Destiny: Everything we know

L_C_Scipio

I can' watch James' video, but those clips were of player vs player games. One game looked like a form of Domination. Competitive matches would need to be on a confined map with defined teams. Co-op mode would be more about exploring the world.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Couldn't find a PvP game, played some missions. It seems really well done to me, going to play a bunch more over the weekend in between the world cup football

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

While in orbit you have tower,earth and something else,can't remember the name it's four a.m., pick the something else ;) that's the PvP

Yeah I could find it just couldn't get 12 players together

Since then I've managed to get some PvP, quite nice although I seemed to be having a lot of hit detection problems, or I suck

Like the hover bike things, nice getting a kill with them

Part of me wants to avoid the beta and I haven't been aggressively following all the released details. Trying to preserve the newness and surprises I guess. Anyone else feel that way?

I'm actually considering skipping the beta now that I've had a little taste; it may hold me over until September. I've only played an hour or so but I'm already 100% confident in the awesomeness of the final product. Like you said, I don't want to spoil too much of the magic before I get the game for real.

I like the fact I tried this and will hopefully try the beta, I wasn't sure I'd like the game but that's been quashed, I'm basically using it to try out the differing controls and guardians, need to try the hunter class.

I think more games,looking at you CoD, need to have betas like this. I know Battlefield does but they are typically so buggy you really can't tell if you like it. However hardline has been very good.

So has anyone tried the PvP yet?

I think more games,looking at you CoD, need to have betas like this. I know Battlefield does but they are typically so buggy you really can't tell if you like it. However hardline has been very good.

If COD AW doesn't have a beta; it will be a disgrace to the community and themselves. I don't know why they haven't done it in the past - probably scared of losing sales but a lot could be ironed out before release instead of the gamers who buy on release essentially playing a beta until the issues get rectified in time for the Xmas noobs.

Destiny although it claims to be an alpha is more like a demo just like what Titanfall did. That 'beta' essentially saw the game upscaled to 144fps which is unreal. I'm not a fan of Halo but Destiny feels pretty decent although a bit rough at times with 30fps and the engine is a bit dated. Looks very good though and I hope it maintains some long term interest without dying a death too soon as the fall competition between games heats up. Certainly has the potential to be one of the best next gen games so far. 

There's no way Cod is getting a beta because they will think it will cost then sales however after ghosts I think people will be put off till they see some proper reviews and game plays a beta may convince people to buy, however I fully expect pre orders to be down, this will be the first cod I won't pretty order.

Destiny PvP had a game but seems hard to get players in but it played pretty well, as said before matchmaking will be the make or break.

I don't know if any of you guys ever look through the comments on Bungie's updates but it's both funny and a little sad how mad Xbox players get because Bungie "hates" them. Somehow they think Bungie owes them, I guess cause Halo was an exclusive.