🎲 Dungeons and Dragons Night! 🐉

Lurchzy

2 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

F2F would be cool but may exclude people that couldn't travel regularly. Feel like discord isn't bad we'd just need a consistent date/s and DM.

I think as James say's it risks excluding a couple of people. Very much depends on who could attend I suppose. I like the idea of being DM but I think we all need to know what we are doing so maybe I'll give it a go after a couple of these shorter games? Elliott is very good at it seems so I think any of us would be struggling to achieve his level of dungeon masteryness.

Luseth.png

On 10/30/2023 at 9:44 AM, Luseth said:

So the second part is to be played this coming Sunday 🙂 I am quite looking forward to dying....

On a serious note I did enjoy the first part though I think we were very much finding our feet. I don't know about the other guy's but it definately stoked my interest and I like the idea of having a regular group playing (how that pans out with home life though is probably the issue). My wife has also shown interest and it has led us onto a new hobby in which we have been creating, buying and painting various models such as D&D and warhammer. My wife is definately better at painting than I am but I have done 1 or 2 and have a set still to build and paint.

But yeah I am quite looking forward to this Sunday ^_^ If it goes well I'd definately be up for future sessions, maybe even doing them in person as well seeing as a few of us don't live all that far apart. We just need to convince Elliot to carry on being DM or see if any of us would be willing to give it a go!

Also I have 4 sets of D&D dice already, I feel like that is a bit of a rabbit hole if I'm being honest....

I’m glad you enjoyed it and I’m sure we could arrange some more games in the future - we waste enough time playing call of duty!

as for dice, they are addictive! I got a dice advent calendar from Dakota Irish last year and it was awesome!

signatures small.jpg

On 11/1/2023 at 10:27 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

If we did end up more regular, I would look to find a regular time myself, but James is right that we would need a DM to pull us through each time. Elliott @Middle Class Caveman is class at it, because he also helps the group learn as you go along but I know his time is precious, plus he does it separately with another group of his IRL friends too I believe.

Would F2F sessions work, even if they were spread out?

Face to face sessions are always best and they can run a lot longer too. 

We could probably get away with running monthly or 3 weekly sessions on  a Sunday night maybe? 

signatures small.jpg

Just wanted to say I enjoyed this last night, the story was good fun. I think @Middle Class Caveman deserves to be applauded as he was a great DM, he also could have wiped us out a few times and I think he held back, which with the stick some of us give him sometimes I am sure he was very tempted to stomp us into the ground! 😄

Special mention to @Lurchzy for holding our combat back with his fine choice of spellcasting, I am still not convinced he wasn't on the dark lord's side 😛

@Greboth should have stuck to healing himself in the last fight for all the use James was! 😄

And thank you @TheMuggySpud for his heavy damage dealing and head lopping skills whilst also carrying around a small child!

I'm also going to praise myself for telling C'thune the truth while Cal was dealing with his little one before he had chance to run at him with a battle axe 🤣

Cheers guys!

Luseth.png

8 hours ago, Luseth said:

Just wanted to say I enjoyed this last night, the story was good fun. I think @Middle Class Caveman deserves to be applauded as he was a great DM, he also could have wiped us out a few times and I think he held back, which with the stick some of us give him sometimes I am sure he was very tempted to stomp us into the ground! 😄

Special mention to @Lurchzy for holding our combat back with his fine choice of spellcasting, I am still not convinced he wasn't on the dark lord's side 😛

@Greboth should have stuck to healing himself in the last fight for all the use James was! 😄

And thank you @TheMuggySpud for his heavy damage dealing and head lopping skills whilst also carrying around a small child!

I'm also going to praise myself for telling C'thune the truth while Cal was dealing with his little one before he had chance to run at him with a battle axe 🤣

Cheers guys!

Just played my character well pal 😉

On 11/6/2023 at 10:38 AM, Luseth said:

Cheers guys!

Oh @Luseth you are too kind!

Wiping out parties is never part of the fun and it was your first times so it's hard to navigate the options you have in front of you. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and watching you all slowly fall into your characters was great to see. You should all be very proud of yourselves.

@Greboth @TheMuggySpud @Lurchzy

signatures small.jpg