• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From the second link:  

npociv7iewl8undkhzlp.jpg

Curious about the future of Destiny? Here's a leak you might find interesting—a graphic purporting to lay out what developer Bungie's got planned for the rest of 2015 and beyond.

The image, which has apparently been floating around the internet since October but only drew widespread attention this morning thanks to a massive Reddit thread, shows the already-announced first two DLC packs (The Dark Below and House of Wolves) followed by a larger "expansion" called Comet that's slated for September of next year. After that is something illegible ("Vex" something?) and then something called "Forge of Gods."1

So is it real? One source familiar with Destiny's development told me he believes so—and that there have always been plans to release an expansion next fall with the name Comet—but many of the details may have changed. So the overall gameplan—House of Wolves in March; the bigger Comet this September; two DLC packs after that—could remain the same, but the exact contents of each update are probably still up in the air.

The full breakdown from this image, as determined by Reddit's magnifying glasses:

House of Wolves: three new story missions; one strike; one raid; new PvP maps; the addition of the Reef (where you visit the Queen in the main game). 

Comet: 12 new story missions; three strikes; one raid; one patrol; one public event; three new sub-classes; and the increase of "Base Level" to 30, which will presumably change the Light system quite a bit. Also, a new map called Hive Ship.234

The third DLC pack will also add story missions and strikes; the fourth is all blank on that image.

This all makes sense, of course—and the roadmap fits perfectly both with what I've heard from industry sources and from what we've seen in other Destiny DLC leaks. It's possible the exact numbers will change as Bungie keeps working on this stuff, but it looks like now we've got a full idea of just what's coming this year, not counting free updates and other patches.

You can reach the author of this post at jason@kotaku.com or on Twitter at @jasonschreier.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I'm excited for it, especially Comet. The biggest thing I didn't like about TDB was that there weren't any new areas to explore on patrol. All they need to do is open up the Jovian Complex and Rasputin's bunker and throw a few beacons in there.

So when all is said and done, you'll have to level up your Ice Breaker six times... -____-

Whether you level that or something else does it really make a difference?

They need to add more varied content to do that's basically what this is everything else I'd just shooting stuff no matter what you use.

Whether you level that or something else does it really make a difference?

They need to add more varied content to do that's basically what this is everything else I'd just shooting stuff no matter what you use.

Sorry Jason, i have to agree with Gary on this. Other games don't even give you a chance to do anything like this. You find a gun on a different game its just a gun. No leveling up, just a change of colour maybe. Maybe I'm biased towards destiny but I honestly think they'll decide on a different way to keep gamers on their side by tweaking the annoying things, like they already have started doing (eventually, after HoW expansion, not before).

Think of the bigger picture. Total up the overall missions, strikes, raids, etc. For a console game that its the first of its kind (on console) there is tons of stuff to do according to that picture. I can't wait.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb