. You could probably pick up the Premium package for $25 I imagine. I think Hardline will fizzle out in the coming months and people will go back to BF4 that aren't playing already.

$25 would be a steal. I keep seeing $50 everywhere. :(

$25 would be a steal. I keep seeing $50 everywhere. :(

Oh bugger! It looks like the price has gone up again - it was £14.99 recently for the upgrade in the UK and a comparable $25 in the US. That's a shame. Even at full price; you do get a lot on offer if you are committed to the game but it maybe worth hanging on and see if it drops again in the coming weeks.  

Oh bugger! It looks like the price has gone up again - it was £14.99 recently for the upgrade in the UK and a comparable $25 in the US. That's a shame. Even at full price; you do get a lot on offer if you are committed to the game but it maybe worth hanging on and see if it drops again in the coming weeks.

Yeah, I might just do that. Thanks :)

There definitely are mixed opinions between love and hate no real middle ground were reviews are concerned best idea I think if you didn't get to play the beta is watch gameplay.

I played the both betas after the second one I decided to buy it, thing is i know to some it's a significant outlay not so much to me as I knew I would more than get my monies worth, could I go play bf4 with traditional modes yes but I've got hundreds of hours in that and haven't played it since destiny dropped and dom was my favourite mode, so this scratches my ex cod fanboy itch :)

Is it brilliant nope but imo it's good and it's fun so far and for me it's a nice change to destiny.

However if you've got and like different types of games probably best to look elsewhere.

Somebody wake me up when Bad Company 3 comes out.

I'm not even sure that will save the franchise for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the series, BFBC2 was awesome, BF3 was great once the initial dust had settled, but BF4 was such a clusterfuck it just wasn't worth it in hindsight. I still have issues with it on PC and my PC is no slouch. It's just a shambles. If any other person, in any other line of work, had let such a product get past quality control, they'd be on their arse. Yet we as gamers just suck it up and let these corps fist us so fucking hard every time.

I shudder at the thought of handing cash over for games nowadays because of all the bullshit we have to put up with.

I'm not even going to list them all, but things like microtransactions (Evolve anyone?), day one DLC, day one patches, sub-par connection issues, etc etc are the bane of gaming nowadays. Don't even get me started on early release bullshit. Pay for a fucking Alpha? Fuck right off.

Grrrrr.

banlol.png

I'm not even sure that will save the franchise for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the series, BFBC2 was awesome, BF3 was great once the initial dust had settled, but BF4 was such a clusterfuck it just wasn't worth it in hindsight. I still have issues with it on PC and my PC is no slouch. It's just a shambles. If any other person, in any other line of work, had let such a product get past quality control, they'd be on their arse. Yet we as gamers just suck it up and let these corps fist us so fucking hard every time.

I shudder at the thought of handing cash over for games nowadays because of all the bullshit we have to put up with.

I'm not even going to list them all, but things like microtransactions (Evolve anyone?), day one DLC, day one patches, sub-par connection issues, etc etc are the bane of gaming nowadays. Don't even get me started on early release bullshit. Pay for a fucking Alpha? Fuck right off.

Grrrrr.

^ well said Dave! The AAA industry is pretty fucked this minute in time and I can't see it improving.