BF Hardline Delayed Until 2015

J4MES OX4D

******Shocking News*******

EA has delayed Battlefield Hardline until early 2015 :o

I'm not massively interested in this game in all honesty, mainly due to the concept and price but it's mildly encouraging to see EA having the bollocks to push the game back based on Visceral's beta feedback. If they release it around March time; we may get a playable game off the bat. They will also stand a chance of selling more copies in what is considered a quieter time of the gaming calendar plus they won't have to compete and ultimately lose to the new Call of Duty regardless of how good their game is. 

I thought this game was fun in the beta but probably not worth the money. The digital deluxe edition is £59.99 as a download whereas I paid £34.99 for the deluxe Battlefield 4 physical copy. Also tax has been raised on digital downloads in the UK and EA have stopped doing physical copies of games on PC. The concept also doesn't push the Frostbite 3 engine further and actually limits the scale leaving it watered-down and not a considerable step forwards, certainly compared to other titles on the horizon. 

I think it's a wise and essential move by EA to restore some confidence especially if the game isn't of an acceptable standard come October but they'll probably get slated for this move too :lol:

Also EA have pushed back Dragon Age Inquisition back to 2015 too. 

Judging from the reaction on the BF forums it seems like it isn't a big loss. 

EA had to announce it yesterday because the announced revenues to the share holders. Having what was believe to be 2 big titles be a dude had to be addressed. EA is already being sued by share holders for not disclosing information that had a negative impact on revenue (the shitty state of major titles mainly). 

Pre-orders for the game were apparently very low. I believe it ranked 18th for upcoming games. I cannot find that reference anymore but it came from a stock market analyst. 

I'm a fan of BF and I wasn't going to get on release day. Too expensive for the actual content. 

BF4's Final Stand DLC has now been pushed back until Xmas which makes sense also. I couldn't see them squeezing it in before October in timely fashion. 

^I don't actually know anyone that's preordered the game but I bet a fair few who did and promptly cancelled that today :lol: