Drifters "Get off my lawn" thread

Drifter

This thread has been long coming lol. I'm gonna update/post here...about all you damn punk kids and why I hate you all ^_^ Be warned, I will not have a language filter here in this post lol...

Let's start out with this. #1 thing that pisses me off today..

Now that my Niece is back in school (shes 16 now) she comes here everyday before her mom picks her up, long story short....I love her to death, she's been "my girl" since the day she was born.....BUT...she's 16 and has Zero respect for any people older than her. When the fuck did this happen in society?? I blame my sister and brother in law for raising her this way IMO. She calls her mom "Tracy' and her dad "Bill"...okay, when the hell did kids start calling Mom & Dad by their first names?? if I did that when I was a kid my parents would have went off on my like no ones business.

A headteacher here in London was fired a while back because he expected the kids in class to stand up when he entered the classroom.

This blew my mind. When I was at school, I had to have my shoes polished, my shirt tucked in, my tie done up, and when the bell went, we had to line up outside the classroom against a wall and await inspection. If your shit wasn't up to standard, you weren't coming in. Upon entering the classroom we'd have to stand at our desks, behind our chairs and wait until our teacher greeted us. Only then did we greet him or her and then he or she would allow us to be seated.

Those were the days. None of this bullshit that kids get away with now. Don't get me wrong, I was still a naughty fucker and took the piss at every opportunity, but at least we learned respect. If only when the teachers were looking.

Kids nowadays have more power than the teachers do. It's fucking ridiculous.

banlol.png

Completely agree! My school life was exactly the same as Dave's, it's all about respect at the end. I'm much happier being nice to people anyway, so works for me.

I've heard kids scream at their parents in the street, to the point where everyone is embarrassed by the whole thing.

This dude that i shared a house with at uni went nutty at his parents, he'd left something back where he used to live and asked his parents to post it to him. Instead of posting it, they drove down to give it to him and to take him out for lunch as a surprise. He went fuckin nutty at them.

"what the fuck are you doing here?"

"i told you to fuckin post it"

"arggghhhh!!!" 

Lots of other noises and more ranting went on. I couldn't believe it, his parent did something so nice for him and that's the gratitude he shows. I felt ill listening to it and even watched his mums heart literally break as he ripped into them and they both stood their looking to the ground not saying a thing. They left pretty sharpish (i should mention it's a 3 hour drive from where they lived, so 6 in total) I soon told him what i thought of him after that and he had the nerve to try and defend himself. The only thing is he wasn't 15 or 16 he was 19 or 20 years old!!!

Gah i'm angry writing this now

Kids nowadays have more power than the teachers do. It's fucking ridiculous.

How true it is bud. My Niece just today was telling me about her teachers and the way she was talking about them was just crazy IMO. Back when I was a kid we my not have liked our teachers, but we damn well showed them respect no matter if we liked them or not. Why?...because we were raised that way damnit.

Talking about teachers and respect. This just goes to show ya how things can happen and why kids need to respect teachers/people. Get this, I'm going fishing next week with my buddy Mark, Mark use to be "Mr Modich" to me years ago. He was my 6th grade teacher back in 1981, yet now 30 yrs later, he's 68 yrs old, but one of my best friends, and I still remember those old days of him being my favorite teacher, but now he comes over for coffee every week and we are fishing buddies. Crazy shit hey.

If we stepped a toe out of line, a textbook hit our heads before the other toes crossed. Manners are a major thing for me. My kids use them and if they forget, I don't let up until they say please and thank you and the like.

I've seen kids these days that make my toes curl. It's horrendous now the point it's gotten to.

8mSoOel.png

You guys crack me up! :) You take the rise outta me because of my age but you all sound like me, had education like me and got brought up like me. :) :) :)

Imma gonna follow this thread with interest!!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Kids are out of control. I can't lie I was a punk bitch from like 13-16 but generally respectful. It's definitely a phase. My ex's son was an angel until he hit 12 and started lying and being a jerk.

I get kids are kids but when they act like animals peoples lack of parenting skills are obvious. IMO people being allowed to reproduce indiscriminately is a problem. Especially ones that aren't fit to care for a child. Like tronic44 said above kids having kids; they're not ready to take care of themselves let alone another human. It's a huge problem here also. People having kids so they can get a home, food, transportation, etc... paid for without having to work. The kids are a reflection of our fucked up world where handouts and excuses are given and made to people who contribute nothing to society creating a never ending downward spiral.

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

On the flip side there are also those kids that have a privileged upbringing, spoilt beyond belief you only have to see those programmes about 16th and 18th birthday parties where parents spend a fortune, one girl literally had her school mates line up while she handed out the invites to the ones she wanted they acted like they'd won the lottery.

I just sat there hoping someone would slap the shit out of her.

Oh I have teenage girls that's why programme was on.

Yeah yeah Gary, excuses excuses ;) lol

I know exactly what you mean though, i've flicked onto mtv and that's nonsense has been on. It's amazing how that is life for some people, those people will never work a day in their life!

My wife loves reality TV. It's something I've come to accept but it's safe to say it mwakes me want to stab these bitches in the eyeballs. "real housewives of ....". Basically women who do nothing but live off their husbands. No achievements in life, no goals, no ambition, nothing.

The worst one is by far some "honey boo boo" shit. All it is is a few cameras following this family of utter low life trash. People that don't have jobs, have 84 kids, are all morbidly obese, including their kids, they sit around and eat chips and shit all day, and even take their fat little kiddies to pageants. No fucking wonder society is in the state it's in. Not only are the government rewarding this kind of lifestyle by funding it, but so are the press by publicising it.

