pretty good article to read...

Ryan Pedro

I am still playing a lot, but after reading this and all the new problems Bungie has granted us with leveling up, etc, I am not so sure this game is the long-term game for me... seeing I will have to do this process AGAIN in House of Wolves when it comes out is really bumming me out... I enjoy playing the game, but this constant hope on BS  random drops is really starting to wear me out... I will keep playing for now, but I am seriously thinking of looking for the next good game to spend my time playing...

https://games.yahoo.com/news/destinys-dark-below-expansion-punishes-171002860.html

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time I have a fully upgraded titan, there will be nothing but the final bit of the crota raid to do. I'm becoming increasingly pissed off that bungie sold me an expansion pack that has me going over old ground. The story we were promised hasn't happened.

Radiant materials piss me off, buying your way past people that completed vog pisses me off. Advanced players from the original should have been much better off, but they were effectively levelled.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

By the time I have a fully upgraded titan, there will be nothing but the final bit of the crota raid to do. I'm becoming increasingly pissed off that bungie sold me an expansion pack that has me going over old ground. The story we were promised hasn't happened.

Radiant materials piss me off, buying your way past people that completed vog pisses me off. Advanced players from the original should have been much better off, but they were effectively levelled.

agreed!!!

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

This whole xpac is a flop. This isn't an expansion, it's a content patch. In fact, it's a patch of a content patch. I regret buying it, I really do.

I'm already looking for something else to play, I just can't be arsed with this any more. The thing that got me the most is that if you want to do anything, you HAVE to be in a group. Most of the missions and new shit are all party stuff, and attempting to solo it is pointless.

Ah well, Destiny was fun while it lasted. I'll still play it now and then as it's still a good game, and I'll also check out the next expansion given that I regrettably bought a season pass but ultimately I'll be looking elsewhere for my gaming kicks. I really hope Planetside 2 comes out on PS4 soon, that's an awesome game.

Having seen the quality you can get from an expansion pack from WoW, this is a massive kick in the teeth. An expansion on there lasts for at least a year, with free content being added multiple times during that period. Granted you pay monthly for it, but I'd be more than happy to pay a sub for it, whereas here we get fleeced for fuckall content, more grindy bullshit, no rewards or challenges and more RNG, the stuff from which you get renders all your previously hard earned stuff useless.

The kicker for me is that they're already working on Destiny 2. Seriously. Just. Fuck. Off.

banlol.png

I stopped playing a while back because it was too much of a repetitive grind. I'm glad I did.

I'm so tired of killing the F'ing nexus and the Archon priest it's not even funny. 

Now I hear that the special mission (weekly, daily, nightly) are restricted to DLC missions, that's even worst. 

Things got to be pretty bad to when I enjoy Advance Warfare more than I do Destiny

"I've nearly got 3 level 31 characters and I'm now starting to wonder what to do, game almost seems finished, no way am I grinding all that raid stuff to have it become obsolete again.

Will still like to run VoG, crota, weeklies and nightfalls etc as I like the team aspect of it but I can't keep up with all the bounties etc... Might spend some time in crucible."

That's what I wrote on Jason can't do it anymore thread. I hoped to get 1 characters to level 31 at Xmas now I have 2 in a week since dlc launch.

VoG matchmaking would be good it's pretty much a 6 man strike anyway. However I prefer it to crotas end, people took ages to beat VoG not the new raid and that start is just a complete mess, dark maze and thralls.

Thing is I still like the game just need more variety of things to do hope bungie take this onboard and do something about it.

I haven't got round to starting Destiny yet and I probably wont even bother now. My dad has said it's just been a mundane, shallow and repetitive grind amounting to nothing and the DLC is an insult to the wallet that offers nothing new. 

I am bitterly disappointed though because it seems the game is a hugely wasted opportunity. This should have been a open-world MMO and not some socially restrictive game. Consoles are in prime position to hold a true MMO but Destiny seems to be half-baked in everything it proclaims. The contract Bungie and Activision concocted which consists of 4 games and DLC over 10 years is just a cash-whore exercise and it seems the DLC on offer sets the forthcoming standard. They should have done one game like the proven World of Warcraft, made it a vast open world and rolled out weekly content and then focused on proper expansions instead of sequels. Seems they're just looking for ways for people to churn out minimal new things on what is an already tired base-game and using DLC to reap the financial rewards. 

