Forza Motorsport

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Nice features. Strange its not been widely promoted? Maybe the gameplay just isn't up to scratch when compared to GT7?

I believe it might actually be a very decent game. Review copies have been sent to youtubers so hopefully will hear more soon.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

It's on game pass, so I downloaded it last night and gave it a whirl.  It looks fucking amazing in 4K and runs so damn smooth.  It's a racing sim and controls really tight, but I imagine it would be better with a wheel set-up.  I'll keep at it for a bit longer, but I preferred the Horizon series.  I personally like the arcade racing games, but I'm willing to give this a chance.  So far, so good.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Reviews seem to be a little mixed on this one but tempted to pick up a month or 2 of gamepass to try it.  Though might wait a few weeks to let them get a patch or 2 out first and for the community to settle on some good wheel settings.

It’s a shame there’s mixed reviews though as it seems FM3 and 4 were the peak but they’ve been a bit downhill since.  Still one to keep an eye on and will look forward to your thoughts when you’ve had chance to play it more.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I've heard this one is incredibly grindy and has woeful AI. If you only have access to an Xbox or Game Pass on Windows then it's probably worth considering if you're looking for a racing game, otherwise GT7 does it better across the board. I've played many Forza games and to be honest, they are fun to drive around in but the racing is terrible. 

5 hours ago, Greboth said:

I appreciate the likes of this video and Jimmer are approaching from the more serious sim of racing.  But it just doesn’t sound good anyway you look at it.

This trend for releasing unfinished games is getting a bit boring 🙄😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg