Gears of War: E-Day

WelchyTV

I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS REAL!! 

As a huge Gears fan, this is a dream game for me!! Don’t get me wrong, I was hoping and expecting Gears 6, and I still want that game eventually, but I am so hyped for this prequel! 

I have a lot of questions such as what and who are they going to use as the ‘main boss’, it obviously can’t be RAAM. Also, the first Gears game starts with Marcus in prison, so will this game end with that happening? It’s 14 years before the original game so I assume not, and assume it will focus on the first few days after E-Day?  

Either way, from the trailer it looks like they may be going back to the series roots and I really hope they are. Hearing the Mad world tones in the trailer gave me serious goosebumps! 

Couldn’t be more hyped for this game!!! 

Ive always loved the Gears games and they were the main reasons i got an Xbox each time they released on the new generations of consoles. This was a great trailer and I am so happy it's going back to Marcus and Dom (although it would be good to eventually get a Gears 6 to finish off the new story)! Just means i'm going to have to get an xbox again when this finally releases 🤦‍♂️😂 Can't wait!!!!

Last year I replayed the first two games which was nice. I played 3 back in the day but don't remember much about it but 4 was disappointing. I did enjoy 5 but I'm not sure the open world benefitted it all that much when compared to more linear-based missions. This will be interesting especially as a prequel which is definitely a good narrative choice as I don't think they could've done another one as a continuation. 

20 hours ago, Antpool84 said:

Ive always loved the Gears games and they were the main reasons i got an Xbox each time they released on the new generations of consoles. This was a great trailer and I am so happy it's going back to Marcus and Dom (although it would be good to eventually get a Gears 6 to finish off the new story)! Just means i'm going to have to get an xbox again when this finally releases 🤦‍♂️😂 Can't wait!!!!

If you do so, let me know and as I imagine this will be co-op I would be up for playing it through with you. I have really enjoyed the games over the year and I think this could be a great place to go from a story point of view. I think the only thing I didn't get in recent games was the 3 person co-op with one of you playing the pointless robot....

Luseth.png