My dad certainly has had his £35's worth but he's pulling the plug on any future content as he doesn't want to blow more money essentially withheld material that offers nothing. As Dave said; them contemplating Destiny 2 already is just a bit of a kick in the teeth. 

Anyone that is a veteran of the various MMO's to come out over the years should really be used to this level of treatment.

Honestly this is par for the course for all MMO's; its one of the main reasons I am a casual player. 

The game is still decent, if you move slowly, set some mini-goals, and then just focus on that.

Like for me on my Titan, I want to get up around 150 marks to buy a new AR from the Quartermaster, I've been working on this for about 3 weeks. Nothing else really matters to me other than raising my DPS.

It makes me sad to see you guys blast through the content so fast that you then grow bored, but I knew it would happen. 

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I didn't break it down as well as this guy, but what he explains is what I've been feeling since the expansion dropped and it has crushed my desire to play.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

It makes me sad to see you guys blast through the content so fast that you then grow bored, but I knew it would happen.

Personally, I wasn't bored, not at all. I still had normal mode VoG stuff I wanted and I had yet to even run VoG hard. I still had gear I was leveling, lots of exotics I didn't have. My problem now is one of discouragement, not boredom.

//I've never played and MMO.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Your infectious discouragement has started to spread. The general feeling on the net is that the xpac was a complete disaster.

Still, you can go and play iron banner for some shit vanguard equaling armour that serves no purpose.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Anyone that is a veteran of the various MMO's to come out over the years should really be used to this level of treatment.

Honestly this is par for the course for all MMO's; its one of the main reasons I am a casual player. 

Destiny isn't a MMO though and that's the problem. It's a FPS game with co-op features that has watered-down elements you'd see in a MMO. In the likes of WOW and games of this nature; you can get away with endless grinding over huge lands and liase with hundreds of new people every day. Loot systems and classes are usually riddled with depth and items aplenty. Also many MMO's have daily updates, challenges and a over-whelming amount of objectives to sift through to level up and it feels a different experience each time. The open worlds and scale in these games never gets tired and expansions add a whole new dimension to the existing base game. From what I've seen of Destiny; it's just performing the same tasks on a very limited backdrop of locations which mimic that of a generic campaign with an MP and Raids aspect thrown into the mix. Also it seems socially restrictive too which doesn't champion any lingering MMO hallmarks. 

Can you all please go  buy a laptop and install wow?

kthnx.

Dude really?

WoW Pioneered the "Lets patch content and make all your old currencies worth shit"

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Yes, but there are still uses for old stuff, most notably transmog. Then there's the fact that the whole of Destiny won't even cover Eastern Kingdoms, let alone Kalimdor, Outland, Northrend and Pandaria. There's a gazillion times more content in one xpac of WoW than there is in almos the whole of destiny.

Granted it's not what it used to be, but Destiny still can't hold a candle to it.

banlol.png

That doesn't mean its better 

all you are doing is trading the Genre, you keep all the same issues, and to be honest, it gets worse with WoW.

Do I really need to post the list of grinding that WoW is?

I mean honestly dude, take off your blinders, and tell me that WoW is not an insane grindfest, with Zero Lore from MoP to WoD.

Tell me the changes they made to professions, Crafted gear, Flying mounts, was good

Tell me that garrisons aren't just a glorified Tablet game now.

Tell me that they didn't kill the Main Faction cities?

Quests that have iLevel requirements?

Tell me you like paying $15 a month for a Chore list/ Second Job

I put together a list of problems that keep cropping up on MMO-Champ, and Reddit/r/WoW.... Dude its 5 pages long and none of them repeat.

The game is shit now. Blizzard clearly has no idea what they are doing and are just phoning it in on a 10 year old game until they can put out WoW 2.0

At least with Destiny, I didn't have to upgrade my PC or shell out cash every month to get fucked.

It seems like I'm in the minority right now with Destiny. To me it's the exact game as before. Still grinding, still pissed about not getting drops,still enjoying the hell out of it. Just a few weeks ago when I was raising hell about the drops,well lack there of you all were the ones that talked me off the proverbial ledge. I was getting left behind because of randomness. It was frustrating and infuriating. I also saw these changes coming. How couldn't they of made not made these changes? They simply could of left the lvl cap at 30,not changed the weapon damage. Then what would you work towards. Nothing! You would get bored with the game and most would of stopped playing.

