RIP Robin Williams

Dr Diamond

I was absolutely shocked when I heard this earlier. Celebrity deaths don't usually phase me much. Not that I am an uncaring person, but rather because I don't care to follow celebrities and the life they lead does not appeal much to me. There have been a few celebrities deaths that have bothered me over the years though, mainly John Ritter, John Denver, Steve Irwin (Croc Hunter) and now Robin Williams. I really liked Robin a lot. Losing him is like a part of my childhood dying because I grew up watching Mork & Mindy and Happy Days, then all his movies. The memories of watching "Mork" while sitting at the table eating a grilled cheese for lunch and drinking a red pop while doing it seem like just yesterday.

Extremely sad, but as shocking as it is, it really should not come as a complete shock. He had recently went back to treatment for alcohol abuse and depression and I know all too well how the throws of that addiction can utterly destroy your mind & spirit. I just wish someone close to him would have seen how bad it must have truly been before it came to this. That's one thing us alcoholics are good at though, hiding things and not telling anyone how bad things really are.

Odd thing is I actually just watched "RV" for about the 6th time yesterday and was thinking while I was watching it how there are just some comedians that will probably never be matched, and he was one of them. Great loss, thanks for all laughs Robin and Godspeed, you'll be truly missed :(

I was watching Jeopardy when breaking news came scrolling across the screen. I read it aloud to my mom since she can't see that far away "Oh my God! Robin Williams died! He committed suicide..." To which she was in shock.

I was suddenly sad when I saw that he died, but I was even more sad when I saw that he did it to himself. I hope he's happy now.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

I was in the shower cooling off froma fever when i heard about it on the radio the day he died.

It was cool to hate on Robin Williams because Family Guy said it was, but even while people around me continued this weird-a$$ disdain for him, I never understood it. I mean, sh*t, have you ever watched Ms. Doubtfire or Good Will Hunting? Great movies, each of them showcasing his wide range in acting chops. Is he eccentric? Of f*cking course he is. He's Robin Williams.

And I loved him for it.

Sigh...

The world is missing a funny man now, and no one out there will be able to fill his shoes.

DM9ON.png

What about him is there to hate on?

I distinctly remember Dead Poets Society being the first movie to move me to (adult) tears and Popeye moving me to (child) tears. I feel the urge to go watch Jumanji.

His wife recently came out and said that he was fighting the early stages of Parkinson's Disease. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/robin-williams-parkinson-disease-medicine-deepened-depression-article-1.1905014

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.