If it were down to me, people like that would all be piled into a heap and given one salami to fight over. People like this shouldn't be allowed to exist. All they do is eat, sponge, eat sponge.

There are in fact often times in the show where you can see the parents struggling to string a coherent sentence together. Not drunk or anything, but simply out of breath from talking. Talking.

It winds me up so much. When my wife watches that shit, I have to leave the room. I can't sit and watch these lazy scumbags get rewarded by society for being such lazy wastes of space.

banlol.png

On the flip side there are also those kids that have a privileged upbringing, spoilt beyond belief you only have to see those programmes about 16th and 18th birthday parties where parents spend a fortune, one girl literally had her school mates line up while she handed out the invites to the ones she wanted they acted like they'd won the lottery.

I just sat there hoping someone would slap the shit out of her.

Oh I have teenage girls that's why programme was on.

I caught one where the girls dad got her a brand new like $50,000+ luxury car, 16 no license, she broke down in a crying fit and temper tantrum because she didn't like the color. :huh: I also remember seeing one where this girls family left a Christmas tree up all year round and gave her a present every day. People are whack!

My first car was a hand me down 1984 Dodge 600 ES and I was happy to have it. Used to joke with my WWII era Grandfather that its only redeeming quality was the Japanese Mitsubishi engine. He'd get maaaaaad! :lol:

I read an interview with Jamie Oliver the other day, he'd been doing a show about how people who don't earn a lot can still eat healthy. He began by sayin that he used to feel sorry for people because crap food is generally cheaper than fresh produce. He then said he was disgusted when he went to these people's houses because they ate like shit but yet all had 50" 3d tvs and wore brand clothing.

Priorities obviously isn't a known word for to some people. I think this goes hand in hand with how children are brought up. People's priorities are wrong and unfortunately some people's priority list doesn't even include their children.

As I'm not a father some may think I don't have a right to say how someone should raise their child but the way I see it is you need a balance. You must be strict with them and show them the rights and wrongs of life and tell them to treat others how you'd want to be treated in return. But at the same time you have to let them find out life for themselves, don't give them everything on a plate.

Basically the idea's simple but putting it in to practice takes hard work.

I'm rabbiting now

I think you guys touched on the real problems a couple of times. When did kids get to be like that? When parents stopped parenting and let it happened. 

I guarantee that my 17 or my 15 year old don't give anyone any crap because they'd have to deal with me or even worst my wife if they did.

Speaking of teachers...

When I was in the 10th grade we had a substitute teacher that became the full time teacher for our english class. The kids totally controlled that class. I would sit there very uncomfortably. They would be throwing things around the class and EVERYONE cheated on their tests, you could see it plain as day. And I was the ONLY person to show this old woman any respect. I called her ma'am, I talked to her polite, just how I was raised. It got so bad I wanted to go to the office and tell them that I can't be in that class anymore because I feel bad for the teacher and I would ALWAYS leave my first class with a headache for the rest of the day. We would have people come in and sit for the class to watch it and everyone would be fine. But the next day it was back to the circus.

I was very sick in the 10th grade and I was rarely there. I struggled in school because of not being there. I asked my teacher, what can I do to pass her class and she told me some things to do and I did some of them. She passed me with a D. I looked at my reports and there is NO way I could have passed this class at all. I believe she passed me because I was the only person to treat her with respect for that whole class and that's very sad.  :unsure:

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

I see some pretty sad kids around my age. I can't stand it when people don't treat others with respect. Although,at least over here, I don't think the problem is bad. It is clear that interactions/dynamic between children and parent have changed, my mum tells me how she was treated compared to me. However, in most cases I don't think it is a problem, I know the respect I need to show but I also know when to voice my opinion. 

Kia Ora. 

My mom would turn me into a handbag if I called her by her first name.

"Is that Chanel?"

"No it's Dattebayo."

:lol:

My Mom and I were at a restaurant and a woman was calling her baby by yelling in a high pitched voice "Come to moo moo, doo doo. Come to moo moo!" over and over. My Mom and I laughed so hard at the woman we had a cry and nearly choked on our food. So I've called my mom "Moo" ever since and she calls me "Doo". :lol:

I see some pretty sad kids around my age. I can't stand it when people don't treat others with respect. Although,at least over here, I don't think the problem is bad. It is clear that interactions/dynamic between children and parent have changed, my mum tells me how she was treated compared to me. However, in most cases I don't think it is a problem, I know the respect I need to show but I also know when to voice my opinion

This is what a lot of young people lack

On a related point, it's also knowing to wait to be acknowledged rather than butting into a conversation but, sadly, there is no age bar to this one

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I *still* call my dad "Dad".  He didn't raise me most of my childhood, we've been fall down drunk together, in many ways we're like an older and younger brother since his parents had as much hand in raising me as anyone and it would STILL be awkward as twisted balls to call him by his name.

This has nothing to do with kids. Zero. They are nothing more than a by-product. Their behavior (with exception of the looneys) is simply a reflection of how they were raised.

There are just a fuck load more shitty parents today than there was 20/40/60 years ago. People let TV raise and discipline their kids. People stopped going to church. The moral fabric of society has diminished because we've conditioned the stupid and poor to feel entitled to shit. So it's a society of gimme gimme gimme and the vicious cycles get worse and worse over time. What are we at now like a 50 percent divorce ratio? Wtf is that? We've forgotten what a family is. Dudes making money. Bitches cleaning and raising the kids. And church on Sunday. If you complain you get the shit beat out of you with a belt.

Fucking progressives.

Mcnasty out.