This game is about two things to me. One is the gear. I want the new stuff. Hell I still want some of the old stuff. Most importantly it's about the time spent with you guys. Laughing and joking. T-Bagging you when you are down. The felling that we actually accomplished something when we beat the VoG for the first time. I hate you guys are feeling this way. Hopefully we will be able to find something else to enjoy together in the future

Okay. Good valid points. All of them. I may be a noob here but what I've seen in a short space of time is some clear facts.

Apart from older CoD games and maybe warframe this is by far the most hours spent in a game between all of us. It is also good to remember this game was out Sept 9th.

Sennex put it well by probably predicting this would be the feeling a few months down the line. IMO you have all had your money's worth. What happens to games when you've burnt the crap out of it? You look at the options left in the game, usually multiplayer capabilities. This is absolutely what this game is about. If you want to play on your own there's the CoD campaign. This game is so enjoyable just being able to have banter with you guys each night. Sure there's little gain probably left in most of your eyes. Turn it into a positive - VoG Hard, VoG speed run, Iron Banner Rank 5, DLC quests, Crota Raid Hard and Normal, the trophies - no-one dying on a raid??

I've missed games for years so maybe I see something easier for me than you guys....in life you should enjoy the moments shared with friends and have a laugh about the small things in games.

Now can we get back beating the shit out of Crota please? [emoji106]

Forum Signature Test.png

I can't speak for WoW but I'll compare it to another MMO. i played ffxi for a few years and, yes it was a major grind, but once you got to a certain level you always felt a sense of accomplishment. Once you hit level 10 you head out to the sand dunes and basically killed stuff with 5 other people until you get to level 25. It took a while but once you got there and had your gear you felt like you had reached a milestone.

Once I hit 30 with one character you felt like that's it. Wait for the dlc to drop. Once you hit 32 you basically have to wait for the next dlc to drop which will ultimately render your current setup useless for the raid. That time any new person can be caught up within two weeks of grinding. Which makes me think, what's the point of getting to 32 when I know that by the time I get there it will be rendered useless?

I like the game but hate the fact that dlc drops and has gear just slightly better. You have to out same amount of effort to level it and same amount of time. That is all it is. Dlc drops, slightly better gear that slightly improves your survivability in the raid. There is nothing special that gives you a sense of accomplishment. Everyday you get on and see the same bounties and kill same things.

The only thing I do like is the raid. The new one has some amazing features. But I'm afraid it will be repetitive within a month or so.

Good post Gazza *like*

Make sure you're about on 29 December! :)

I agree.

I may have my disappointment with this game but no way is it over for me, like all games get repetitive but I look for something to do, I may be done with armour so I'm looking to get weapons,collecting weapons so you will probably find me in crucible looking for a comnendation.

The best thing about this game as said before is teaming up, I've played with more people because of this game both new and old and I'm looking forward to more of it when I finish work for the holidays.

The 29th hopefully will be for me a real gaming highlight.

This game deserves a shit ton of criticism it really does but it's still relaxing and if partied up a lot of fun.

Okay. Good valid points. All of them. I may be a noob here but what I've seen in a short space of time is some clear facts.

Apart from older CoD games and maybe warframe this is by far the most hours spent in a game between all of us. It is also good to remember this game was out Sept 9th.

Sennex put it well by probably predicting this would be the feeling a few months down the line. IMO you have all had your money's worth. What happens to games when you've burnt the crap out of it? You look at the options left in the game, usually multiplayer capabilities. This is absolutely what this game is about. If you want to play on your own there's the CoD campaign. This game is so enjoyable just being able to have banter with you guys each night. Sure there's little gain probably left in most of your eyes. Turn it into a positive - VoG Hard, VoG speed run, Iron Banner Rank 5, DLC quests, Crota Raid Hard and Normal, the trophies - no-one dying on a raid??

I've missed games for years so maybe I see something easier for me than you guys....in life you should enjoy the moments shared with friends and have a laugh about the small things in games.

Now can we get back beating the shit out of Crota please? [emoji106]

This guy gets it. Where's that damn like button.

Well I for one am here and not going anywhere. I've got a few games I'm getting for Christmas and may pick up GTA to play with Chip .

Maybe one day my dreams will come true of a Elder Scrolls game with co-op and a raid type game modes.