ChatGPT App

Lurchzy

You can now download ChatGPT on the App Store. I believe it uses GPT 3.5 and not the new GPT 4.0.

I personally use AI quite a lot to help write-up on topics as I am quite seriously Dyslexic and really struggle to express myself using text. For me this is really helpful.

I think AI is incredible I really do, that said I am staying away from it a little as I think this is where humanity will lose itself, what do we all do when AI is running things? I can't sit and play call of duty with you fuckers 18 hours a day. What will be left when an ai robot is doing everything round your house, has taken your job and produces everything in the world? To be fair what need is there for humans at that point? ^_^ Surely we would be the inefficient cog by that point because robots are still having to produce food for us, surely they would be better off without us then?

Not to put a downer on it all but yeah you can go down a rabbit hole of where we could be in 20 years time (let's be honest AI advancement will be scarily quick).

Luseth.png

35 minutes ago, Luseth said:

I think AI is incredible I really do, that said I am staying away from it a little as I think this is where humanity will lose itself, what do we all do when AI is running things? I can't sit and play call of duty with you fuckers 18 hours a day. What will be left when an ai robot is doing everything round your house, has taken your job and produces everything in the world? To be fair what need is there for humans at that point? ^_^ Surely we would be the inefficient cog by that point because robots are still having to produce food for us, surely they would be better off without us then?

Not to put a downer on it all but yeah you can go down a rabbit hole of where we could be in 20 years time (let's be honest AI advancement will be scarily quick).

Personally i think our time can be used better by caring for each other. Looking after the young and the elderly, for example.

Humans like a challenge and we have 'imagination', so we would always be up to something interesting. 

Right now we're wage slaves and we've been persuaded our only only value is in our labour. That's fucked up imo

Most people have latent creativity and skills they never get to develop because putting food on the table and paying the bills takes a lot of energy. 

I'm more afraid of the world we live in today than an AI future.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, Luseth said:

24 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Personally i think our time can be used better by caring for each other. Looking after the young and the elderly, for example.

Humans like a challenge and we have 'imagination', so we would always be up to something interesting. 

Right now we're wage slaves and we've been persuaded our only only value is in our labour. That's fucked up imo

Most people have latent creativity and skills they never get to develop because putting food on the table and paying the bills takes a lot of energy. 

I'm more afraid of the world we live in today than an AI future.

I agree with Phil on this one.

Do believe there is a place for AI to do good and free up time for us to spend with family and friends.

Just need to get a good grip on it before things start going south.

3 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

I agree with Phil on this one.

Do believe there is a place for AI to do good and free up time for us to spend with family and friends.

Just need to get a good grip on it before things start going south.

But we also know what humanity is like, we will create AI for war, we will create it for profit and they are two things that will not create better wellbeing for us, it won't result in more time to spend with family. It will result in more time for the rich to spend with family while the rest of humanity starves and suffers. It will become something for the rich, do you think we will be giving AI robots to third world countries to help them survive, help them grow enough crops and such. I think the issue is not what AI is capable of, it's how we get to it's end goal. Remember the whole idea is this AI will learn from us and it won't be learning just the good aspects of humanity but the bad traits too.

We need to get ourselves in order first and I just do not see that happening.

Luseth.png

Just now, Luseth said:

But we also know what humanity is like, we will create AI for war, we will create it for profit and they are two things that will not create better wellbeing for us, it won't result in more time to spend with family. It will result in more time for the rich to spend with family while the rest of humanity starves and suffers. It will become something for the rich, do you think we will be giving AI robots to third world countries to help them survive, help them grow enough crops and such. I think the issue is not what AI is capable of, it's how we get to it's end goal. Remember the whole idea is this AI will learn from us and it won't be learning just the good aspects of humanity but the bad traits too.

True.

11 minutes ago, Luseth said:

Absolutely with you on that 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I am so impressed with how far AI has come of late and seemingly so quickly but it's gonna put a lot of people out of work. I am already sick of automated shit on phones and AI will just add more dynamics and replace humans. It's also causing pure havoc with people cheating their exams and some AI programs can actually harvest people's voices which has also caused hell as people have been blackmailed, framed and even scammed.  As per usual, regulation will be 10 years off the pace and rather than control how this is implemented, companies will be racing to cash in and others for dodgy means. 

Could be interesting for gaming though as seen with this

However developers have already been caught out using AI to cheat development in some aspects of their games which has not gone down too well.